Burger King Employee Reviews

working in fast friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoy working in customer service you meet a diversity of people on a daily basis, I also like to work in a fast pace environment and meeting timely deadlines.
Pros
working with different people from different cultures
Cons
no benifits for employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Time managing was hard, did not have the appropriate hours to work with, had many conflicts and did not have an option to choose my own schedule. Co-workers did not have any good communication with me.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Co-workers
Horrifying experience, would not suggest to anyone
Food Runner/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Personally the job was just not for me, I did my best to stick it out thinking maybe the job would grow on me but unfortunately it did not, The staff were sometime-ish, they had their days that they were nice and respectful but majority of the time they were rude. Would not suggest working there.
fast paced work place
Cashier and Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2016
i worked there as a cashier, cook and cleaner.the people who work there are very helpful and caring. its a very fast paced workplace. we all worked as family members.
It was a good job
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 7, 2016
It was alright, as it was difficult in some way or the other. If you were new you were typically told to do all the cleaning by the older employees. I was normally left alone to manage the front cashier because everyone else always focused on the drive thru.
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 2, 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
Cons
it was productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 30, 2016
working there was fun i liked it alot. the workers was nice and friendly. my manager is every good to worker with. Customers was always friendly overall it was was a good working enviroment.
fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 25, 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
fun place to work at
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 19, 2016
typical day at work would be clocking in stalk up on meats go on my dessignated spot and doing what im suppose to do, manger and other employee are great overall a good place to work
Pros
dicount lunch
Cons
counting tils
its fun but a hard job
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
most busy days we are short staff so everybody needs to do extra work than usual. the co workers are fun to work with they are friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is to deal with those stubborn customers.
Pros
free lunches paid breaks
Cons
short staff
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 16, 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
Easy to get comfortable
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 14, 2016
High stress, no opportunities for advancement unless you get fortunate timing and have a pre-existing relationship with your boss
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 14, 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are great. It gets monotonous but I like working there.

Typical day is you prep the ingredients and make sandwiches, grill burgers, stack the products and wash dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good co-workers but stressful days/shifts.
Cashier/customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 11, 2016
a good place to work for first time job holders but can become overly stressful due to lack of training in certain positions as well as lack of communication.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSAugust 9, 2016
Coworkers were fun and friendly to work with, not many problems with customer service or production efficiency; so long as everyone is doing their job correctly.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Confederation Park, SKAugust 9, 2016
It was always fun going to work, knowing i had a job. Burger king was my first job that turned out to be long term because i really enjoyed the employees and management at the time.
good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 7, 2016
Very busy work day and great people.It is always a challenge to ensure every guest is happy ever time they visit but customers service is number ONE. I get along great with others and all customers
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management

2.8