Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), King City, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: free lunch, long hours
Cons: too much cleaning
I usually do cashier as soon as i start my shift. after break my supervisor will recruit me to the back where the items are refrigerated and kept frozen and from there i have date and organize all food items correspondingly.
my co workers are now my closest friends and have been very supportive ever since i have started the job.
the hardest part of my job is organizing the products during delivery days, where all food products will be delivered.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers
good place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: good environment to work at
Cons: transportaion wasnt good dont drive
fun place to work at good people to work with managers were great staff was easy to get along with hours were good just hard to get there
Productive and enjoyable place to work- Burger king
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Discounts on food purchases
Cons: Long hours, fast paced environment
a typical day at work be the usual, working at the back making the orders, i have learnt to make the items on the burger king menu. Such as the Whopper, Big king, Double Stacker, Chicken Nuggets, etc. My co-workers at this work place were very supporting when I first started off and were very helpful till the very end. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I first started off, since it was a fast-food franchise, the work done needed to be fast-paced/
The most enjoyable part of this work was that when I worked at the front as a cashier, i got to meet new people, serve them, and get most new experience out of it.
working in burger king is great
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free manager meal
Cons: lees hours in winter time
It is fun and good to work in BurgerKing. I learned how to manage people etc., people/ crew are warm and energetic. the hardest part of my job is when we are busy and your crew is not coming to work or late. The rest i like to everything in burgerking.
Fun work environment
Cashier/Cook/Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Crossfield, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working with people. This was a Great first job in high school. I gained customer service knowledge. As well as how to preform in stressful situations.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: late hours
while this company was in business it was an enjoyable company to be employed by. Every opportunity of advancement was provided to the employees.
Teamwork
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: breaks
Cons: minimuim wage
Burger king allowed me to work as a team and interact with customers. This job also helped me build skills and work much faster and more efficient. My time management and organization skills also improved.
Great hours i put in on this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: free pop
Cons: not giving all my hours i've worked
Well at first I didn't mind the job putting in crazy hours filling in for others who wouldn't make it to work, Learning how to use a touch screen till, knowing how to meet and greet customers, Also knowing how to make burgers, fries, and other food they serve. Some workers were shy but as soon as we got to know one another we were okay working together. the hardest part was trying to get my full hours I worked and not getting them.
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours worked
a typical work day consisted of dealing with cash and the customers.i learned how to take orders and what people wanted and how they wanted it to be.management was ok to work with and be around.co-workers were fun to work with and easy to talk to.hardest part of the job was working the right hours.the most enjoyable part was getting a discount for working there.
Horrible
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
During training, I was taught to do things a certain way and then when the inspector came to look at the place, I was then told that everything they taught me wasn't what I was supposed to be doing.
Fast pace environment that can be fun depending on the co-works on that shift
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Free lunch benefit
Cons: Sometime uncoordinated
Some nice co-workers, some not so nice. Working at a fast pace on drive thru. Management was sometimes very demanding. It was hard constantly being talked down to and not responding or reacting to the ill treatment at times. I enjoyed going to work otherwise.
Enjoyable wordplace with awesome co workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No break room
Customers are usually nice but you get a lot of people that can be hard to get along with, fortunately you learn quick how to deal with upset customers.
Management was wonderful, really easy to get along with as well as the co workers. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the people you worked with.
excellent workplace
assistant in the kitchen (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cleaning the place up
I have worked at burger king, not for long but long enough to recognize the work environment and the management team. It was a friendly environment and my co-workers were incredibly kind and fun to work with. I enjoyed working there as a start up job, I liked the experience.
Making food, serving customers, counting tills
Host (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 21, 2015
Not Great. Really only good if you want a fulltime job that doesn't require much. Management positions are to be avoided
amazing environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 13, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: long hours
if you are just starting out at a job this is perfect, the people are friendly and the management is understanding, great place to work
great team atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 10, 2015
Pros: 50% off entire menu
Cons: some rude staff
welcoming crew and friendly management.
keeps you moving fast. An extreme amount of pressurized situations are thrown at you. Overall new friends are made, while getting the job done!
fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 7, 2015
enjoyable place to work at great people and great customers. I really learned alot of valuable transferrable skills at burger king and reccomend it to another person
Energetic co-workers and social manager
trainee (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2015
A very fun place to work in. Everybody works as a team during the rush hours. And everybody is friendly to everyone. I now know the meaning of responsibility and teamwork. The most hardest part of the is when were in the dinner time rush hour,
good job
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 5, 2015
Work is too much but pay rate is too less but all the employees are nice and i just want too upgrade myself but i learn many things like Hard work,Customer satisfaction,Time management
NOT FLEXIBLE WITH CREWS SCHEDULE, UNORGANIZED, NO BENEFITS, NO RAISE
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBDecember 2, 2015
Pros: HALF PRICE WHOPPER??
Cons: EVERYTHING
I WORKED AT BK FOR 2 YEARS AS A SHIFT COORDINATOR. MY 1ST RGM NEVER ASKED ME OR ANY OF MY TEAM ABOUT OUR AVAILABILITY. WE FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO THE MANAGERS "WANTS". WE CANT ASK FOR DAY OFF UNLESS WE EXPLAIN WHY WE NEED IT AND IF ITS REALLY IMPORTANT. SOMETIMES THERE IS ONLY 3 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR, 1 MAIN BOARD, 1 DT, AND 1 FRONT COUNTER. DURING LUNCH RUSH ITS CHAOS! FOR 2 YEARS OF WORKING THEY ONLY GAVE US 1 RAISE. THE RGM TOLD US IF WE DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLE THE RESTAURANT WE CAN LOOK FOR OTHER JOB BECAUSE HE SAID "ITS MY WAY OR HI-WAY" SO MOST OF US LEFT.
Headquarters