Burger King Employee Reviews

Fun people and a good experience
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2016
I would clock into work and then my mangers will tell me what cash register i will work on. I begin to take the customers orders while refilling the condiments, the napkins, wiping trays and getting the food to the customer once it was prepared.I would also clean the washrooms and sweep the floor as well as changing the garbage or taking it out to the compactor. Furthermore, I would talk to my employees casually at times but also about anything the customer might need. I learned how to interact with customers and make sure that they had everything they required. Management were strict at times but i understood it was to make sure that no one slacked off and that the work speed did not slow down. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job because i got to talk to them and have fun as well as working. The hardest part was getting used to the procedures there but once i got used to it i overcame the problems that i had.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 September 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Great Workplaces
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2016
Working at both Scotiabank and CIBC I can honestly say they both provide great support, plenty of room for advancements, competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
Pleasant environment with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier, Dixie Mall Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
The store I worked in was a very pleasant place with friendly co-workers and managers. The food was very good and the managers were always helpful whenever you needed help.
I had to leave because I was moving into different city but otherwise I would have stayed. There is also lots of chance for advancement too. Several of my co-workers and I were offered a chance to apply for a supervisory position within 6 months.
Pros
Delicious foods for 50% discount and job advancement
Cons
not good for diet and long hours
working in fast friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 September 2016
I enjoy working in customer service you meet a diversity of people on a daily basis, I also like to work in a fast pace environment and meeting timely deadlines.
Pros
working with different people from different cultures
Cons
no benifits for employees
Productive fun staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Loved working here but there was no room for advancement and salary was also lacking. Great first job to have. Customers get a bit edgy when food not recieved within 5 mins of ordering.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Small pay for workload
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2016
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Pros
free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons
no raises
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 May 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Experience and knowledge starter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2016
At Burger King I started as a crew member and was a student graduating high school going into college. At first it was a job to make some extra money until I started working there and as the time went on I grew to enjoy the job. A typical day was an after school shift where I worked either drive thru, cash, or food preparation. Every day was a learning experience because I was just starting off and had to learn and understand the job. The management staff always changing because there were promotions, managers quiting, and being terminated but overrall they were good. My coworkers were amazing got to grow with them and we helped each other all the time. The hardest part about this job was that I was fresh and never had a job until Burger King. The most enjoyable part is the fact that i was able to join a company and grow with it, I was promoted and a supervisor for 5 years.
Pros
Where I built my experience
Cons
Didn't work out
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
I have started out as a employee, then up to management with in 4 months. I have had previous experience with them and Mcdonalds in the states. they like the rep that I got and then asked me if I wanted to become an assistant manager.
Face paced and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2016
A typical work day at Burger King, consisted of dealing with customers through the shifts and taking orders, also a lot of cleaning was involved in this job (kitchen, bathrooms, dining rooms, trays).
I learned a lot from this job since it was my first real world job. I learned a lot of people skills and know how to deal with customers in sticky situations. I also learned how to properly use my time management skills.
My experience with the management here was alright, but I would have like to see certain issues around the work place resolved faster. My experience with the co-workers at Burger King was phenomenal, I loved everybody I had a chance to work with here. The hardest part of the job was getting orders to people in a certain amount of time, but we always managed with team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating strong relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Met a lot of good people, learned a lot of new skills that could help me in the future
Cons
Good place to work for starting out
Kitchen staff, truck, and stock (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2016
Awesome place to gain people skills and basic kitchen skills along with responsibility. At this particular location however, management was at times unfair giving a 30 minute break for a 10 hour shift, and after working there 4 months, I got fired for calling in to ONE shift after my brother was hospitalized.
Pros
Skills you learn
Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 May 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management

2.8