Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 27, 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Pleasant environment with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier, Dixie Mall Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
The store I worked in was a very pleasant place with friendly co-workers and managers. The food was very good and the managers were always helpful whenever you needed help.
I had to leave because I was moving into different city but otherwise I would have stayed. There is also lots of chance for advancement too. Several of my co-workers and I were offered a chance to apply for a supervisory position within 6 months.
Pros
Delicious foods for 50% discount and job advancement
Cons
not good for diet and long hours
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Pros
Benefits & flexible hours
Cons
Early mornings & Late nights
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
Not a place to stay forever
Manager/ Maintenance/ Drive-Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was working l/n handling drive-thru duties, making orders, cleaning the restaurant, taking apart the broiler for cleaning, changing the oil in the fryers and scrubbing them clean, cleaning all the stations including Fry station, do the nightly cash outs, paper work, time sheets, etc. the management was fun to be around, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was you and one person vs getting everything done, the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor wage
fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
It requires a lots of skills to work here in Burger king like customer service,multi tasking,easily adapting,problem solving,diplomatic and time management.
Every day is different. I have to adapt to daily situation. My daily performance is based 60 percent on my team; where i have to work with a team of 5 to 10 different crew members.Their mood might not be the same every day. It is very necessary to read their mind at the beginning of their shift.
I find it easy to handle the customers.Even if in busy hours, effective communication can easily satisfy the customer needs
The more important thing that i am more focused in is to make sure that my customer leaves the door happily.
I dont mind in sacrificing my ego to keep a valuable customer
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
Good part time job
Shift Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2016
Typically, I would come to work and I would check what needed to be done and I'd make my list of what needs to be done and which staff member was going to assigned to said job. I would keep up with daily duties such as dishes, garbage, cash management, sweeping etc. Also making sure customers are happy, and keeping up with customer service.
Good place to work for starting out
Kitchen staff, truck, and stock (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Awesome place to gain people skills and basic kitchen skills along with responsibility. At this particular location however, management was at times unfair giving a 30 minute break for a 10 hour shift, and after working there 4 months, I got fired for calling in to ONE shift after my brother was hospitalized.
Pros
Skills you learn
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2016
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Pros
free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons
no raises
productive and fun place with people from all kinds of culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 31, 2016
Burger King provides a fun and enjoyable work atmosphere. Managers care about staff's safety. In the busy time, there are a lot of
heavy work to do. It's tiring. But I enjoyed the time working with people from different culture and backgrounds. Great work experience.
This place was awful
Kitchen worker, Stock, Prep and Outdoor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I hated working at Burger King. Due to its place (OnRoute) it was a hard place to travel to (which their guidelines only made it harder). They did not meet health and safety standards. They consistently change the schedule without any notice and with less than 24 hours before a shift. This was a brutal place to work and I would not recommend it.