Burger King Employee Reviews

Fun people and a good experience
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 August 2016
I would clock into work and then my mangers will tell me what cash register i will work on. I begin to take the customers orders while refilling the condiments, the napkins, wiping trays and getting the food to the customer once it was prepared.I would also clean the washrooms and sweep the floor as well as changing the garbage or taking it out to the compactor. Furthermore, I would talk to my employees casually at times but also about anything the customer might need. I learned how to interact with customers and make sure that they had everything they required. Management were strict at times but i understood it was to make sure that no one slacked off and that the work speed did not slow down. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job because i got to talk to them and have fun as well as working. The hardest part was getting used to the procedures there but once i got used to it i overcame the problems that i had.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Productive and friendly work environment with lots of cultures
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 January 2017
A typical day on-the-job at my previous location was very moderate; there are "regulars" (customers who visit often) who come by and learn your name, making the service experience all the more enjoyable. And also the other employees were quite interesting as there were many different cultures of ethnicity throughout the staff.
There were some challenges, such as adjusting to a new task, meeting new coworkers, but they all helped to improve my own skills such as communication, guest service, sales, and transaction methods.
Overall, the most enjoyable part of the day was establishing that it had been a productive day and that you served the customers to the best of your ability, making their day that much more pleasant.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Closing at 2am
Hard to put up with
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
A typical day at work will consist of doing whatever the managers ask of you, which is expected in any form of job. However, you're tasked with various different jobs while the managers are lazy and do nothing while they delegate all these tasks. Furthermore, your personal life and time management mean nothing to them. They tend to put your responsibilities at the bottom of the priorities list despite letting them know ahead of time if your availability changes. They fail to properly train new staff and have them stuck on one position which defeats the purpose of having flexible team members that are able to switch shifts with people. Co-workers are friendly. Best part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
50% discounted meals, occasional free meals
Cons
Everything listed in the review
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 September 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Fast paced, always had something to do.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS29 December 2016
Overall, not a bad place for a child to start their career in working. There was no advancement or benefits that would make an adult satisfied with having a family and pay the bills at the same time
Pros
nice people
Cons
many false accusations of criminal actions
Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
Not bad if you really need a job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 January 2017
Cons: *There's not much room for advancement
*Hours are not guaranteed
*Benefits are not available for all employees
*Minimum wage pay with no raises despite how long you have worked there.

Pros: * offers accommodating hours
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
A fine workplace with great people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
The typical day at work was pretty busy for the most part but sustainable.

Learned how to assemble burgers
How to stock the freezer
How to clean the workplace and equipment

Management was professional on handling situations

Co-workers are professional and good people

Hardest part of the job was working on Whopper Wednesdays due to the high demand of the burger.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the co-workers and also the discounts on food.
Pros
Discount on food. Professional co-workers.
Cons
Whopper Wednesdays.
Productive fun staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Loved working here but there was no room for advancement and salary was also lacking. Great first job to have. Customers get a bit edgy when food not recieved within 5 mins of ordering.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Small pay for workload
Great Workplaces
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2016
Working at both Scotiabank and CIBC I can honestly say they both provide great support, plenty of room for advancements, competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
Flexible Environment, Great Team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2016
A typical day working at Burger King includes working the cash register, drive thru, helping put together meals, and maintaining the stores appearance and utilities. I learned a great deal of customer service and built great relationships with my coworkers. There isn't really a hard part of the job as management and coworkers are always there to help you. The greatest part of the job was being able to have flexible hours and also having a great team to work with.
Pros
Great team, flexible hours, employee discounts
working in fast friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 September 2016
I enjoy working in customer service you meet a diversity of people on a daily basis, I also like to work in a fast pace environment and meeting timely deadlines.
Pros
working with different people from different cultures
Cons
no benifits for employees
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
Burger King is a very fast paced working environment. I had a good working experience. The management is just fine and I had some good co-workers as well.
Pros
Great discounted meals
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
Pleasant environment with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier, Dixie Mall Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
The store I worked in was a very pleasant place with friendly co-workers and managers. The food was very good and the managers were always helpful whenever you needed help.
I had to leave because I was moving into different city but otherwise I would have stayed. There is also lots of chance for advancement too. Several of my co-workers and I were offered a chance to apply for a supervisory position within 6 months.
Pros
Delicious foods for 50% discount and job advancement
Cons
not good for diet and long hours
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
I have started out as a employee, then up to management with in 4 months. I have had previous experience with them and Mcdonalds in the states. they like the rep that I got and then asked me if I wanted to become an assistant manager.
They do not know how to run a business. The managment is terriable and it goes through staff like no tomorrow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2017
It sucks....I lovedmy job but didn't like who was running it at the time so I quit. I would go back there in a minute. But the management sucks. I miss my fellow employees but again they have to do something with the management.

2.8