Burger King Employee Reviews

Fun place to work as a teenager
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 May 2017
Job is okay for a teenager. Horrible pay with horrible managers. A lot of the workers are stressed due to management treating them horribly by calling them names if they aren't fast enough.
Overall good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 May 2017
Work hard, Meet a lot of people. Hardest part of the job is working only minimum wage. I've learned to multitask. I enjoyed the 50% discount when i needed lunch certain days.
Pros
50 % off
Cons
Customers
Advancement/ pay
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 May 2017
Chances of advancing are never going to happen, pay never goes up even after 5 years working there. Take care of hard workers and they will take care of your customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
same pays, no advancement
Fun place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
A fun place to work at, team members are always enthusiastic. The hardest part would be when it's whopper day, non-stop customers and you have to move faster.
Good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Manitoba18 May 2017
I have very good experience at Burger King. I learned many things during my shift time period. Management and my co-workers are always support me. Burger King gave me a good opportunity to learn cash, take orders and makes a meals. I always thankful to my burger king.
Not the most fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 May 2017
The scheduling was not fair most times. Stuck to the same shifts all the time. No room for advancement. The pay was good but the environment under the store manager was stressful.
Did not like working here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 May 2017
My job at burger king was cooking/prepare burgers, fries, onion rings and getting them ready. I also had to clean the restrooms, make sure the restaurant was clean and tidy.
very fun atmosphere
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
During my day I work handle food. I would clean and look after customers. The team I worked with got along really well and made me like to work there.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
no area to advance
helpful staff and good opportunities to learn different things.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 May 2017
overall nice place. they cover your health issues and they provide best service to their customers.I learned that how we can work in fast work environment.
Good starting job
Porter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 May 2017
Easy work. I had the night shift and would generally come in, lock the doors and start sweeping and mopping the dining area. After that I did bathrooms, which could be the best or worst part of my night depending. After that I could do minor cleaning or sometimes just sit around untill the store closed. Then it was mostly routine stuff like broiler, hood, fryers, garbage in and outside. That would be a basic night unless I had an extra task like. Full fryer clean, full broiler clean, or full dining room.
Pros
Easy, usually a free meal, laid back enviroment
Cons
Messy, occasionally have to go above and beyond, good or bad experience usually depends on co-workers
fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2017
good environment and enjoyable job. but they dont provide any benefits and just pay u minimum wage. I am manager at burger king but still they are paying me minimum salary, this is so annoying.
Pros
free lunch for management
Cons
dont provide any benefits
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2017
i worked for a year a burger king and the morning were slow and i was send home sometimes after 3 hours which bothered me when i had plans to work the owner wayne was also very rude. they also tryed to pressure me into working when i wasn;'t on shift.
Pros
work
Cons
owner
Very poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS13 May 2017
not a professional job at all and not enough hours and also over staff i got one shift every two weeks because of how over staff it was.the managers are not professional and not doing there job right
Pros
25% discount when ur not working
Cons
very short shifts
not a fun place to be employeed
CUSTOMER SERVICE, Woodstock (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 May 2017
my burger king constantly put me down, and making me feel unwelcomed, even got called stupid a few times, as being a very intelligent person it was quite disarming, wouldnt reccomend it as a place of employment in woodstock at least, needs better mangement
Pros
Cons
doesnt follow schedual never leave at end of shift always forced to stay hours passed assinged shift
fun workplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 May 2017
overall a good place to work at. the shifts are pretty easy and the staff is easy to get along with. Except for wopper Wednesdays i had a good experience working there
Very helpful crew members and friendly environment. I have got experience more than 4 months
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2017
Productive and fun workplace. All crew members are very helpful. I have learnt a lot to work with other people in restaurant. We have 50% off on burgers and free coffee and cold drinks.
Pros
50 % off on burgers for crew members and free coffee and cold drinks
Cons
Regular hours
Productive, fast-paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Each day I was to greet and take orders from many different people. You learn to serve customers as fast and politely as possible, while maintaining a calm atmosphere.
Starter jobs for other people
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore Village, ON29 April 2017
Typically I do a lot of things, except for the money part as counting and balancing the cashes. I do a lot work and the work is not split, the work is dependable if you can do it or not.
Good first job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 April 2017
Good first job, it was a good way to learn how to talk to customers and handle money, how to handle food properly and how to take orders from other people.
Cons
Not treated with respect
Fast Pace Workplace giving importance to quality of customer service
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 April 2017
Constantly filled orders and provided service for drive thru orders on time and solved customers’ problems. Skilled worker in every position resulting in increased efficiency for customers during rush hours. Enhanced ability to complete multiple tasks in a limited amount of time
Pros
Expand Connections and discount on food
Cons
Strain on giving out order within limited time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8