Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 25, 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
fun place to work at
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 19, 2016
typical day at work would be clocking in stalk up on meats go on my dessignated spot and doing what im suppose to do, manger and other employee are great overall a good place to work
Pros
dicount lunch
Cons
counting tils
its fun but a hard job
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
most busy days we are short staff so everybody needs to do extra work than usual. the co workers are fun to work with they are friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is to deal with those stubborn customers.
Pros
free lunches paid breaks
Cons
short staff
Easy going workplace
Burger King cashier (training only) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 16, 2016
Although I was only a trainee at Burger King very briefly, I still got to experience how the average day around the workplace would be. I was taught how to use a cash register for the first time, how to prepare simple orders, and how to expedite quickly and efficiently. I believe it prepared me very well for new job opportunities. I did not always agree with how the management treated their customers, although i felt it was not my place to say anything. Despite the fact that I did not always agree with the management, I tried my very best, and exceeded at staying professional. The hardest part of the job was learning that general mistakes will occur all of the time- especially when it is a very first work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the general experience and feeling of being helpful, appreciated, and a part of a team.
Pros
gaining knowledge, communication with and meeting new people
Cons
Working with family, wanting to feel more independant
Easy to get comfortable
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 14, 2016
High stress, no opportunities for advancement unless you get fortunate timing and have a pre-existing relationship with your boss
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 14, 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are great. It gets monotonous but I like working there.

Typical day is you prep the ingredients and make sandwiches, grill burgers, stack the products and wash dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good co-workers but stressful days/shifts.
Cashier/customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 11, 2016
a good place to work for first time job holders but can become overly stressful due to lack of training in certain positions as well as lack of communication.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSAugust 9, 2016
Coworkers were fun and friendly to work with, not many problems with customer service or production efficiency; so long as everyone is doing their job correctly.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Confederation Park, SKAugust 9, 2016
It was always fun going to work, knowing i had a job. Burger king was my first job that turned out to be long term because i really enjoyed the employees and management at the time.
good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 7, 2016
Very busy work day and great people.It is always a challenge to ensure every guest is happy ever time they visit but customers service is number ONE. I get along great with others and all customers
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 2, 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
poor management
FRONT CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2016
burger king is a fun place to work on, you learned a lot things and you work with nice people. However, i am not pleased when the management started to cut hours which we, crews, suffered especially on busy days.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cutting hours
Very clean and good work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed coming into work every single day i worked... the team members that i worked with were very nice and we all got along.
Pros
Safe and clean environment
Great Workplaces
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 11, 2016
Working at both Scotiabank and CIBC I can honestly say they both provide great support, plenty of room for advancements, competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Pros
Great bonuses and incentives
it was teenage job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 6, 2016
I worked at burger king as ateenager and first job so it was different fun and learned a lot of new things here- did the cash and some food prep aswell it was afterschhol and a job for spending cash
Pros
food
Cons
non
Worst Job. Period
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
In all my experiences at lower level jobs, this has absolutely got to be the worst. Absolutely no synergy whatsoever between/amongst staff and managers. Staff is clearly divided by culture, anytime anyone messes up or does something unfavorable, many employees would stop working and talk about each other, often not in English. Managers ALWAYS pulled rank on each other, and often made employees do two-three conflicting tasks at a time. Managers would steal and take multiple hour long breaks, and were not receptive to those needing assistance, which is terrible because there is no autonomy in the job whatsoever. You need a manager's approval to even edit a customer's order, which is inefficient at best, considering how often it happens. When there are rushes and they are not available, disaster is bound to happen (at least once every shift). Customers can always sense the clear divide and either use it to their advantage to score free food, or take out their frustrations on lowly employees. In 6 months, our GM had changed three times, leading the scheduling being based on who was present the first few times they worked. I went on vacation for two weeks during one of the changes, and my hours slowed from 3-4 shifts per week to 1 every two weeks. All managers are hired without experience from outside, and I, in my time, have never seen any move up in rank. The discount is horrible, the staff is horrible, the discount is horrible, and to top it all off, I gained 15 pounds from working there. Wage increases are few and far between, and I've never seen a single one in all  more... my time there, despite being one of their most reliable, versatile, regular knowledgeable and respected employees at the time. The only good thing that came out of my time at BK was seeing how disgusting fast food places really are. Vegetarian now.  less
good employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
learned customer service skills and good coomunication skills. Preform multiple task and duties including greet customers, take orders and fulfil orders. As well as keeping workplace clean and disinfected.
Pros
great environment, fun employer
Cons
employee are unreliable, hours are long

2.8