Burger King Employee Reviews

Excellent employer.
Shift Manager and Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 August 2017
Management is understanding and reasonable. Workplace is safe, clean and organized. Room for advancement from crew member to shift manager. Duties are fair and assigned on a daily basis. Customer service skills are a must.
Great learning experience
Crew Worker/General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2017
General labour was an eye opener as to how things really work in the background. Positive team approach and everyone supports each other. Can be physical work at times.
Burger king
Caissière (Former Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC22 August 2017
J'ai adore travailler avec mon patron très belle ambiance dans le temps que c'étais Paul le patron après la vente le nouveau propriétaire Était pas agréable et a mis l'entreprise à sa perte.
Productive and fun workplace
cook/server and cleaner and cashier (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK20 August 2017
Well i start at 8 am and i start clening the parking lot and change garbage outside then come in and stock shelves and take customers orders and clean up after guests and end my shift at 4 pm. Well i learned how to work quickly and as a team player and how to work effectivelyand customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough money
Great people to work with super friendly
Cashier/Boards (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 August 2017
Very sanitary very hard work cleaning and the cashier line in the kitchen floor hallway floor bathroom dishwasher area I would definitely go back if I could but I decided to move so now I'm looking for new work
great environment
AREA COACH/AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia17 August 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is to learn my mistake ,because for me Mistake is my income and great result is my revenue.
Working in Burger king Canada is a very great environment, staff are treated as family no matter who you are and where you from. when I hired people I always hired people who are smarter than me because his motivate me as well to challenge my self and I ensure that people I hired will contribute in the business as we grow.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a good place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth16 August 2017
They dont even care about the employee. No progressive environment, No development opportunity. they wil never listen to you. work ethic is ver bad. managers treat people like nothing i can describe
As long as yo'rer not closing the job is good.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 August 2017
Although the location i worked at recently closed. The management was great and understanding. So long as you werent closing your only real job was to make the food which was actually pretty fun. Closing was another story though. That was a nightmare honestly. I could never get to go home on time. Not to mention so much dirty work, and dishes that you'd get sick from being wet after. Overall though it was actually a pretty rewarding highschool job.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Closing
Team environment for work and interacting with people daily
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 August 2017
A typical day at work involved interacting with team members and customers. You had to sometimes prepare the food in the kitchen. It also included taking payments from customers and serving customers with their orders.
typical work day
Cashier/Prep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 August 2017
Work is very stressful. management is very poor, they dont know how to talk to people properly. The customers are fun to interact with though. Plus the day goes by every quickly but you dont get much hours per week.
Pros
50% lunches
Cons
poor management, poor hours
i had a good experience in burger king overall
Forklift Operator and general labour (Current Employee) –  Brampton, missisauga, on11 August 2017
hey there, as i am working only from 3 months i would say i love working in burger king its like a family. the internal environment is good and at last i will say i will love working here.thankyou
Pros
love the environment
Terrible Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 August 2017
My employment at Burger King was the worst job I've Held. The shift management were very rude to crew members they didn't like or agree with and would make fun of fellow employees. The environment was homophobic, Islamophobic, and all around crude.
fast pased work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
The management of that store should take care of work atmosphere and rest of all is good being in that prime location store should be run 24x7 instead.
Fun and safe environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Working there was a great experience, great for a first job! I learned so much and everyone was so nice to me and didn't mind taking time to explain things
Pros
Discount
Cons
Getting burned
heavily understaffed, next to none managerial supervision/ management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 August 2017
Over worked staff at minimum pay due to awful understaffing. Store managers are couldn't care less. Job safety is non existent due to manager's lack of enthusiasm towards crew members. Those who work hard will pick up cover for those who slack, which is 80% of the staff and shift coordinators do nothing, they are usually part of said percentage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Will drain the energy out of you for a pay that isn't worth it
Terrible job with poor culture
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 August 2017
Where to start...
Dirty, greasy, the smell invades all clothing.
Salary as a restaurant manager is fair on the lower side.
Upper management will threaten your job daily. Expectations are unrealistic and unattainable, especially considering most sandwiches are customized. They will call you at all hours of the day and night

Customers were insane.

This is a job you take because you have to...until something better comes along.
Pros
Free (disgusting) food
Cons
Job culture, working environment, customers, upper management, etc.
Good workplace and training
Shift Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Manitoba4 August 2017
Enjoyable work environmrnt, knowing regular customers, and good staff. Learned about managing staff, dealing with customers. The management was good, and helpfull. Found the hours the most difficult part while i enjoyed the working with the staff and loved working in food preparation.
Pros
Free meals, good job environmrnt
Cons
Shift work
Basically
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2017
The environment was fine, but I felt that not everyone would cooperate so it made things alot harder to finish. People would choose favorites which made working unpleasant. .
Fast food
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
As a any fast food restaurant yo have to work fast. It is a great place to work in. Builds your character and the fellow employees are nothing less than fun.
Pros
Employee discount.
Former Employee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ON3 August 2017
- it was good but coworkers are not so nice.
- they give you all the work and never helped
- the customers are so nice
- job was pretty easy especially when its not so busy
- very busy during Wednesday but fun.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
poor management, co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8