Burger King
8,943 reviews

Burger King Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee), London, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad area
Terrible hours and very bad place, bad area and a lot of drugs found in and around restaurant. Management was not friendly at all
working with other people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brampton ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: free food at burger kin
Cons: staying back to help net shift manager
I am looking for an opportunity to grow up within an organization where i can use my skills and knowledge to finish certain tasks. i would like to work with multicultural community. I am an easy going person. i like to communicate with people, team player.
Productive and fun work place
drive thur,cook,prep work,cashier (Former Employee), deer lake nlJune 16, 2015
Productive and fun, hard work some days when busy other the that it was pretty easy going , met great people there had fun with most the co-workers
Fun workplace with entertaining staff
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would assembly food for customers, make food, and clean and wash kitchen supplies. It was short staff but everyone I worked with got along well and made sure to help each other when needed.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONJune 15, 2015
Working at Burger King has been great for my first job. I have gained excellent customer service skills along with other traits. I love my boss and all of the managers. If I have any problem, I feel safe knowing that I can confide in them. I have also met a number of amazing people at my job.
Summer Job
Cashier, packer, drive thru (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONJune 15, 2015
I worked at Burger King as cashier, later I was doing cash,packing and drive thru. I learned how to work fast, and efficient.
My co-workers were nice. i enjoyed working there. Just not my forever kind of job.
Fast paced flexible work environment
Part time Cashier, Preparing Food (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 7, 2015
Great part-time job for students offering training and customer service skills regularly. All employees operate as part of a team supporting one another in any way possible.
At times communication is poor
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Etobicoke, OntJune 5, 2015
Pros: free, meals
Cons: long hours
Has allowed me to learn and progress from team member to store manager. Have learnt how to deal with guests and team members of all ethnic background.
Good workplace
Customer service, drive thru, meal preparation (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 4, 2015
Making meals, cleaning. Great people to work with. Management is good. Working without cool air is hard. Seeing smiles on the customers faces.
8 years work experience in customer service
Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 2, 2015
8 years work experience in customer service, over all was ok. owner should work on management more and salary and benefits
Great job
Cook (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMay 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Feels long
Good job, great people to work with. Never boring, everyone is full of energy. Fun company to work for. The hardest part of the job is following the past, easy to catch up over time.
dirty job
crew member (Former Employee), pembroke,onMay 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours and late nights
working there wasn't a terrible time but it was dirty with grease. some of the co-workers were great to work with. long hours and late nights
Multi tasking and customer service
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Preparation of line requirements.
Maintain FIFO.
Provide prompt and excellent food service.
Great co-workers and entitlement to free food
Hardest part of the job is to finish stacking up the inventory before lunch.
Good environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Discount on food, easy work
Cons: Slow seasons
Make orders quick and correctly with quality. Cleaning up after every order was necessary. The management team was spunky and happy as well as the coworkers.
It was like the worst kitchen ever bro
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 13, 2015
Do not work in fast food! Especially during the overnight shift since you'll be dealing with a lot of drunk people and stressing out.
Good minimum wage position, but lacking hours or room for advancement in pay or position.
Line Cook, Cashier, Maintenance, Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Pros: Well structured job, variety of work, management largely good
Cons: Cons: Few hours, little room to advance.
Work consisted of either a back of house assignment (receiving orders from front of house, making the food, keeping kitchen stocked) or a front of house assignment (working the cash register, handling money, interacting with customers and keeping the dining room clean), whichever assignment I worked was decided by the floor manager based on need (typical workers were trained to do one, whereas I was trained to do both and filled in any gaps the manager had).

Management was a bit of a mixed bag, with the good managers being largely hired from floor employees. Managers hired out of house were almost uniformly inadequate for the position at best, and pure poison for the business at worst.
A Day in Burger King
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers
Cons: Long hours
A day at Burger King would consist of handling food to the customers, ensuring that they're happy and stacking/opening boxes. I have learned that the customer is always right. Making sure that the customer is content with your service is a number one priority. Working with my co-workers would sometimes be a challenge, a challenge I can over-come of course. Working as a team is something I believe I can improve on. The hardest part of my job is saving my energy for the entire work period because the job can be quite tiring. The most enjoyable thing about my job is learning something new everyday!
A good starting job
Cashier and Drive Thru (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 2, 2015
This business at the time was run with a pressure on saving, usually by cutting shifts and staff. At times it was very stressful but we always managed to deal with the issues the best we could and learn how to build structure where the flaws were.
Unprofessional, fun envrioment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Pros: Fun, frequent raises
Cons: unprofessional
Burger King had a friendly, fun envrionment. However the magement was not strict, and things were delted with very unprofessional. For being a first job it was was good, however not a first job you really learn how a compant should not be.
Fast paced environment that requires time management
Cashier, Drive Thru (Former Employee), winnipeg manitoba 3659 portageApril 23, 2015
The hardest part about about working a drive thru in fast food is meeting demand during rush hours, being understaffed to meet that demand does not help.
A typical day for me was taking multiple orders about 3-5 at once, then taking their payment and bagging the orders for them, so roughly 3 jobs at once when its busy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more