Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

Pleasant environment with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier, Dixie Mall Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
The store I worked in was a very pleasant place with friendly co-workers and managers. The food was very good and the managers were always helpful whenever you needed help.
I had to leave because I was moving into different city but otherwise I would have stayed. There is also lots of chance for advancement too. Several of my co-workers and I were offered a chance to apply for a supervisory position within 6 months.
Pros
Delicious foods for 50% discount and job advancement
Cons
not good for diet and long hours
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 27, 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts
Fun to work with different people, every day as exciting day , managing shifts cos and team members.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 10, 2016
one day i was working and i had customer in very bad mood. He just started screaming at me without ordering anything. I try to call to him but he was keep screaming . Then i offer him water and drink . After drinking water, he got calm down and told me he wasn't mad at me . He had personal reasons. He had only $5 for food .He was upset because he was thinking he can't buy food in $5. Then i show him in menu what can he buy. He was very happy with service and at the end , he thank to me. I was happy i was able to make him happy and help him what he was looking for.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometime overnight work
Not a place to stay forever
Manager/ Maintenance/ Drive-Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was working l/n handling drive-thru duties, making orders, cleaning the restaurant, taking apart the broiler for cleaning, changing the oil in the fryers and scrubbing them clean, cleaning all the stations including Fry station, do the nightly cash outs, paper work, time sheets, etc. the management was fun to be around, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was you and one person vs getting everything done, the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor wage
fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
It requires a lots of skills to work here in Burger king like customer service,multi tasking,easily adapting,problem solving,diplomatic and time management.
Every day is different. I have to adapt to daily situation. My daily performance is based 60 percent on my team; where i have to work with a team of 5 to 10 different crew members.Their mood might not be the same every day. It is very necessary to read their mind at the beginning of their shift.
I find it easy to handle the customers.Even if in busy hours, effective communication can easily satisfy the customer needs
The more important thing that i am more focused in is to make sure that my customer leaves the door happily.
I dont mind in sacrificing my ego to keep a valuable customer
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Pros
Benefits & flexible hours
Cons
Early mornings & Late nights
Good place to work for starting out
Kitchen staff, truck, and stock (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Awesome place to gain people skills and basic kitchen skills along with responsibility. At this particular location however, management was at times unfair giving a 30 minute break for a 10 hour shift, and after working there 4 months, I got fired for calling in to ONE shift after my brother was hospitalized.
Pros
Skills you learn
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2016
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Pros
free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons
no raises
Good part time job
Shift Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2016
Typically, I would come to work and I would check what needed to be done and I'd make my list of what needs to be done and which staff member was going to assigned to said job. I would keep up with daily duties such as dishes, garbage, cash management, sweeping etc. Also making sure customers are happy, and keeping up with customer service.
Productive and Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  King City, ONFebruary 5, 2016
I usually do cashier as soon as i start my shift. after break my supervisor will recruit me to the back where the items are refrigerated and kept frozen and from there i have date and organize all food items correspondingly.
my co workers are now my closest friends and have been very supportive ever since i have started the job.
the hardest part of my job is organizing the products during delivery days, where all food products will be delivered.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers
Pros
free lunch, long hours
Cons
too much cleaning
This place was awful
Kitchen worker, Stock, Prep and Outdoor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, ONMarch 4, 2016
I hated working at Burger King. Due to its place (OnRoute) it was a hard place to travel to (which their guidelines only made it harder). They did not meet health and safety standards. They consistently change the schedule without any notice and with less than 24 hours before a shift. This was a brutal place to work and I would not recommend it.
Productive and enjoyable place to work- Burger king
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
a typical day at work be the usual, working at the back making the orders, i have learnt to make the items on the burger king menu. Such as the Whopper, Big king, Double Stacker, Chicken Nuggets, etc. My co-workers at this work place were very supporting when I first started off and were very helpful till the very end. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I first started off, since it was a fast-food franchise, the work done needed to be fast-paced/
The most enjoyable part of this work was that when I worked at the front as a cashier, i got to meet new people, serve them, and get most new experience out of it.
Pros
Discounts on food purchases
Cons
Long hours, fast paced environment
Great hours i put in on this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Well at first I didn't mind the job putting in crazy hours filling in for others who wouldn't make it to work, Learning how to use a touch screen till, knowing how to meet and greet customers, Also knowing how to make burgers, fries, and other food they serve. Some workers were shy but as soon as we got to know one another we were okay working together. the hardest part was trying to get my full hours I worked and not getting them.
Pros
free pop
Cons
not giving all my hours i've worked
Poorly managed and trained
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 8, 2016
- poorly trained and managed were the biggest setbacks to working at Burger King
- workers did not know what they were doing
- some workers got special treatment
- overall got along with my co-workers, but some members of management were not approachable
Pros
discount meals
Cons
long hours, poor training
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons
slow days some days