Burger King Employee Reviews

Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
Enjoyable workplace, working 15 years at this chain
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Our store is the busiest store in Scarborough. There is a great team here and our food service is gold standard. I have been training new employees from the YMCA recently. I have improved my teamwork and customer service skills. I do not find anything very hard/difficult at his job, I love working here. My favourite, most enjoyable part of the job is making sandwiches and preparing orders for our customers.
Pros
50% discount for employees
It was difficult to work here, they dont give you enough training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB24 November 2016
They dont give you enough hours that they guarentee you, not only that they expect you to be as certain level in your training but dont take the time to train you. while working here i was designated to do dishes and thats it. Some co workers were very pleasant to work with but others not so much, they had favorites and cliques.
fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
productive and got to work fun people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 October 2016
learned a lot at burger king, my first job and learned cashiering and kitchen work with great co-workers and managers!

burger king did involve some hardships like knowing the cashier tills but once i got to work as a cashier more i got use to it and became faster and gained a lot of confidence in talking with customers and made me more social!
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
Good job for students
food handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2016
Good job if your a full time student. Flexible hours and good crew. The operaturnities are there if you're eager. I learned everything I could learn about Burger King and I did my responsibilities and that's why I was given operatunities to move up.
Pros
potential to move up in the company.
Cons
you may be asked to work more or less then your scheduled shift.
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Horrifying experience, would not suggest to anyone
Food Runner/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
Personally the job was just not for me, I did my best to stick it out thinking maybe the job would grow on me but unfortunately it did not, The staff were sometime-ish, they had their days that they were nice and respectful but majority of the time they were rude. Would not suggest working there.
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 September 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
in-experienced management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, although they were not very good at managing the store. Constantly running out of ingredients, Didnt have schedules done properly. And important documents were not handed out on time.. It was very unpredictable day to day.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
unpredictabe.
Work Experience is good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
A day at Experience Works is productive and positive. Though hours are limited, the overall work load fits just right.The most enjoyable part is the interaction with others,and relationships built.
Pros
Your employer usually compensates you for incidental expenses.
Cons
You must be entirely self-motivated.
Interesting night shift for work
Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 September 2016
It was steady work daily and enjoyable. Time was fair when working, tasks were manageable. Fast paced environment was something that i enjoyed during my time there and a hard working team was a good thing as well.
Pros
meals were half off
Cons
Cleaning after store closed took too long.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier and kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Denman street .vancouver30 November 2016
I have learned so much about customer service. The owner is owning 14 franchisees and they ask employees sometimes to work on different location.I liked working with my co workers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
have to handle dissatisfied customers
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
working in fast friendly environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 September 2016
I enjoy working in customer service you meet a diversity of people on a daily basis, I also like to work in a fast pace environment and meeting timely deadlines.
Pros
working with different people from different cultures
Cons
no benifits for employees

2.8