Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Environment to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long Hours
- Opportunity to gain communication skills.
- Work with cash and to execute transactions.
- Work under deadlines.
- Work under fast paced environment.
Fun and interesting place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Deep River, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: Good staff
Cons: Pay
I enjoyed my time with the Burgerking crew, but college was something I had to complete.I was a supervisors so the job consisted of a lot of different things daily.
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
Pros: Benefits & flexible hours
Cons: Early mornings & Late nights
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Fun to work and cool staff
Team Member (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: 50% off on employee meal
Cons: nothing I would say
The most enjoyable part of this job is the "Whopper Wednesday" where everybody is busy and working environment is superb.
good day
Cashier (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: Reliable hours
I ran the front register line cook and cleaned the lobby for them everybody was friendly and had a good spirit when they came into work everyday
Good part time job
Shift Coordinator (supervisor) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2016
Typically, I would come to work and I would check what needed to be done and I'd make my list of what needs to be done and which staff member was going to assigned to said job. I would keep up with daily duties such as dishes, garbage, cash management, sweeping etc. Also making sure customers are happy, and keeping up with customer service.
A great place to work
cook (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough hours
A Typical day at work is fast paced and hard work and ive learned to move fast and gained many skills.
my co-workers are nice people
the hardest part of the job is the people who are rude about a order.
Fast pace environment and multi tasking
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Item discounts
Cons: Shift extensions
Everyday is busy for Burger King which secures your hours of work. Being able to multi task in a fast paced environment is difficult and also rewarding because there is always something to learn.
Cool place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: Good times in every shift
Cons: very busy
a very fun place to work if your really into customer service and food and beverage line.
Managers alwyas there to help out
i loved my job
Cashier (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKApril 12, 2016
Pros: 5 min break
Cons: 8 hours
i loved my job and my friends and didnt mind the coworkers they were my friends but quite and moved here in Edmonton i liked being cashier and like helping cost mores and didnt mind the hours i made
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
Pros: Management experience
Cons: Late night shifts
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Poorly managed and trained
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: discount meals
Cons: long hours, poor training
- poorly trained and managed were the biggest setbacks to working at Burger King
- workers did not know what they were doing
- some workers got special treatment
- overall got along with my co-workers, but some members of management were not approachable
Good place to work for starting out
Kitchen staff, truck, and stock (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Skills you learn
Cons: Management
Awesome place to gain people skills and basic kitchen skills along with responsibility. At this particular location however, management was at times unfair giving a 30 minute break for a 10 hour shift, and after working there 4 months, I got fired for calling in to ONE shift after my brother was hospitalized.
Productive and fun place to work at, and treated everyone like family
Front cash, expeditor, cook, guest representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working in the fast-paced environment with lots of people to interact with. The crew was like a family, and everyone was treated with respect.
productive, work was fun and easy!
Cook (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 29, 2016
perform during rushes
how to work under pressure
very nice, helpful leaders.
Fun and easy to joke around with while getting the job done.
Nothing was too hard about the job.
After the rush was done.
pretty good
Crew member (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: long hours
cant complain
how to make a whopper with my eyes closed
pretty good
awesome
not really any hard part too the job
going home.
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons: Poor management.
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Family Owned
Crew (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 22, 2016
Pros: close to home at the time
Cons: the hours and schedule didn't seem to include me much
I showed up and did the work. it was ok. nothing bad ever happened while i was there.. things were a bit complicated, but i worked fast and hard and followed the steps and practicals.
A short Term Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMarch 22, 2016
It did not fit all the things that I wanted in a job therefore I did not stay too long. It was very fast paced which was fine for me however I found better employment somewhere else.
Hard-working job!
Crew member (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Discounts on Meals
Cons: Inconvenient Hours
You're on your feet your whole shift (besides your break). Things can get uncomfortable because of the heat and the consistent burning oil. Management wasn't the best, but they were somewhat reasonable when I had certain needs (for ex. hours). Co-workers were friendly. I learned how to problem solve, become a leader, work with a team, be organized, and communicate in a professional way with customers. I would also have to maintain the cleanliness of the diner, the backroom, the kitchen, the kids play area, etc. I would have to take out the garbage when they were on the verge of being full. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy (especially on Whopper Wednesday). You never seem to get a break on that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring certain skills I've never had before, along with getting some job experience. Overall it was a fun experience, but I would personally not go into Food Services again.
Headquarters