Burger King

Burger King Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good starting job
Cashier and Drive Thru (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 2, 2015
This business at the time was run with a pressure on saving, usually by cutting shifts and staff. At times it was very stressful but we always managed to deal with the issues the best we could and learn how to build structure where the flaws were.
Unprofessional, fun envrioment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Pros: Fun, frequent raises
Cons: unprofessional
Burger King had a friendly, fun envrionment. However the magement was not strict, and things were delted with very unprofessional. For being a first job it was was good, however not a first job you really learn how a compant should not be.
Fast paced environment that requires time management
Cashier, Drive Thru (Former Employee), winnipeg manitoba 3659 portageApril 23, 2015
The hardest part about about working a drive thru in fast food is meeting demand during rush hours, being understaffed to meet that demand does not help.
A typical day for me was taking multiple orders about 3-5 at once, then taking their payment and bagging the orders for them, so roughly 3 jobs at once when its busy.
Excellent Employer
Shift Manager (Former Employee), 6630 Finch Ave Etobicoke OnApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great managers/employee relations
Cons: Pay just at par
Absolutely loved working for this company. You are well trained and know exactly what is expected of you before you step into a uniform as a crew member or manager. The manager or assistant is always there on the floor working with you side by side and is more than willing to do their share of the work. The pay is not fantastic but is at par. The only reason I am not still with them is that I moved to another city and there wasn't a transfer available.
past service
Kitchen staff (Current Employee), Mountain RoadApril 18, 2015
Pros: break free coffee atleast
Cons: long hours
Making fresh Whoppers and Sandwich doing the the pref washing the dirty dishes and clear out the carton and garbage. i learn from the job to keep calm and be patient team work is very important try to communication from co-worker the hardest part from the job went you do all in the same time need to think what First second and next. the feel the most enjoyed part the job when my job done without complain.
Great atmosphere and wonderful staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Penticton, BCApril 13, 2015
I worked at two different locations and I am very grateful for the friends that I made and the memories I will take with me for the rest of my life. Staff was always very positive and helpful and I have a lot of respect for both women who were General Mangers at both locations. I worked for Burger King a combined 6 years and I do not regret a single moment of it!!!
Fair place to work at
cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: fast-paced environment
I worked at the Burger King on Queen Street located at the 410. I was there for about 7 months. The pay was minimum wage, with rasies (of about $0.10 every six months if you have been doing good work.) I must say that the management lacked friendliness at times, though they were always fair. The hours were a bit crazy, as it is a fast food place and it is open 24/7. The work was hard, and not an ideal long-term job for me, so I quit, but overall it wasn't a terrible place to work.
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: half priced food on breaks
Cons: dirty grease everywhere.
This job isn't the greatest. It'll work to get you by, but its just dirty and gross. Very easy job. Not much more else i can say about it.
Friendly Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 1, 2015
I learned at Burger King how to handle pressure situation easily, management is very good. Operational management: organizing stock and equipment, ordering supplies and overseeing building maintenance, cleanliness and security.Financial management: planning and working to budgets, maximizing profits and achieving sales targets set by head office, controlling takings in the restaurant, administering payrolls, etc.
Working to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
I had a good experience
cooker (Former Employee), coquitlamMarch 27, 2015
I like the cooking place , I had a good manager and I learned a lot at this position.I learned a how to solve customer problems.
Hostile, oppressive and very rushed.
after hours custodian (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: oppressive environment, some times hazardous, very difficult to communicate, even after hours.
Management and workers were quite hostile, making it very hard to effectively work, though the work is so simple that i could do it well, but in twice the time it should have taken.
Fine for first time job
Cashier/Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMarch 11, 2015
It was a job that is fine for a younger person. I had to do a lot of different thing like cash, cook clean. Not just one job area.
worst job experience ever
Front of House (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 10, 2015
The management are really strict on you and are very rude. They make you do so much work and they dont give you the amount of our you as for.
Busy, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
Working at Burger King as a cashier was a learning experience for me. I learned that working in fast-paced business can be hard, busy work, but also a fun experience. I got to learn new things such as properly handling cash, working a cash register, communicating with customers, and dealing with problems. The management was very kind, which I enjoyed, it made work much more fun. A typical day at work was like every other day. The part I enjoyed the most was successfully doing my job, with no supervision.
Good place to start
Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day at work is busy, lots of cleaning, dealing with customers, the management is great and coworkers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would be learning everything and the best part would be making customers happy.
Poor Management
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: inconsistent management
Helped to train new employees by teaching them how to prepare the various foods as well as educate them about customer service, restaurant policy, and health safety procedures. I learned that training can be a lot of work depending on the experience a new person has. The management at this particular Burger King was poor, the owner often reversed many decisions that other managers had mentioned. Co-workers were the only thing keeping me at this job as the rest of it was not that great.
Good for first job, not a career option
Crew member (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: food discounts
Cons: long awkward hours
- hard, laborious work lacking enough employees to work efficiently
- learned to persevere and deal with a lack of management when needed
- relied on employees to get all work done, including managerial duties
- rarely followed rules set out by head office
- long awkward hours
- fun and working with others of same mindset and age
Horrible Company
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Management had absolutely no idea what was going on. Monkeys could do better. I was constantly understaffed and expected to do three peoples jobs "because I'm a competent worker". Which is completely unfair. Constantly solving problems managers couldn't including feuds with customers (who were always screaming in my calm face). They messed up on pay day more then once as well. I want to give this company 0 stars.
Environment is good. Learn new things . Also helps to improve communication skill
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: less hours
I appreciate Burger king service. Working environment is also good. Staff is helpful. I enjoyed dealing with customers.It is far away from my location.so, difficult to travel a long distance; time consuming.
fun and productive workplace
Crew member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: hours always being cut
The friendships that you make with other team members and customers is what i look forward too, to walk into work and customers great with a smile or tell your manger how great you are and that you are the reason why they come back is something that always makes your day better.

1 2 3 4 5

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more