Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

A great atmosphere to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2016
The co workers were awesome made the day go by fast I have learned a lot in my years of burger king. Management has been great we had some good ones that have come and go. The hardest part of the job is if your short staff and it is busy and if your not fast enough then costumers get mad at you even when it is not your fault. The one good thing about working there is they are flexible on the schedule if you need time off then you can get it.
Pros
free drinks and flexible on schedules
Cons
no raises
Experience and knowledge starter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2016
At Burger King I started as a crew member and was a student graduating high school going into college. At first it was a job to make some extra money until I started working there and as the time went on I grew to enjoy the job. A typical day was an after school shift where I worked either drive thru, cash, or food preparation. Every day was a learning experience because I was just starting off and had to learn and understand the job. The management staff always changing because there were promotions, managers quiting, and being terminated but overrall they were good. My coworkers were amazing got to grow with them and we helped each other all the time. The hardest part about this job was that I was fresh and never had a job until Burger King. The most enjoyable part is the fact that i was able to join a company and grow with it, I was promoted and a supervisor for 5 years.
Pros
Where I built my experience
Cons
Didn't work out
Face paced and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
A typical work day at Burger King, consisted of dealing with customers through the shifts and taking orders, also a lot of cleaning was involved in this job (kitchen, bathrooms, dining rooms, trays).
I learned a lot from this job since it was my first real world job. I learned a lot of people skills and know how to deal with customers in sticky situations. I also learned how to properly use my time management skills.
My experience with the management here was alright, but I would have like to see certain issues around the work place resolved faster. My experience with the co-workers at Burger King was phenomenal, I loved everybody I had a chance to work with here. The hardest part of the job was getting orders to people in a certain amount of time, but we always managed with team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating strong relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Met a lot of good people, learned a lot of new skills that could help me in the future
NOT FLEXIBLE WITH CREWS SCHEDULE, UNORGANIZED, NO BENEFITS, NO RAISE
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBDecember 2, 2015
I WORKED AT BK FOR 2 YEARS AS A SHIFT COORDINATOR. MY 1ST RGM NEVER ASKED ME OR ANY OF MY TEAM ABOUT OUR AVAILABILITY. WE FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO THE MANAGERS "WANTS". WE CANT ASK FOR DAY OFF UNLESS WE EXPLAIN WHY WE NEED IT AND IF ITS REALLY IMPORTANT. SOMETIMES THERE IS ONLY 3 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR, 1 MAIN BOARD, 1 DT, AND 1 FRONT COUNTER. DURING LUNCH RUSH ITS CHAOS! FOR 2 YEARS OF WORKING THEY ONLY GAVE US 1 RAISE. THE RGM TOLD US IF WE DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HANDLE THE RESTAURANT WE CAN LOOK FOR OTHER JOB BECAUSE HE SAID "ITS MY WAY OR HI-WAY" SO MOST OF US LEFT.
Pros
HALF PRICE WHOPPER??
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good place to work for starting out
Kitchen staff, truck, and stock (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Awesome place to gain people skills and basic kitchen skills along with responsibility. At this particular location however, management was at times unfair giving a 30 minute break for a 10 hour shift, and after working there 4 months, I got fired for calling in to ONE shift after my brother was hospitalized.
Pros
Skills you learn
fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
It requires a lots of skills to work here in Burger king like customer service,multi tasking,easily adapting,problem solving,diplomatic and time management.
Every day is different. I have to adapt to daily situation. My daily performance is based 60 percent on my team; where i have to work with a team of 5 to 10 different crew members.Their mood might not be the same every day. It is very necessary to read their mind at the beginning of their shift.
I find it easy to handle the customers.Even if in busy hours, effective communication can easily satisfy the customer needs
The more important thing that i am more focused in is to make sure that my customer leaves the door happily.
I dont mind in sacrificing my ego to keep a valuable customer
Hard-working job!
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 14, 2016
You're on your feet your whole shift (besides your break). Things can get uncomfortable because of the heat and the consistent burning oil. Management wasn't the best, but they were somewhat reasonable when I had certain needs (for ex. hours). Co-workers were friendly. I learned how to problem solve, become a leader, work with a team, be organized, and communicate in a professional way with customers. I would also have to maintain the cleanliness of the diner, the backroom, the kitchen, the kids play area, etc. I would have to take out the garbage when they were on the verge of being full. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy (especially on Whopper Wednesday). You never seem to get a break on that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring certain skills I've never had before, along with getting some job experience. Overall it was a fun experience, but I would personally not go into Food Services again.
Pros
Discounts on Meals
Cons
Inconvenient Hours
Productive and enjoyable place to work- Burger king
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
a typical day at work be the usual, working at the back making the orders, i have learnt to make the items on the burger king menu. Such as the Whopper, Big king, Double Stacker, Chicken Nuggets, etc. My co-workers at this work place were very supporting when I first started off and were very helpful till the very end. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I first started off, since it was a fast-food franchise, the work done needed to be fast-paced/
The most enjoyable part of this work was that when I worked at the front as a cashier, i got to meet new people, serve them, and get most new experience out of it.
Pros
Discounts on food purchases
Cons
Long hours, fast paced environment
Not a place to stay forever
Manager/ Maintenance/ Drive-Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was working l/n handling drive-thru duties, making orders, cleaning the restaurant, taking apart the broiler for cleaning, changing the oil in the fryers and scrubbing them clean, cleaning all the stations including Fry station, do the nightly cash outs, paper work, time sheets, etc. the management was fun to be around, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was you and one person vs getting everything done, the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor wage
Productive / multi tasking
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This was one of the jobs I loved to stay in only because the team I worked with at the time were extremely friendly it was like a family in this company but the only con about working here was that they were always short staff and it was irritating to have to work long stressful hours because it was short staff, extra stress was put on to each team member but over all its a great work place environment to learn customer service skills and to master multitasking starting at the age of 16
Pros
FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
SHORT STAFF, LONG HOURS
Productive and Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  King City, ONFebruary 5, 2016
I usually do cashier as soon as i start my shift. after break my supervisor will recruit me to the back where the items are refrigerated and kept frozen and from there i have date and organize all food items correspondingly.
my co workers are now my closest friends and have been very supportive ever since i have started the job.
the hardest part of my job is organizing the products during delivery days, where all food products will be delivered.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers
Pros
free lunch, long hours
Cons
too much cleaning
The new management was not at all helpful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCMarch 23, 2016
Once the new management took over it all went down hill. I used to like to go to work there. I worked in the kitchen prepping food and flipping burgers. The new management picked on me and didn't explain what they wanted done. I liked my co-workers but they too didn't like the way things got run by the new management.
Pros
Good part time job as I went to school as well.
Cons
Poor management.
amazing environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 13, 2015
if you are just starting out at a job this is perfect, the people are friendly and the management is understanding, great place to work
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Fun Place, Lots of free product for employees as a benefit. Free crew training and great management positions.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 20, 2015
Work the front counter after being very sanitary and cautious of customers allowing them to feel welcome. Sweep the lobby, kitchen, back room, Check bathrooms, clean and remain sanitary. Mop the bathrooms, remove garbages, replace garbages, Friendly Co-workers always joking around. Making the job suitable for me as i was graduating High School.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Product after 11, Good management
Cons
Long Hours, Complaints from staff and Customers
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical work day consisted of dealing with cash and the customers.i learned how to take orders and what people wanted and how they wanted it to be.management was ok to work with and be around.co-workers were fun to work with and easy to talk to.hardest part of the job was working the right hours.the most enjoyable part was getting a discount for working there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours worked
Great workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have worked with many people and had no problems with co-workers and management.
We had busy days and slow days but in the end it's still a great workplace.
Being Cashier was easy but making burgers wasn't that easy. more training needs there.
I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
got 50% for lunch/diner
Cons
slow days some days
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2015
Before I was transferred it was an okay place to work until I got transferred to the Bramalea Mall location. It was terrible management and no way to rank up. They weren't very diverse in culture either and not understanding at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there unless they were VERY desperate.
Pros
Meeting some cool people.
Cons
Everything.
Cheap Cheap Cheap
Shift co (Former Employee) –  WinnipegOctober 25, 2015
Redberry are CHEAP. No benefits. No raises. Don't pay their bills. Treat managers & staff poorly. Can't pay / won't pay their bills. Don't pay promised bonus.
Pros
NONE! Time for a union
Cons
Cheap. Have no idea how important it is to have happy employees
Good place to work for highschool/college students
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2015
The Burger King I presently work at has a high turn-over rate and the majority are part time highschool students. I've been working at Burger King for a year and half and it's serviced me and my wallet well but i need a change of scenery and need to start finding a job in my specified field. I work hard and take pride in my work even if it is just flipping burgers and taking the person's money, but I feel like sometimes i'm one of the only ones truly working there.
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts