Burger King Employee Reviews

Not as good as i thought
Canadian tire (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 February 2017
i didnt like the older company only because im 18 and i found the people there very boring , they dont look happy working the job they do. id rather work in a envirment with younger people with lots of engry.
Awesome
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 February 2017
It was good, had to be very fast and able to work in a fast paced environment. Very fun getting to know the workers and knowing the place in the kitchen which most suited me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very hot
Was fun and get more experience
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I use to work there for a they actually train me for a week and I'm allow to have my lunch after 5 hours. I do everything example:cashier, the back, and the front
Pros
Free lunch after 5 hours
Cons
Short hours
Difficult work environment
Shift coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2017
I have overcome working at Burger King for six years, working under pressure. I preform the tasks required plus the jobs of my workmates. I ensure that my job is preformed properly and would also be a helping hand to my co-workers who need help.
Work like a family
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
We have party with most employees not hold by the company. We help each other when we have personal problems. The manager teach us anything when we ask for.
First Job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 February 2017
Burger King was my first job and overall a great experience as a first job. I worked with great people, gained alot of customer service experience, and got great training.
work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2017
I learned the value of the positive attitude, focused attention to the job at hands and skilful customer service. Using my proficient leadership skills and attentiveness for customer inquiries and arrange the stocks, I efficiently delegate work to my fellow crew members with hard work. I have been eager, able and reliable person in my life, and I am ready to bring those same qualities to your company.
Hated every minute of the 15 years I worked there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Various17 February 2017
I was a manager for 15 years at BK - both for a franchisee and in corporately owned stores. I hated every minute of it. I would be scheduled 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and then be expected to count the tills after 8:00. The only good thing I can say is that I got all the free food I could eat.
Pros
All the free food I could eat (& I ate alot!)
Cons
Just a lousy place to work
Day at the food place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON12 February 2017
I usually worked on weekends.
I learned how to work in a teamwork environment.
The hardest part of the job was to breathe oil from the frying station.
The most enjoyable was to serve customers.
Overall Awesome
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2017
The people I worked with were friendly to customer and Employee alike, whether new or regulars. The food was always prepared to customer specifications.
productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC4 February 2017
This Job increased my patience level and i have learned more how to deal with customers. Slow Time is the hardest part and busy time is the fun loving part.
Its your first job what can you expect?
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Thankfully the old stereotype of "flipping burgers" have come to an end--they now have a machine that grills them to the right consistency.

At my workplace there were 3 stations of which handled a part of the menu, you would move from station to station depending on what order came up on the screen. The rest was simple assembly.

I learned to be humble, it was an eye-opening experience for a teenager.

Management was questionable(I remembered our supervisor was deported back to the Philippines due to a violation in work permits), the ones that were legal often transferred about so you would get a new management every couple of months.

The workplace culture consisted mostly of teenagers and one or two adults to supervise and manage, maybe one or two seniors that worked casually.

The hardest part of the job is the job itself, the kitchen was hot and wearing latex gloves made your hands sweat--luckily I was never subjected to cleaning the lavatories.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to eat for free(well to an extent, as long as the cost equaled that of a whopper combo--perks vary per location and management)
Pros
earning money as a teenager
Cons
the work was very labor intensive
decent start off job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Worked there for multiple years. Had a great time meeting new people, the people i worked with are still great friends of mine so i am thankful for that
Fun place , great people
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 February 2017
The Burger King which I had worked at was fairly new and overall a small building. There is not many people who work there so it is easy to get to know everyone and make friends. There is not alot of storage area for the restaurant so it is abit cramped but as long as everything is in its place, it works out.
The staff are all friendly and there is enough hours for everyone and then some since it has a small staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Cramped
Easy going work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
The work was menial, but the hours were rather steady, if you like a fast paced environment, with flexible hours, than consider this.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks.
Productive and disicplined with great co workers
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 January 2017
The work was difficult but we all worked as a team and i had no displeasure with management who went out of their way to help us especially during closing.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
heat
Fast-paced, fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 January 2017
It's a fun job, sometimes challenging. Meeting people from all over the world that are coming for vacation is really interesting. Management was always helpful and welcoming.
Good work place with good coworkers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK18 January 2017
Handled hot food
swept and mopped floors/ bathrooms
cleaned windows
Washed Dishes
Occasionally worked the till
filled ice machines
Pros
Half off meals
not a good place to work
cahsier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 January 2017
this place is not a good place to work very rude co workers they do not give proper training poor hygine most enjoyable part of the job was to go home
It was a great place to work as i learned to work in fast paced environment.
COOK (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 January 2017
I leaned to cook as earlier I didn't know about cooking. Moreover, this was my first experience working in the food industry.

2.8