Burger King Employee Reviews

The Worst
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 July 2017
The place gave terrible hours, would threaten people with firing nearly everyday. Would ignore safety complaints from crew member, not to mention fail to comply with food safety standards.
Cons
Hateful place to work.
Amazing Place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 July 2017
I thrive in any environment I am placed in and while it did get quite difficult during some shifts, I overcame these difficulties in a positive manner to ensure a welcoming experience for customers.
Stage
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC20 July 2017
Mon stage au Burger King était très demandant malgré le fait que j'étais en stage j'ai du faire bien des tache alors que les employés ne fessaient rien
Pros
Repas Gratuits
Cons
Trop de travail pour un stagiaire
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 July 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I worked with, we all did a great job regardless of the day we were having, we made it work! The hardest part of the job was when other employees would either call in sick or not show up for their shift.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short staffed
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 July 2017
Typical day at BK for me was always busy and understaffed. I felt like being understaffed pushed me to achieve and challenge obstacles I didn't think I could with minimal team effort from other employees.
Pros
Free Pop
Cons
Underpayed
work
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK17 July 2017
havent worked here in a long time, but the job was good at the time not sure how it is going to this day.its been 4 years since i worked so things may have gotten better or worse all depending on who runs the place now
Not good
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
Dont recommend working here, unless you're looking for long hours, with a minimum pay, and the possibility of outraged customers because the cook prep cannot do his job.
good place to work
Restaurant General Manager and Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 July 2017
good place to work
ownership not hands on and left younger staff in charge till I arrive
promoted to area manager and looked after both Kingston restaurants.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Business ownership got out of the business
Bad management, shift coordinators only care about their own shifts. Always short staffed, does not call people in. No benefits, do not give raises.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 July 2017
-was given no formal training for job
-does not hire despite being short staffed
-company puts out coupons but does not staff for influx of customers
Pros
Some good staff members/supervisors
Cons
gossipy environment, unprofessional management
Challenging Atmosphere with challenging skills
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON12 July 2017
I have been managing BK restaurant from 2 years. i like my job. I love the challenges. Producing desired sales with targets of food cost, scheduling labor and other expenses.
Pros
free meals
fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB12 July 2017
fun workplace environment, guests and coworkers always happy and always having fun together no matter what they will be there to help each other if you need anything
Very boring and unfriendly
Management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 July 2017
company treats employees terribly and has hard time paying them their proper wage on time, business runs on labour percentages so if the day isint busy you get sent home , not a garantee for hours or wage.
Pros
Terrible food
Cons
Terrible customers
Great place to work.
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 July 2017
Great place to work. Management did job when you need them. Many hours when I needed them. Busy enough just like any job. Liked working there. People are welcoming and happy to help you.
Pros
50% on food
Repetitive but enjoyable workplace.
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 July 2017
In a typical day at Burger King I would arrive get ready for work by changing into my uniform and clocking in 5-10 minutes early to ensure adequate shift change time. I would then begin to ensure I had appropriate stock at my work station to make food while also cooking burgers in the broiler, deep frying various products and washing the reusable containers in my down time between orders. On delivery days I would unload the truck into the storage areas which was my favorite part of the job as being in the freezer was great because it was a very hot and humid workplace. Management was rather poor about scheduling but very friendly which seems more of a cause and effect in hindsight. There isn't much to be said about workplace culture, it was a job and that's about it. I learned a lot about sanitation and consumer care and also the difference between good management and bad management as I experienced both throughout my time at Burger King.

I will say most of this is relative to my experience at my specific workplace and anyone else may have a vastly different experience.
Pros
Discounts, good hours/ timetables
Cons
Awful customers (Racist, angry, rude etc...)
Must know how to be friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 July 2017
Being fast paced and friendly is crucial while working in a fast food restaurant. Must always keep your areas clean and sanitized, always be available and on time for work. Always be friendly with a smile on your face and willing to help customers even when they become angry with their orders.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC6 July 2017
food safety is very low grade here. i always tried my best to serve with food safety.job security is not in place .overall i liked the staff there but not the management. Always short with the staff
Never got to really do much
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
I would barely even consider it a job. Scrubbing walls with a dirty rag for 3 hours is barely a job. Training was poor. I'm an XL in shirt size and they gave me an XS. It was embarrassing. Stretchy, but embarrassing.
Wouldn't work there again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 July 2017
Lots of cleaning, rushes, and cash handling. I hated the General Manager there, big reason why I quit. Lots of different cultures; and generally nice co workers.
Pros
Free lunch food
Cons
Bad rushes and management
very good expirence
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Bramalea City Center, Brampton, ON L6T 3R54 July 2017
Bramalea City Center, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5
overall burger king has been a splendid experience with fantastic management making even the toughest of times enjoyable.
the work load is very easy and manageable, flexible schedules, great employees always willing to help, safe environment.
Pros
flexable schedules, paid for lunches
Cons
low pay
Mideocre
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 July 2017
Fast food industry is a little amateur. I'm looking forward to getting a job opportunity with a better pay and more work experience. I feel like I have gained enough 'Customer Satisfaction Service" with working for this company over the years.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8