Burger King Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and enjoyable experience.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 22, 2016
It was a good job for gaining experience and skill. Good hours, 9-5
and fun environment. Excellent training and understanding.
Make sure to have a second job
Cook/Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJune 22, 2016
Although I genuinely enjoyed working at Burger king, head office doesn't seem to understand that people who work hard need to make a living. Those at the top make all kinds of money. Those grunts at the bottom, not so much.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Burger King
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
everyone goes to burger king for whoppers, i worked at burger king a while bank and do not remember too much, it was my first official job and for me making money was only only goal.
it was okay
I currently work as a cashier and a cook (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSJune 17, 2016
this job is good for starters but an annoying job and the people are very unprofessional. Not enough working space which makes work quite inconvienent but I did it for the minimum wage lol
Pros
60% off on break
Short staffed
Cashier/Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2016
Usually short staffed . It was very rare that we had the right amount of staff on duty. The management was ok at times. It is a fun place to work with the right staff and managment .
good workplace great team
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 16, 2016
its a fun fast pace enviroment great team effort and reliable staff great customer service brilliant customers safe workplace flexible hours very enjoyable job
fun environment to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
I learned how to properly balance a safe, do deposits, i trained all new employees, the hardest part of the job would be on a Wednesday when we have the whoppers on sale, we deal with a lot of customers at one time.
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
Fast paced environment with friendly customers and strong customer service
Up front and back staff, opener, closer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work I would be put wherever needed and be able to do the job efficiently and with a positive attitude whether up front, in the kitchen, dishes or cleaning. I learn to stay positive and not let customers who are grumpy or unpleasent not ruin my attitude, as well as be able to learn new skills and help provide customer satisfaction. I enjoyed many of my co-workers as well as the majority of the management team, however, on multiple occasions the management team was unorganized and did not follow some important HR procedures and requirements. The hardest part of the job was probably either being able to balance the tasks at hand and not get stressed in such a fast paced and demanding environment, or being able to handle several customer complaints per shift and correcting them, especially when a customer may not be particularly pleasant or cooperative. I enjoyed many aspects of the job despite this, including the team I work with, interacting with customers, helping customers and being in a fast paced and positive environment.
Pros
25% discount, interchangeable shifts and flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of hours during slow season, sometimes unreasonable management, bad scheduling
Great co workers awful building
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 10, 2016
The building in Sarnia was falling down but the co workers were wonderful and our manager was the sweetest. Head office was a complete joke.
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 9, 2016
Burger king is a great place to work for. The staff are all amazing. You learn and improve on many skills such as customer service.
Prodcutive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed and got along with all the people I worked with. Very easy going environment. I liked going to work. The work was simple and easy to pick up on and my coworkers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Made friends, easy work, discounted food, good hours
Cons
Rude customers, occasional drama
Flexible hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 5, 2016
Fast paced environment, friendly management.
Learned to work both independently and in a team to provide quick and friendly service to customers.
Customer service was at the forefront of my work ethic.
Great advancement opportunity but poor management and few hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 4, 2016
Simple job duties but most managers are irresponsible and unqualified for the job. The amount of training before being left alone is terrible
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poor training
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
productive and fun place with people from all kinds of culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMay 31, 2016
Burger King provides a fun and enjoyable work atmosphere. Managers care about staff's safety. In the busy time, there are a lot of
heavy work to do. It's tiring. But I enjoyed the time working with people from different culture and backgrounds. Great work experience.
productive and worked friendly with team members
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCMay 30, 2016
It was a fun with different people in productivity.Assisting customers to fullfill their demands and ensure their orders.
Pros
increments and free foods
Cons
N/A
Experience, friendly, references, exciting, independence
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2016
Pros: it was a good place to work as an entry level job to gain experience. I worked with a great group of people to start.

Cons: - too many targets to meet
-they call you whenever they need someone last minute
-one person is expected to do everything