7,596 reviews

Burger King Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start
Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day at work is busy, lots of cleaning, dealing with customers, the management is great and coworkers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would be learning everything and the best part would be making customers happy.
Poor Management
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: inconsistent management
Helped to train new employees by teaching them how to prepare the various foods as well as educate them about customer service, restaurant policy, and health safety procedures. I learned that training can be a lot of work depending on the experience a new person has. The management at this particular Burger King was poor, the owner often reversed many decisions that other managers had mentioned. Co-workers were the only thing keeping me at this job as the rest of it was not that great.
Good for first job, not a career option
Crew member (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: food discounts
Cons: long awkward hours
- hard, laborious work lacking enough employees to work efficiently
- learned to persevere and deal with a lack of management when needed
- relied on employees to get all work done, including managerial duties
- rarely followed rules set out by head office
- long awkward hours
- fun and working with others of same mindset and age
Horrible Company
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Management had absolutely no idea what was going on. Monkeys could do better. I was constantly understaffed and expected to do three peoples jobs "because I'm a competent worker". Which is completely unfair. Constantly solving problems managers couldn't including feuds with customers (who were always screaming in my calm face). They messed up on pay day more then once as well. I want to give this company 0 stars.
Environment is good. Learn new things . Also helps to improve communication skill
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: less hours
I appreciate Burger king service. Working environment is also good. Staff is helpful. I enjoyed dealing with customers.It is far away from my location.so, difficult to travel a long distance; time consuming.
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: not long enough hours
Overall Burger King was an interesting place to be. Shift planning was never very well planned and we were always over staffed during the day and under staffed at night. For several months i had worked the day shifts.First day on the job i was left alone to do cash, even tho they only taught me how to operate the cash register for 15 min. Often being on my own causing me to learn a bit faster than most other people. Although i managed to learn most of stuff alone i had great co workers to help me along the way. I eventually left to burger to find new challenges and to gain more experience in a different environment.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto,ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: location of work
When I was working at Burger King a couple of summers ago, it was a far commute from Richmond Hill to Dundas including the fact I would work when I didn't have school. I would prepare the specialty burgers and combos for customers as well as taking on roles as cashier from time to time. The staff and management were friendly and hard working individuals. It was a great job but the commute was dreadful considering I have no vehicle and would have to depend on two modes of public transportation to reach work.
Its a fun place to work with all the team and enjoy what i love to do.
Assistant Manager (Acting RGM) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the health benefit
Cons: long hours.
The hours not always 8 hours/day as a Manager our responsibility is to make sure job gets done and up to Burger King standard. We deal with the diffrent challenges every single day, it makes us more understand about the business itself. It always fun to meet new people all the customer that came to our store we treat them like a family.
Very busy
Expediter (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good work
Cons: decent benefits
Continuous work but great experience overall.
30% off food, the benefit is alright.
Never stop working and sometimes customers are very rude and disgusting.
Fun workplace, though it lacks Organization
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good experience, nice people
Cons: no organization, employees not reliable.
I liked this job and it could have been great, but it lacked Organization. The hours were good and employees/customers were nice. But when it came to teaching things, it was all over the place. They put me in a station and taught me it, and that was all fine, but when they started to get me doing other things, like overnight shift, food prep (salads, macaroni), and doing Drive-thru or Front Cash, they just assumed I already knew it and wouldn't teach me how to do it or what to do unless i kept bugging them about it. It seemed like once they had me doing some work, they forgot about me and stopped treating me like I was new and didn't know what I was doing.
After finally learning all the stations the job got easier, but a lot of the employees weren't very reliable. Anywhere from constantly calling in sick (usually right before a shift) to not even showing up, I was able to pick up more hours because I was one of the few people always willing to cover a persons shift.
My experience at Burger King
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 5, 2015
- been here at Burger King from last four years. - I have gained a lot of customer service experience.
- Also have build Conflict resolution skills.
-Have knowledge of answering and making phone calls to customer regarding any information they need.
- Making decision whatever to Hiring new employees or let go old employees
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Leamington, OntarioDecember 31, 2014
Burger King is a good place to start out as a new job. It always different every day.
Chef (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 24, 2014
Prepped food, Cooked food cleaned and sanitized cooking utensils, cleaned and sanitized oven
Productive workplace
Crew (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2014
very nice place very nice coworkers and management
I have learned how to deal with different customers with a wide variety of fast foods
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the hosts and guests and being able to plan menus and then of course demonstrating the products.
Fast paced, good place to interact with people
Restaurant manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray,AlbertaDecember 16, 2014
Fast paced workplace,
Less opportunities to advancement,
Less skills required,
enjoyable part of the job is to meet different types of customers,
hardest part is less committed employees
Great Learning Expierence
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2014
Pros: half priced meals
Cons: working stat holidays
Prep and Cook food for customers
learnt to work in a fast pace/ hot enviorment and strive for success by creating short term goals.
Great Co-workers
Hardest part of the job would be to helping find seating for disabled individuals.
Most enjoyable part of the job; a paycheck.
nice place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 12, 2014
fun place.nice coworkers.enjoyable because u meet different people
worst place to work
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
made me do all the dirty jobs cause i was young new and didnt know much about the work force, i applied as a cashier and they made me do everything except what i applied for.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I met some amazing people there from co-workers to our regulars in the morning.
fast paced and friendly work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short shifts
Well maintained and fast paced environment
Friendly co-workers.
Very few problems with customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Burger King

The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,000 restaurants in all 50 states and in more than 60 countries and territories – Read more