Burger King Employee Reviews

fast paced environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
a fast paced environment with nice co-worker, worked all around from cashier to cleaning, I've leaned that working is not easy and and managing time from school to work is difficult but with hard work and persistent working can be fun. My co-workers are good at working together they were able to teach me how to work neatly in a fast pace for only a short period of time. the hardest park of work is time because i have a YMCA exchange program at the time i was working . The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent for the first time and learning adulthood
Pros
experience
Cons
workplace
Productive and Friendly workers
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
After working at Burger King i learned to work as a team more effectively. A typical day at work there is made up of me preparing different meals in the kitchen and some days I work as a cashier. My co-workers are very friendly and always help me out if i did not know something. The hardest part of the job is during lunch hours when they are a lot of people. This is the most busiest time of the day. The most enjoyable part is when you meet nice customers who appreciate your work. Sometimes customers would acknowledge quality customer services and say stuff like keep up the good work.
Pros
50% off for employeesó
Cons
Very fast pace environment
Good place to work to gain experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be constantly smiling and greetng the customers. Trying to get everything so quickly but properly. Always on the go. The great part about it was that the management was always approachable. If anyone ever felt too stressed or had personal problems, the management was there to help. Co-workers were fun and respectful. The hardest part of this job was learning to separate yourself from the job. In the sense of not taking any comment or action done by a client personal. Because sometimes there were some pretty rude people. The best part abut the job was the people I worked with. They were very team like and we all worked together to make the day go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working drive thru was cold in the winter
My Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
My experience working at Burger King was fun and easy going. I've learnt that my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. If I needed to cover my shift, I was able to ask a co-worker to work for me. The hardest part of the job was the co-workers always spoke in their other language after having a customer who gave them a hard time. But overall I enjoyed working at Burger King serving the customers, meeting new customers everyday and working with my co-workers as a team to get the job done.
working with friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
I worked a kitchen staff preparing, cooking and making burgers for the customers. When working in a fast phase environment teamwork is very important. You can make things faster when two or more people are working. The hardest part of the job is when we hit by a rush and we don't have enough people or someone didn't showed up. The most enjoyable part is when you were able to serve all the orders in efficient way and you satisfied the customers
Pros
free meal after 5hrs shift
Productive, Fast Pace, Fun and also Stressful
Cashier, Fry Cook, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work is like a circus, there are orders literally secounds after orders, you have to make sandwiches as fast and neat as possible while keeping your area clean and keeping up with the expected level of intensity of the environment.
The management are very strict, but they have to be to keep the place intact.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance, filtering the oil, cleaning hood, filters, broiler, fry station and fryer.
The most enjoyable part of work is the staff.
The job at Burger King inside Square One shopping center was incredibly difficult at first but after a few months I was able to adapt to the intensity of the workplace.
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Maintenance
Horrifying experience, would not suggest to anyone
Food Runner/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Personally the job was just not for me, I did my best to stick it out thinking maybe the job would grow on me but unfortunately it did not, The staff were sometime-ish, they had their days that they were nice and respectful but majority of the time they were rude. Would not suggest working there.
Of Burger King
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 27, 2016
Burger king provided me with sufficient hours of work each week. The managers were very understanding and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was coming out of the comfort zone with some tasks, such as frequently multitasking with kitchen duties and cashier duties. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were almost like a second family. I learned how to put more important priorities first and also how to work along side my co-workers to provide the best service for our costumers.
Pros
sufficient hours
Cons
My personal time management
Enjoyable Experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed learning the ropes and becoming part of a great team. The management team was very fair and professional. The meals our team provided for the guests were of high quality, and the hardest part about this job was leaving to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Good first job, nothing otherwise.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2016
Management was lazy, and very unprofessional as well as unproductive. Most employees were treated poorly, or ignored. I learned a lot from this work environment. Due to the conditions around me I was forced to work at a fast consistent pace by myself, or with very few co-workers while the majority went out back for smoke breaks.
Pros
Half off lunch, Working with peers
Cons
Behavior from staff
Pleasant environment with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier, Dixie Mall Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
The store I worked in was a very pleasant place with friendly co-workers and managers. The food was very good and the managers were always helpful whenever you needed help.
I had to leave because I was moving into different city but otherwise I would have stayed. There is also lots of chance for advancement too. Several of my co-workers and I were offered a chance to apply for a supervisory position within 6 months.
Pros
Delicious foods for 50% discount and job advancement
Cons
not good for diet and long hours
Great Work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 2, 2016
I learned how to use the cash register machine in 3 days and was taking drive thru orders mainly. Also cleaned tables at times when told to do so. Hardest part of the job is when it gets busy. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers when they come to the and have a talk with you.
Pros
Discount on food/Flexible hours
Poor/Unorganized Management
Crew (Current Employee) –  401 Eastbound WoodstockMay 12, 2016
Overall, working at Burger King has been a somewhat decent experience. It seems like every day I am there it just starts to blend together. Doing the same things over and over again. Coming off of being a Golf Professional I decided to return back to school and the this was a decent income while I was in school. We have gone through some management changes lately and it seems to be very unorganized and coming from a past management position it seems very unprofessional and unorganized the route they are taking.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay for Meals
Interesting night shift for work
Cook/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 27, 2016
It was steady work daily and enjoyable. Time was fair when working, tasks were manageable. Fast paced environment was something that i enjoyed during my time there and a hard working team was a good thing as well.
Pros
meals were half off
Cons
Cleaning after store closed took too long.
Constant change in supervisors
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 16, 2016
Loved the coworkers and job culture but disliked the way customers would often treat the employees. During my employment, four supervisors quit their jobs leading to a very unstable working environment. Would have been much more enjoyable with stable management employees could depend on.
Pros
Coworkers and job culture
Cons
Unstable management
energetic and friendly work places
Cashier (workplace) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 25, 2016
hard working person
the most enjoyable part of the job is to help the customer if needed and being friendly to the customer.
the hardest part of the job was to stand up all day and in a rush hour.
friendly, helping, and kind co workers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good people to work with, fast paced environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NSMay 3, 2016
- Good learning experience.
- Good people to work with.
- Was fast paced but it made the day go smoothly

I enjoyed my experience here, everybody was nice and the job kept me busy my entire shift so it did not drag on.

Was always new things to learn and always chances to improve on previous skills.
Pros
Benefits & flexible hours
Cons
Early mornings & Late nights
Fun but hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2016
schedules are not managed well
lacking of crew every afternoon shifts
I enjoy working but it makes me sad that they don't manage our schedules properly and if someone call and sick they don't find someone to replace for the sick crew.
Pros
Friendly Workmates
Cons
Lack of management
An unforgettable experience
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at burger king as a shift coordinator is as you come in is to check the schedule and make sure everyone is there and make sure you position them in their right position. Then you count the safe and using new cashes. Then you take the temperatures of the products in the kitchen. While doing all these tasks you still make sure the customer service provided is excellent. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up and you need to fill up their space. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you provide an excellent job while having fun with the team.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Late night shifts
Prodcutive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed and got along with all the people I worked with. Very easy going environment. I liked going to work. The work was simple and easy to pick up on and my coworkers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Made friends, easy work, discounted food, good hours
Cons
Rude customers, occasional drama

2.8