Burger King Employee Reviews

Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
Management does not care about employees and never encourage them to do a better job. Management is not reasonable. Working conditions are not good. Management does not have proper solution for problems instead employees are asked to fix the problem. Most of the equipment have problems so its hard to work. During peak sale hours staff is always short and its very overwhelming environment. Sick calls are accepted if only replacement is found if employee doesnt show up even after sick call in next weeks schedule employee doesnt get enough hours
Fun place , great people
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 February 2017
The Burger King which I had worked at was fairly new and overall a small building. There is not many people who work there so it is easy to get to know everyone and make friends. There is not alot of storage area for the restaurant so it is abit cramped but as long as everything is in its place, it works out.
The staff are all friendly and there is enough hours for everyone and then some since it has a small staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Cramped
work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2017
I learned the value of the positive attitude, focused attention to the job at hands and skilful customer service. Using my proficient leadership skills and attentiveness for customer inquiries and arrange the stocks, I efficiently delegate work to my fellow crew members with hard work. I have been eager, able and reliable person in my life, and I am ready to bring those same qualities to your company.
It's okay
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2017
Working at Burger King was a good first time experience with working. Burger King provided me with a glimpse of reality of fast food. I learned how to work fast and in a busy environment. However, there are times when I am given tasks that are out of my responsibility or I have no qualifications to perform, like nightly maintenance. And the management team is disorganized.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Busy, lack of cohesiveness
A fine workplace with great people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
The typical day at work was pretty busy for the most part but sustainable.

Learned how to assemble burgers
How to stock the freezer
How to clean the workplace and equipment

Management was professional on handling situations

Co-workers are professional and good people

Hardest part of the job was working on Whopper Wednesdays due to the high demand of the burger.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the co-workers and also the discounts on food.
Pros
Discount on food. Professional co-workers.
Cons
Whopper Wednesdays.
easy work but terrible work enviroment
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 March 2017
My first manager was awesome, but after he left the workplace was really terrible. Everyone at the workplace was unfriendly and formed clicks and i was isolated in a way. They all spoke a language that i did not and refused to speak English at the workplace so i was left in the dark on most matters. Workplace hygiene was also terrible.
Pros
free fries
Cons
a lot of cons
Flexible Environment, Great Team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2016
A typical day working at Burger King includes working the cash register, drive thru, helping put together meals, and maintaining the stores appearance and utilities. I learned a great deal of customer service and built great relationships with my coworkers. There isn't really a hard part of the job as management and coworkers are always there to help you. The greatest part of the job was being able to have flexible hours and also having a great team to work with.
Pros
Great team, flexible hours, employee discounts
Productive and friendly work environment with lots of cultures
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 January 2017
A typical day on-the-job at my previous location was very moderate; there are "regulars" (customers who visit often) who come by and learn your name, making the service experience all the more enjoyable. And also the other employees were quite interesting as there were many different cultures of ethnicity throughout the staff.
There were some challenges, such as adjusting to a new task, meeting new coworkers, but they all helped to improve my own skills such as communication, guest service, sales, and transaction methods.
Overall, the most enjoyable part of the day was establishing that it had been a productive day and that you served the customers to the best of your ability, making their day that much more pleasant.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Closing at 2am
Hated every minute of the 15 years I worked there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Various17 February 2017
I was a manager for 15 years at BK - both for a franchisee and in corporately owned stores. I hated every minute of it. I would be scheduled 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and then be expected to count the tills after 8:00. The only good thing I can say is that I got all the free food I could eat.
Pros
All the free food I could eat (& I ate alot!)
Cons
Just a lousy place to work
not a good work invoirment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB2 March 2017
working here I got hours cut and dumb hours, they were not understanding, when my brother passed away I was not able to take any time off to recover. when I was sick at work I was not aloud to leave even when they had someone to cover for me. I would not recommend working here. they don't have a good work environment, there is a lot of attitude.
Hard to put up with
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
A typical day at work will consist of doing whatever the managers ask of you, which is expected in any form of job. However, you're tasked with various different jobs while the managers are lazy and do nothing while they delegate all these tasks. Furthermore, your personal life and time management mean nothing to them. They tend to put your responsibilities at the bottom of the priorities list despite letting them know ahead of time if your availability changes. They fail to properly train new staff and have them stuck on one position which defeats the purpose of having flexible team members that are able to switch shifts with people. Co-workers are friendly. Best part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
50% discounted meals, occasional free meals
Cons
Everything listed in the review
Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
fun co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2017
not reccomended working here specially in surrey central city mall branch because no benefits only have vacation pay . no increase hour rate for 6 months. after 3 years they increase your hour rate for only .60 cents.
Pros
free foods
Cons
the hour rate is only 10.25 and after 3 yrs working here they increase only .60 cents
fun working place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC28 December 2016
I have been working with Burger king from last 4years. It was my most fabulous experience in this job. The staff was friendy , coperative and understanding . As i have worked there for 4 years. I personally feel it was my second home . I learned lots of things working in Burger king. I m thankful that i was a part of burger king.
Pros
positivity
Cons
nothing
Great food
Various jobs (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2017
A great place to eat and enjoy a quick meal with your family or friends. I enjoyed cleaning the common area and doing prep. This job has taught me that you have to be really fast to work in a fast food restaurant. Each will have their own opinion about Burger King. I enjoyed it and I learned a lot of useful tactics. Whoppers are the best.
Fast Paced Fun to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON4 March 2017
I worked at Onroute location very fast and busy location , my typical day when 6 buses stopped full of passengers and the day I was short handed on staff, My management always come and help out,caring and friendly management,learned to interact with people of different cultures and age group,
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
It was difficult to work here, they dont give you enough training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB24 November 2016
They dont give you enough hours that they guarentee you, not only that they expect you to be as certain level in your training but dont take the time to train you. while working here i was designated to do dishes and thats it. Some co workers were very pleasant to work with but others not so much, they had favorites and cliques.
overall good learning experience for the young
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2017
they treated me fairly and promoted me from within the lower ranks. gave me a job immediately when i was out of work and just starting from the beginning. as a young person at the time they enabled me to live and learn and be a positive influence on the community.
They do not know how to run a business. The managment is terriable and it goes through staff like no tomorrow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2017
It sucks....I lovedmy job but didn't like who was running it at the time so I quit. I would go back there in a minute. But the management sucks. I miss my fellow employees but again they have to do something with the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8