Burger King Employee Reviews

Fast pace enviroment
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Management1 December 2016
The franchise works under a well trained management. Flexible schedules and rotating shifts are given to each employee on a bi weekly basis. Team work is excellent and workers coordination ranks it at the best of all.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier and kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Denman street .vancouver30 November 2016
I have learned so much about customer service. The owner is owning 14 franchisees and they ask employees sometimes to work on different location.I liked working with my co workers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
have to handle dissatisfied customers
fun workplace experience
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2016
Burger king was fun to work out, the customers and co workers were so fun to be around as well as serve to . Always had great hours and good paychecks.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Managment
It was difficult to work here, they dont give you enough training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB24 November 2016
They dont give you enough hours that they guarentee you, not only that they expect you to be as certain level in your training but dont take the time to train you. while working here i was designated to do dishes and thats it. Some co workers were very pleasant to work with but others not so much, they had favorites and cliques.
Not pleasant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 November 2016
Management was not well trained, and not very respectful to their employees. I always dreaded going to work and facing management. Overall, worst job I've ever had
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Management, non-flexible hours
was good job just not for me
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 November 2016
It was a good basic job a lot of very nice people to work with. It was very fast past so it never really got boring but fast good places are just not the job for me
Pros
indoors
Cons
smelling food all day
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 November 2016
I have started out as a employee, then up to management with in 4 months. I have had previous experience with them and Mcdonalds in the states. they like the rep that I got and then asked me if I wanted to become an assistant manager.
Poor Management creating mayhem
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 November 2016
Management is supposed to be on top of the job, they weren't. They kept in the back and this created a complete disaster of the front end. No one could handle this by themselves but they never had enough workers on the job. They would constantly cut back shifts and give hours to new workers but still their was never enough employees to handle everything. Constantly, if people were trained for both cash and kitchen, they would be tossed back and forth between them, causing severe confusion to everyone.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Poor management, bouncing from kitchen to cash, constent incoming of new workers creating less hours, senoirity doesnt matter
It was a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2016
Good work environment the managers were very nice and the coworkers I had were also very nice good amount of hours a week and it wasn't very far for me to get there
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Got very busy at certain times
a fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 November 2016
didn't work there long but an enjoyable place to work overall. they have a pleasant staff who is very friendly and everyone is able to work together.I enjoyed working here for as long as i did.
Great Employer
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 November 2016
Loved it , was a professional setting the management team was very willing to teach me and work around my schedule for school. Upgraded my skills and abilities
Prep cook
Cook & Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Ontario4 November 2016
prepared food as directed made any changes that are asked for within reason of course a.cleaned the equipment, washrooms, front room
typical fast foood joint
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 November 2016
It was good experience I learned the ins and outs of fast food always looking for people not picky on choice great first job if u can handle the travel.
Pros
free drinks, discounted meals, great people
Cons
travel
in-experienced management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, although they were not very good at managing the store. Constantly running out of ingredients, Didnt have schedules done properly. And important documents were not handed out on time.. It was very unpredictable day to day.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
unpredictabe.
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS3 November 2016
My day at work is very fast-paced and customer service oriented. My colleagues and supervisors have been great to me and the entire company is excellent as an employer.
Good place to Work , ( downtown )
Supervisor/Cashier/Kitchen (operations) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 November 2016
I worked at burger king for the past 4 years and I was promoted as a supervisor in an year.
I have learn quite a lot of things at burger king. i have learn to do multi tasking at work . i would do cash, kitchen and paper work at the same time.
Management is amazing. We never made any one feel like they were any less then us, we work as a Family and we are all there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job was when there is a rush time and people call in last minute saying that they can't come in.
We as a supervisor used to do triple work . ( cash , kitchen , Paper work )
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we get to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short on people
fun work place
Crew member & Kitchen cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
pretty good work place with friendly coworkers and helpful management and senior leaders.working there was fun and not too much of stress we went through.
Productive fun staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Loved working here but there was no room for advancement and salary was also lacking. Great first job to have. Customers get a bit edgy when food not recieved within 5 mins of ordering.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Small pay for workload
Good work environmebt but cultural differences affects the work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC28 October 2016
Equality with employee
Availabilty of time for emoloyee has to be given equally
Working with the rest of employee was fun
Management should deal with every employees needs.
Working at night on consecutive days were hard, should have given me a chance to work on day shift as well
Easy place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2016
Burger King is an easy and fun place to work at. As long as you're nice to your Co workers and the management, it is guaranteed a great experience for you.
Pros
Dicounts on food

2.8