Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
inspector oF supply chain by PETTROBRAS
Manufacturing inspector (Former Employee), São Paulo, BrazilFebruary 16, 2015
I am a focused person when I'm performing some activity. I like to do my work with primacy and whim. I love what I do and I do it with love. My task I know the importance and how it can affect the work of other colleagues who work with me.

I'm used to work in factories with heavy machinery exposed most of the time the noise and dirt. However, on the other hand, worked in a clean environment with adequate air conditioning to the products to be tested.

Already inspected similar products in type C inspections, while on other occasions, I analyzed a variety of other items, characteristic of an inspection type B.

I am a very positive person, those who come to half-full bottle. Which spares no efforts to help others. Who believes in synergy, where two plus two can give more than four.
valuable knowledge for life
Hardlines Lab Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Learned a lot about the everyday products I buy. The environment is fast paced but is straight forward expectations. Hours did fluctuate based on time of season.
Inspiring and productive
Inspection and QA/QC Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZFebruary 4, 2015
learnt many and implemented
the hardest part of the job is that we have to roam each day and night for inspection.
enjoyable and challenging jobs
Not good with salary
Expert Technical Officer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 4, 2015
The salary slabs are very bad. Hike are very poor.
Some of the high end managers are very uncooperative and do not cooperate.
Excellent Work culture
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, IndiaFebruary 1, 2015
A well known world leader and established brand. Great learning giving you insights of International work procedures. Supportive co workers.
Buyer beware.
Engineer (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: close proximity to other buildings, free parking.
Cons: everything else.
Seems great from the curb. Decent benefits, compensation is on the light side if you are worth your title. They seem to be willing to hand anyone an engineer title which should be your first red flag. Management can be hit or miss. Some are adequate, some are in way over there head and others aren't dazzling. They want so badly to get it together but they fail to see that their problems are self inflicted. Lack of organization, lack of sensibility, lack of true leadership and appropriately placed personnel are the downfall for this company. Management uses a lot of buzz words that really mean nothing and take ideas generated from the few truly intelligent people and use them as their own without any regard for the people they were taken from. This would be a great place to idle, or if you are aggressive enough= take over.
Great people to work with enjoyed my time there
Administration (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: was able to work school hours
Cons: more staff functions
Start at 6am, get KPI's for Management to look at from previous working day
Adjust employees hours add any leave etc
Nothing hard about the job as I had great support from Management staff
Work Atmosphere
Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 9, 2015
It is an excellent company to work and the working atmosphere is very nice. As an inspection coordinator , I have received many levels of training and experience. The company works in Safety, Health and Environment.
Strict and no-nonsense work atmosphere
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee), TehrānJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is strictly about work, no nonsense.
I have adapted a professional approach to the office atmosphere and how to deal with large loads of work with small deadlines.
I have learned how to organize and standardize the workplace in order to streamline incoming/outgoing work.
Hardest part of the job is its monotony.
Most enjoyable part is when I get to go on missions.
Sincere to your job and with people
Deputy Operations Manager, ISM/ISPS Auditor (Current Employee), Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDecember 21, 2014
Always be sincere to your job and speak truth.Co-operate with the management. Consult colleagues when in doubt. Travelling offshore by supply vessel is the most difficult thing to do. The most exciting thing is when you get bonus unexpectedly.
Productive friendly environment
OEG Electrical Engineer Surveyor (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible with breaks & understanding of personal issues.
Cons: shortfalls of disipline engineers
Support & backup from line management & co workers.
Timely proactive service to both clients & agency's.
Up to speed with trends & current legislation.
I have had a lot of advancement & growth
Operations Manager - Power & Utilities (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible working schedule
Cons: management/leadership
I started working here back in June of 2004 as a receptionist. Over the course of 10 years I have moved into permit technician work, document control work, executive administrative assistant work, office manager and now operations manager.

I have been the poster child for growth within this organization. Unfortunately, we have hit a time where there really is no where for me to go from here.

I manage a vehicle fleet program, safety program, contracts, HR items, the document control group, financial close meetings, ISO 9001 certification items, and all administrative tasks needed for our group.
Analytical Chemistry
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 2, 2014
I enjoy working for Bureau Veritas because I enjoy working with chemicals. I find the work interesting and satisfying.

I learned to use UV, IR, TLC, Kahl Fischer Titrator, Frabilitator, HPLC, GC, Disintegrator, MFI, Dissolution instruments & analysis of Aflatoxin test in food.
GSIT (No Growth, Poor Management )
Jr Commercial Expert (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: doesn't matter
Cons: long working hours, ot is very less, employee efficiency is not measured properly, poor management, hr policies are towards management etc
If you are a fresher & thinking to join a organisation for one or two year only for the time being..That this organisation & Gsit dept is awesome.

For If your specialized in Import, Export & Shipping or Logistics. This is not a good place to work.

Management is not bother about your growth. From 2 year after joining m still on Jr. Post, doing all the job of the sr.

There are various department in BV. Do read the HR Policies ..Read the appointment letter carefull.

The Company division outside India is awesome but in India it exactly op- positive. Goodwill doesnt matter all the time. I do not recommend anyone to join GSIT dept.
sampling
anylatical chemist (Former Employee), Ghaziabad, UPNovember 24, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
move the sample in tested aria and run the sample and write the report
Summary
Project Accountant/Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Lisle, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule depending on your manager
Cons: management out of touch with employees, don't think big picture with employees, no career path, no employee development
If you're looking for an entry level job or just a normal job, BV is okay. If you are looking for a career or want develop your career, you should look elsewhere. The center of the BV USA world is in Houston, TX and the other 30+ offices are not as important. It's very unfortunate as the company grows employees are less and less important which has resulted in low morale and higher turnover than in the past. They have begun to outsource some jobs to India.
Gives exposure to learn new things
Auditor (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 13, 2014
Working time is good. Office colleagues are cooperative . Employees gets exposure to learn new things and to creat market for BV service
Lack of management backup
HRBP (Former Employee), Morningside, GPNovember 3, 2014
Learnt alot in a short period of time. Met alot of awesome people. Pushed myself to levels i did not think i would achieve.

Did not have management backup at all times though which made me not exceed to the level i wish i did.
Well organised and professional
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Tumut, NSWNovember 2, 2014
Pros: positive feed back
Cons: lack of direction from principal
Good team work, quickly adjusted to new work crew
Routine typical day at work
Learned many sites are similar
Good management
Professional your co-workers
The hardest part of the job is entering confined space
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the work crew
Overall good company with good benefits package.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Assignment locations varyOctober 25, 2014
For the first time in my life I am doing exactly the kind of work I want to do, and Bureau Veritas has given me this opportunity. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to move into third party Inspection, but things have not turned out as originally advertised. There seems to be plenty of work and the company has a good reputation. I would say BV is best suited to people who want to work in the North Eastern part of the U.S.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bureau Veritas

Verily, Bureau Veritas says unto the business world: If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bureau Veritas provides technical – Read more