Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They were customer oriented.
Environmental Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, California.April 22, 2015
Pros: world wide company
Cons: not enough work in my area of expertise.
The company overall was a good experience, but did not have adequate work to keep me adequately busy. There were very long stretches between opportunities.
Creative Multilingual HSE Expert Instructor
HSE Instructor (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 5, 2015
- going to site by air , conducting training courses over at least 48 hours and getting back home same way.
- I learnt to be patient.
- Managing the need's of the clients.
- Respecting and training coworkers.
- The hardest part is to speak Chinese.
- The most enjoyable is socializing with others.
i start my career there and get alot of knowledge
Plant inspector (Current Employee), south australiaApril 2, 2015
Pros: team work is very nice
Cons: salary is not good
I work in inspection and RBI implementation in gas plant and collect the required data and prepare the inspection plan and procedure
GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE AND EXPOSURE
Administrator (Current Employee), NAIROBI, KENYAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free snacks & tea during the day, provision of transport to clients
Cons: health care provided only to permanent employees
Working at Bureau Veritas is a good working experience.My co-workers are always willing to help and work together as team.
I have learnt alot through training that are organised by the management to ensure productive output by employees.
The only challenge is there's alot of work that has to be done on time and meeting deadline and some delays that maybe caused by the third parties but the company provides all means necessary to help you achieve these which i can assure anyone that they are achievable.
The enjoyable part of my job is interacting with clients, employess and management from different walks of life and the experience I gained in this company, one can not put a price on it.
Fantastic workplace with good staff development plans
INDUSTRY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Nairobi, KenyaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Training and certification of staff
Cons: On-site challenges
My day in Bureau Veritas starts at 8am, going through the emails and addressing those sent to my attention. This only happens when an not on any out-of-office assignment.
I have learned quite a lot, especially development of my client-relations skills, sales and marketing.
The management is good and there is a defined chain of command and reporting. I love my colleagues because of their enthusiasm in their daily work undertakings, readiness to give pieces of advice and guidance as well.
The hardest part of the job is when you meet various challenges along the way while trying to meet very strict project timelines. I enjoy solving problems and making profits to the company.
interesting
Project Inspection Engineer, E & I (Former Employee), Al JoufMarch 24, 2015
i have worked with Bureau veritas for a period of less than one year. I was willing to to work with, but the company could not provide employment visas or extend the visit visas. But I enjoyed the days by learning Saudi Aramco System of working.
Productive and fun working place
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 20, 2015
Pros: team building trips
Cons: long hours
I face my day with a smile every time I go to work. I have learnt a lot of new skills in the construction industry namely Quality, Safety and Progress all in one.

The management is quick to respond to any issues that may arise on sites. The co-workers are very friendly

The hardest part of the job is when you have to work long hours even night shifts and on weekends including sundays

The most enjoyable part is when we go out on team building trips with co-workers
Chemical Engineer
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Rio de JaneiroMarch 6, 2015
MORE THAN TWELVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING AS ENGINEER IN ENGINEERING & CONSULTING COMPANIES.
EXPERIENCE IN CONCEPTUAL, BASIC, FRONT END ENGINEERING DESIGN (FEED) AND DETAILING ENGINEERING PROJECT, PROCESS AND UTILITY FLOW DIAGRAMS, P&IDS, EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUMENT PROCESS DATA SHEETS, CALCULATIONS AND LINE LISTS, PROCESS CONSULTANCY SUPPORT TO COMMISSIONING, PROJECT ENGINEERING / PLANNING, PROCESS ENGINEERING SIMULATIONS, WORKING SIDE BY SIDE WITH ANOTHER DISCIPLINES SUCH AS PLANNING, PIPING, ELECTRICAL, INSTRUMENTATION, STRUCTURAL, MECHANICAL, ETC ON A DAILY BASIS.
good friends around and easy to be with, have some sportsfest for all
E/I Ex QC Inspector (Former Employee), Shell Philippines SubicMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and good hotel accommodations and transportation
Cons: sometimes needed to be working 12 - 14 hrs
Every morning we do some exercises and stretching before doing the TBT tool box talk. After that we coordinate with our counter part to see to it that all the things to be done for the day will be in order and will be safely done. Prepare all the documents and ready for the field inspections. The hardest part of the Job is when the personnel don't bother about the safety and you have to always remind, but later part of the project the safety culture usually will be put in their mind. The most enjoyable is when inter acting with the people around and change experiences and culture.
Safety systems of work.
Marine Superintendent (Former Employee), SingaporeFebruary 18, 2015
We must have the ability to remain motivated in a challenging working environment.Also have a strong eye for detail and be an effective team player.
inspector oF supply chain by PETTROBRAS
Manufacturing inspector (Former Employee), São Paulo, BrazilFebruary 16, 2015
I am a focused person when I'm performing some activity. I like to do my work with primacy and whim. I love what I do and I do it with love. My task I know the importance and how it can affect the work of other colleagues who work with me.

I'm used to work in factories with heavy machinery exposed most of the time the noise and dirt. However, on the other hand, worked in a clean environment with adequate air conditioning to the products to be tested.

Already inspected similar products in type C inspections, while on other occasions, I analyzed a variety of other items, characteristic of an inspection type B.

I am a very positive person, those who come to half-full bottle. Which spares no efforts to help others. Who believes in synergy, where two plus two can give more than four.
valuable knowledge for life
Hardlines Lab Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Learned a lot about the everyday products I buy. The environment is fast paced but is straight forward expectations. Hours did fluctuate based on time of season.
Inspiring and productive
Inspection and QA/QC Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZFebruary 4, 2015
learnt many and implemented
the hardest part of the job is that we have to roam each day and night for inspection.
enjoyable and challenging jobs
Not good with salary
Expert Technical Officer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 4, 2015
The salary slabs are very bad. Hike are very poor.
Some of the high end managers are very uncooperative and do not cooperate.
Excellent Work culture
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, IndiaFebruary 1, 2015
A well known world leader and established brand. Great learning giving you insights of International work procedures. Supportive co workers.
Buyer beware.
Engineer (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: close proximity to other buildings, free parking.
Cons: everything else.
Seems great from the curb. Decent benefits, compensation is on the light side if you are worth your title. They seem to be willing to hand anyone an engineer title which should be your first red flag. Management can be hit or miss. Some are adequate, some are in way over there head and others aren't dazzling. They want so badly to get it together but they fail to see that their problems are self inflicted. Lack of organization, lack of sensibility, lack of true leadership and appropriately placed personnel are the downfall for this company. Management uses a lot of buzz words that really mean nothing and take ideas generated from the few truly intelligent people and use them as their own without any regard for the people they were taken from. This would be a great place to idle, or if you are aggressive enough= take over.
Great people to work with enjoyed my time there
Administration (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: was able to work school hours
Cons: more staff functions
Start at 6am, get KPI's for Management to look at from previous working day
Adjust employees hours add any leave etc
Nothing hard about the job as I had great support from Management staff
Work Atmosphere
Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 9, 2015
It is an excellent company to work and the working atmosphere is very nice. As an inspection coordinator , I have received many levels of training and experience. The company works in Safety, Health and Environment.
Strict and no-nonsense work atmosphere
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee), TehrānJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is strictly about work, no nonsense.
I have adapted a professional approach to the office atmosphere and how to deal with large loads of work with small deadlines.
I have learned how to organize and standardize the workplace in order to streamline incoming/outgoing work.
Hardest part of the job is its monotony.
Most enjoyable part is when I get to go on missions.
Sincere to your job and with people
Deputy Operations Manager, ISM/ISPS Auditor (Current Employee), Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDecember 21, 2014
Always be sincere to your job and speak truth.Co-operate with the management. Consult colleagues when in doubt. Travelling offshore by supply vessel is the most difficult thing to do. The most exciting thing is when you get bonus unexpectedly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bureau Veritas

Verily, Bureau Veritas says unto the business world: If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bureau Veritas provides technical – Read more