Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Good strong Company, Compensation is a bit on the Low side with Normal Benefits
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX9 October 2016
BVCNA is a good, fair company to work for. Co workers are nice, Management is fair and the location good. They lack in ergonomics but put safety first
Pros
Steady Pay, decent health benefits
Cons
Little promotion from within
Could be a good place to work if upper management didn't micromanage the local offices from afar.
Inspector / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX18 May 2016
If you're a hard worker with any amount of intelligence you can succeed here but you won't be compensated financially. Get hired in at as high of salary as you can get because once employed it is next to impossible to get a raise , the company is fond of promoting from within, without compensation. I liked most of my coworkers and the office's are nice.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Overworked and under payed, upper management is horrible and passes fault to local management
Good pay, Loyal company easy to learn.
Assistant Manager/Grader (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR, Houston, TX19 September 2016
The day starts early before the facility is open to get a head start on grading. This helps the facility know what they are expecting grade wise.
Depending on location, you learn how to run commodity samples through a lab setting. Braking down the sample, putting samples through machines to get moisture, proteins and to separate dockage from wheat, corn, ect.
Management for the most part was good. A few managers i have worked for have not been properly train in management skills. Most have just moved up through the company through hard work or loyalty. This can create problems for workers because you get a "boss" and not a "leader". I just think there should be training courses for management.
Co-workers that i have worked with over 9 years have been great. There has only been one worker that has ever been an issue and he didn't last very long.
The hardest part of the job is harvest season. You're going to put in long hours but the pay off is the overtime. Harvest doesn't last very long though. Can be from 2 weeks to 3 months depending on location and state. Houston has about a 3 month harvest, while PNW has 2 weeks to a month.
The most enjoyable part is the down time. As long as your work is done, no one is going to tell you to do anything. Your boss wont have you grab a broom just because its slow. In this down time you can study for school or read a book.
Pros
Pay, benefits, loyalty, easy work.
Cons
Long hours, proper management training.
Great Company
Regional IT Manager (Eastern and souther Africa) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 March 2016
This is a nice global company to work for.
Great management and staff.
Good benefits, Open office policy was very helpful.
I really enjoyed working for them they looked after the staff.
They provided training when needed.
With regular events and a great HR Lady keeping us going all the time.
Pros
Bonus, good staff
Not a Destination Employer
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2016
Management decisions are reactive vs. proactive, and decisions seek to mitigate gap deficiencies through monetary settlement with the clients.

The biggest threats to this organization are high employee turnover, lack of effective communication through policy structure, and low morale created by customer complaints that are pointed towards to front-line supervisors without ownership from the C-suite.
The Company is good.
A.) GIS Sr. Civil Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saudi Arabia23 April 2016
A good environment for the development of the career and self initiative.
You get to work with different people of different skills and levels.
Pros
Provide service vehicles to employees, gives opportinities to every employee to work with lesser supervision and to prove one's self.
Cons
Delayed payment of overtime. Very tight/hard when it comes to matters concerning salary adjustments, package revision and such.
Good Company
Asst. Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Phnom Penh, Cambodia19 June 2016
Bureau Veritas is a good company with good management I have learned various management skills from here. Excellent working culture
You will not have a life outside of work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA14 November 2016
If your single and not attached to anything in your life this is the job for you. Management doesn't care about you and you are under paid. I have lost friends and my marriage is still in a strain from working here for a little over 2 years. There is no team work and when you ask for help when your overwhelmed get used to hearing, no.... you'll just have to figure It out.
One of the worst places I have worked at
Admin (Former Employee) –  BVNA25 February 2016
When I took the job I didn't know much about BVNA had I known I would of never taken the job. Currently working on my way out of BVNA but once gone I will gladly give more details. Management expects you to work more then 8 hours but no overtime. Management also is not open and will stab you in the back any chance they get. They will not promote from within instead hire new people with no experience and put them above you. Pay is below average and benefits are average at best. Lots of turnover as people see once they get their its not a good company. Stay away
Pros
Cons
Poor management with no vision
Only Productivity no fun
Snr. QA/QC Engineer/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Trinidad & Tobago7 June 2016
(1) A Typical day at work is good because of the experiences are different each day.

(2) I learn a lot because of the different duties I perform and the different portfolios I hold depending on the contract we get.(As I am the ONLY person representing all the Oil companies in Trinidad. I act as Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer, QA Manager, Surveillance Engineer, Risk Base Inspector, Certify Verification Agent etc.

(3) Personally my management skills has grown tremendously over the years. However my management in Houston I lack support from them on a daily basis. They can do much better.

(4) Co-workers, I don't really have as I am on my own in Trinidad.

(5) Hardest part of my job is NOT getting enough support from management, and also working for the pass 3 years without a day vacation or a day sick leave because of no one to hold on for me in Trinidad.

(5) Most enjoyable part of my job for me is the challenge and learning new things almost everyday. and off course when I get a weekend off.
Pros
milage
Cons
health care good
t’s great to have the possibility to interact and create connections, to work with multidisciplinary teams from different parts of the world,
Contract Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dubai19 September 2016
I believe that every day you learn something new is a day worth working.We can interact with different cultures since peoples from different parts of the world are working in BV.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
'
Quality Management
Mechanical / Piping Inspector - Yamal LNG Project (Former Employee) –  Batangas Philippines27 May 2016
Working @ 6 days/week, 10 hours/day. Fair learning in inspection. You can meet different nationalities on your team. Salary not so good. Support by management is fair.
Ok place to work
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 7750613 June 2016
You are exposed to various chemicals all day. I was learning how to repair various lab equipment. My original manager was great then he quit. and my new manager tells me I'm not learning fast enough. It's difficult to learn new equipment when the only chance you get to touch them is when they are down for repair. As with most places some co-workers are great other not so much. The most enjoyable part was learning the new equipment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
they are not willing to train you
A good start
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Paris12 September 2016
BV is a good company to start, learn, get trained and...leave for better money.
Management is terrible and often to be found poorly skilled.
It is now fashionable to recruit former militaries who have not fully understood what a life outside the navy is.
Pros
a lot of holidays
Cons
the rest
I am very enjoy working with the Bureau Beritas
Operation Officer (Current Employee) –  Vientiane21 November 2016
Bureau Veritas is a great place to grow my experiences and knowledge, it's the best place of earning my potential.
There are many challenging in Bureau Veritas such as dealing with new varies of differ client in different environment, learning new things and meeting with new people, working with new functionalities new technology
Pros
Excluded meals
Cons
The Company provided great social security, life insurance and bonuses
Inspection of piping fabrication and installation.
Mechanical / Piping Inspector - Yamal LNG Project (Former Employee) –  Batangas Philippines22 August 2016
I'm working 6 days per week, 10 hours per days. A lot of knowledge in inspection. Management is ok. All inspector have their own knowledge to do the inspection.
Pros
No free
Cons
Only 15 minute
Worst Work Culture.
Inspection Engineer -IBR (Former Employee) –  Pune4 November 2016
Not Employee oriented, Salary is very low compared to market , hectic travel involved , no additional compensation for hectic travel. Policies on travel is not clear.
lively place full of energy
lab analyst (Current Employee) –  Centurion, GP25 January 2016
the hardest part is making the that everything you do is accurate because we cannot afford to repeat the samples

the company as a whole is great but i think they can improve on the promotion structures.

the management do not care a lot about the workers who are performing well, they do not recognize that they are working hard and that is something that is needed in order to gain confidence adn to continue performing well
Pros
year end fucntion
Cons
no promotions
Productive and demanding work place
Energy Services Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 March 2016
I worked at Bureau Veritas for a year. Inspectors with experience are in high demand and stay extremely busy. Sometimes overwhelming demands on inspectors. The pay is low for the work required and the management seems to be a bit out of touch with reality.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Poor Management. Low Pay
Perfect
Mechanical, NDT, Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Iran11 July 2016
Management was perfect and everything is in the place. the most important thing is that the company knows how to move forward with the market all around the word.