Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Good people, bad company
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, IL10 February 2017
Mangement focus is on the top and bottom line only. No focus on staff, staff development or company culture. There are some opportunities here. It's a big, global company. But no longer is this a place for a career. Just a job. Turnover rate has been about 25-30% for years. Tells you something.
Pros
Pay is fair. International opportunities
Cons
No regard for employees. Questionable management.
Multi-National Company
Eastern United States Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York State7 February 2017
A diverse company with many business units Bureau Veritas is a dynamic organization that allows a professional both new and well seasoned a plethora of opportunities to flourish in various disciplines.
Run from this so called company
Admin (Former Employee) –  Tx4 February 2017
Managment is a joke. They implement all these so called procedures. What it really is,is a crock of lies. "Procdures" are only for some. They change the rules to suit their needs. Low pay with no raises. They people will stab you in the back and twist the knife. The people who stay are of all the same character out for only themselves. This company has no idea what team work is. RUN DONT LOOK BACK.
Give 2 years and get out
Industrial Hygiene Analyst (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI28 January 2017
If you're good they'll take advantage and pay you poorly. Upper management has no idea how the lab operates but makes changes that make it worse. Good job for recent college graduate to get experience but move on. The people who have been there for 10+ years are full of knowledge but will tell you to get out ASAP. The people are good but the company is bad.
Tough and challenging but rewarding
Aerospace Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Home based but work out of London office22 January 2017
Typical day is answering the needs of Global Local offices who are unsure about things. Laying down scheme requirements for all to follow. Performing technical reviews, internal audits, client audits, managing the team etc.
Productive fun place to work
Train Sampler and Lab (Former Employee) –  Blackwater QLD16 January 2017
I loved working here it was a small place in Black water we all got along often had smoke' o supplied often went out had great end of year party's the work roster was great I loved it Life style roster.
Pros
nice smoke'o
Cons
good hours
Poor Management
Payroll and Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire16 January 2017
Poor management, expected to work additional hours without additional pay. Very much a blame culture. HR department under staffed and non-supportive.
Pros
Nice work environment
3rd party railway wagon inspection
Sr. Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal11 January 2017
the inspection management are very very relevant and organized manners which is the hardest part of mechanical engineering and the most enjoyable part of the jobs.
Learning
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tehrān30 December 2016
Bureau veritas is a world player, you will get in to a new universe of business with over 200 years of experience, the bad thing is, the progress is limited and learning can be much better
Productive and works as multi tasking
Chief Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines22 November 2016
Typical day at work is that you have to coordinate with the bureau of Customs and hardest part of my job is not the paper works but most of the time I need to extend my working time so that I can submit it to our respective customers on time.
Pros
with office clothing and transportation allowance
Cons
short breaks
I am very enjoy working with the Bureau Beritas
Operation Officer (Current Employee) –  Vientiane21 November 2016
Bureau Veritas is a great place to grow my experiences and knowledge, it's the best place of earning my potential.
There are many challenging in Bureau Veritas such as dealing with new varies of differ client in different environment, learning new things and meeting with new people, working with new functionalities new technology
Pros
Excluded meals
Cons
The Company provided great social security, life insurance and bonuses
Work and work only
Pr. Offshore Pipeline Engr (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi20 November 2016
- Must master your work well to deliver
- No ready training available
- If you require training outside the workplace, at your expense
- No closing time in practise.
- Work 6 days a week
Cons
No closing time, must deliver jobs at your expense
You will not have a life outside of work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA14 November 2016
If your single and not attached to anything in your life this is the job for you. Management doesn't care about you and you are under paid. I have lost friends and my marriage is still in a strain from working here for a little over 2 years. There is no team work and when you ask for help when your overwhelmed get used to hearing, no.... you'll just have to figure It out.
Pakistani smell bad..
Technical Manager - QHSE Lead Auditor & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riyadh12 November 2016
I have worked very hard in this country, and at the end of my 7 years of slavery , a twisted Pakistani came & took the credit for himself because he was a good axx licker.
Worst Work Culture.
Inspection Engineer -IBR (Former Employee) –  Pune4 November 2016
Not Employee oriented, Salary is very low compared to market , hectic travel involved , no additional compensation for hectic travel. Policies on travel is not clear.
Not a Destination Employer
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2016
Management decisions are reactive vs. proactive, and decisions seek to mitigate gap deficiencies through monetary settlement with the clients.

The biggest threats to this organization are high employee turnover, lack of effective communication through policy structure, and low morale created by customer complaints that are pointed towards to front-line supervisors without ownership from the C-suite.
Good strong Company, Compensation is a bit on the Low side with Normal Benefits
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX9 October 2016
BVCNA is a good, fair company to work for. Co workers are nice, Management is fair and the location good. They lack in ergonomics but put safety first
Pros
Steady Pay, decent health benefits
Cons
Little promotion from within
t’s great to have the possibility to interact and create connections, to work with multidisciplinary teams from different parts of the world,
Contract Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dubai19 September 2016
I believe that every day you learn something new is a day worth working.We can interact with different cultures since peoples from different parts of the world are working in BV.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
'
Good pay, Loyal company easy to learn.
Assistant Manager/Grader (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR, Houston, TX19 September 2016
The day starts early before the facility is open to get a head start on grading. This helps the facility know what they are expecting grade wise.
Depending on location, you learn how to run commodity samples through a lab setting. Braking down the sample, putting samples through machines to get moisture, proteins and to separate dockage from wheat, corn, ect.
Management for the most part was good. A few managers i have worked for have not been properly train in management skills. Most have just moved up through the company through hard work or loyalty. This can create problems for workers because you get a "boss" and not a "leader". I just think there should be training courses for management.
Co-workers that i have worked with over 9 years have been great. There has only been one worker that has ever been an issue and he didn't last very long.
The hardest part of the job is harvest season. You're going to put in long hours but the pay off is the overtime. Harvest doesn't last very long though. Can be from 2 weeks to 3 months depending on location and state. Houston has about a 3 month harvest, while PNW has 2 weeks to a month.
The most enjoyable part is the down time. As long as your work is done, no one is going to tell you to do anything. Your boss wont have you grab a broom just because its slow. In this down time you can study for school or read a book.
Pros
Pay, benefits, loyalty, easy work.
Cons
Long hours, proper management training.
It gave me the opportunity to explore myself and learn more in record to report. It gave me the platform about how to work in the head office.
General Ledger Analyst (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh13 September 2016
It gave me the opportunity to explore myself and learn more in record to report. It gave me the platform about how to work in the head office of the company and how to handle the team.