Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Atmosphere
Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 9, 2015
It is an excellent company to work and the working atmosphere is very nice. As an inspection coordinator , I have received many levels of training and experience. The company works in Safety, Health and Environment.
Strict and no-nonsense work atmosphere
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee), TehrānJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is strictly about work, no nonsense.
I have adapted a professional approach to the office atmosphere and how to deal with large loads of work with small deadlines.
I have learned how to organize and standardize the workplace in order to streamline incoming/outgoing work.
Hardest part of the job is its monotony.
Most enjoyable part is when I get to go on missions.
Sincere to your job and with people
Deputy Operations Manager, ISM/ISPS Auditor (Current Employee), Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDecember 21, 2014
Always be sincere to your job and speak truth.Co-operate with the management. Consult colleagues when in doubt. Travelling offshore by supply vessel is the most difficult thing to do. The most exciting thing is when you get bonus unexpectedly.
Productive friendly environment
OEG Electrical Engineer Surveyor (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible with breaks & understanding of personal issues.
Cons: shortfalls of disipline engineers
Support & backup from line management & co workers.
Timely proactive service to both clients & agency's.
Up to speed with trends & current legislation.
I have had a lot of advancement & growth
Operations Manager - Power & Utilities (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible working schedule
Cons: management/leadership
I started working here back in June of 2004 as a receptionist. Over the course of 10 years I have moved into permit technician work, document control work, executive administrative assistant work, office manager and now operations manager.

I have been the poster child for growth within this organization. Unfortunately, we have hit a time where there really is no where for me to go from here.

I manage a vehicle fleet program, safety program, contracts, HR items, the document control group, financial close meetings, ISO 9001 certification items, and all administrative tasks needed for our group.
Analytical Chemistry
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 2, 2014
I enjoy working for Bureau Veritas because I enjoy working with chemicals. I find the work interesting and satisfying.

I learned to use UV, IR, TLC, Kahl Fischer Titrator, Frabilitator, HPLC, GC, Disintegrator, MFI, Dissolution instruments & analysis of Aflatoxin test in food.
GSIT (No Growth, Poor Management )
Jr Commercial Expert (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: doesn't matter
Cons: long working hours, ot is very less, employee efficiency is not measured properly, poor management, hr policies are towards management etc
If you are a fresher & thinking to join a organisation for one or two year only for the time being..That this organisation & Gsit dept is awesome.

For If your specialized in Import, Export & Shipping or Logistics. This is not a good place to work.

Management is not bother about your growth. From 2 year after joining m still on Jr. Post, doing all the job of the sr.

There are various department in BV. Do read the HR Policies ..Read the appointment letter carefull.

The Company division outside India is awesome but in India it exactly op- positive. Goodwill doesnt matter all the time. I do not recommend anyone to join GSIT dept.
sampling
anylatical chemist (Former Employee), Ghaziabad, UPNovember 24, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
move the sample in tested aria and run the sample and write the report
Summary
Project Accountant/Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Lisle, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule depending on your manager
Cons: management out of touch with employees, don't think big picture with employees, no career path, no employee development
If you're looking for an entry level job or just a normal job, BV is okay. If you are looking for a career or want develop your career, you should look elsewhere. The center of the BV USA world is in Houston, TX and the other 30+ offices are not as important. It's very unfortunate as the company grows employees are less and less important which has resulted in low morale and higher turnover than in the past. They have begun to outsource some jobs to India.
Gives exposure to learn new things
Auditor (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 13, 2014
Working time is good. Office colleagues are cooperative . Employees gets exposure to learn new things and to creat market for BV service
Lack of management backup
HRBP (Former Employee), Morningside, GPNovember 3, 2014
Learnt alot in a short period of time. Met alot of awesome people. Pushed myself to levels i did not think i would achieve.

Did not have management backup at all times though which made me not exceed to the level i wish i did.
Well organised and professional
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Tumut, NSWNovember 2, 2014
Pros: positive feed back
Cons: lack of direction from principal
Good team work, quickly adjusted to new work crew
Routine typical day at work
Learned many sites are similar
Good management
Professional your co-workers
The hardest part of the job is entering confined space
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the work crew
Overall good company with good benefits package.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Assignment locations varyOctober 25, 2014
For the first time in my life I am doing exactly the kind of work I want to do, and Bureau Veritas has given me this opportunity. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to move into third party Inspection, but things have not turned out as originally advertised. There seems to be plenty of work and the company has a good reputation. I would say BV is best suited to people who want to work in the North Eastern part of the U.S.
All encompassing company. Covers the Owners bases.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: r&r account buildup for billable ot hours..very fair compensation program
Cons: company is extremely large..a bit impersonal after clayton buyout.
No down time, either on the project or writing a report..all good things. One must be flexible, in good physical condition, and tireless. Management was just a bit detached. Co-workers were terrific and very deep in knowledge base. Extended travel and living in distant hotel rooms was probably the toughest part, but would be great for a single person. The breadth and depth/dynamics of every project is the best part, as no two projects were ever the same.
Bureau Veritas, Abu Dhabi
Sr. Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEAugust 8, 2014
• 12 years of work experience in the field of Structural Engineering of various structures in Offshore & Onshore.
• Experience in Conceptual, Design and Detail Engineering.
• Conversant in various types of Pre-Service and In-service analysis for fixed platforms.
• Good knowledge of international standards such as API RP 2A, API RP 2C, API RP 2L, CAP 437, AISC WSD, AISC LRFD and DNV codes.
• Good working knowledge and experience in SACS, USFOS, SESAM GeniE, STAAD Pro, MATHCAD, Micro SAS, Auto CAD, MS Office etc.
Oil & Gas inspection Engineer
QA/QC Inspection Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEJuly 25, 2014
Pros: as per company
Cons: long term
Welding inspection and fabrication activities.
QA QC inspections stages
I had worked in various company.
Oil & Gas field
Final dispatch of the part
Stages of commisioning
marine survey
Senior Marine Surveyor (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: transportation allowance
Cons: health care, family accomodation
marine surveying is a field of fun and travel with high responsibility towards safety of life, environment and wealth.
work overload
Superior temps Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 22, 2014
because they hire so many temps i dont believe the training is good and you wont have the tools to do a good job
Fun place to work always something new
Senior Inspector (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: travel all the time never at home for anything
Travel the Country going from one fabricator to another representing different state DOT's
Good Company to work for.
Engineer Surveyor (Current Employee), Belfast, NIRJuly 12, 2014
Pros: campany car
As a Engineer Surveyor my duties are making sure that all lift equipment is safe to use to the public and following all regulations and keeping up with all paper work and daily reports and defects.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bureau Veritas

Verily, Bureau Veritas says unto the business world: If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bureau Veritas provides technical – Read more