Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to get started
Ergonomic Specialist/HSE Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
I like working for Bureau Veritas. I have found them to be a great company to get started with. They are very helpful when it comes to your own career and want to see you succeed even if it's not with them.
Bureau Veritas is a third party inspection agency
WORLD WIDE PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee), Abu DhabiAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Travel Support, accommodation support, Kids Education Support etc.
Cons: Long time working
I learned to handle the difficult situations like project handling in recession, Struggling for new projects with engineers team.
Hardest part of the job is to face the market situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work freely for the projects
Satisfactory
Static Equipment Inspector (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 9, 2015
Pros: satisfactory
Cons: 10hrs job only
working culture was not satisfactory. Co workers were not helpful. The hardest part of my job I was asked to certify which I was not involved.
Most enjoyable part was accomodation and boarding
Target oriented organisation with tight goals set.
Mechanical Quality Inspector (Former Employee), mpmalanga South AfricaJuly 29, 2015
Pros: snacks provided during the day
Cons: working seven days a week with minimum time off duty
Typical day at work
- attend daily progress and interface meetings
-carry out plant walks assessing progress
-witness intervention points
-follow up on spares and reports from contractors

Learned to interact with various stakeholders in the power generation

The hardest part of the job is following up spares from third party contractors

The most enjoyable part is commissioning the plant and have no reworks.
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), LuandaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free role
Cons: New laboratory, implementation of QMS is time consuming
Work daily to improve the QMS.
Training of unskilled personnel.
Challenging due to diverse cultures.
Management are skilled and knowledgeable.
The laboratory team is quite small to manage.
Professional
Civil Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Witbank, MPJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Overtimes
Cons: long hours
Due to the complexity and size of the project, it is very challenging to work in this company, with new challenges everyday. But it is a good place to get exposure.
reports, reports, reports
Full & Part Time Marketing Assistant, Lab Tech (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: halloween dress up party!
Cons: mundane work
many departments, movement. however this led to a lot of re-training and learning how to do multiple tasks, nothing seemed consistant. there were great people and parties
Marine & Offshore Division
Verification Engineer (Current Employee), Great Yarmouth / AberdeenJune 30, 2015
Pros: Offshore Work
Cons: Onshore Audits, Too much time spent writing reports in the office.
The majority of time is spent carrying out audits of maintenance documentation for Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) with respect to measurable data defined within a set of Performance Standards and Verification Activities, (Onshore Reviews).

This is offset by some time examining and auditing the functionality of the same SCEs during irregular trips to offshore oil and gas installations, (Offshore Examinations)

This post has provided me with a overview of both mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems in use on offshore oil and gas installations and has allowed me to build upon my current skill set and has provided a way into the oil and gas sector.
Large variety of work. Visited many interesting places.
NDT - Non Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee), Moomba, SAJune 20, 2015
I have been involved in a large variety of work related to the Oil & Gas industry. Worked with a variety of great people at many different locations.
Work place was good
Secretary and Receptionist (Former Employee), ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
I was new in Kuwait so I learnt good skills in this company. The Co-workers were very good and supportive.

Team workers were very good.
Productive work place
Key Account Coordinator (Former Employee), DubaiJune 2, 2015
Good management, helpful managers & co workers, excessive amount of work, relaxed work environment, learnt to prioritize work
Top heavy management and treated like numbers
IT Support Officer / LIMS Manager (Former Employee), Thebarton, AdelaideMay 31, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Pressure, management
Quickly went from (old Amdel days) of great place to work, close family like work colleagues, to moving deck chairs and creating management roles where none were required. Then to cut costs throttled the workers demanding more and more.

To be honest the acquisition was poorly handled, and the work force felt the brunt of that in the long term.

I have since heard that not only are they still using Lotus notes in IT but outsourced the helpdesk to India! Which is NOT going well at all.
Very nice work experience with Bureau Veritas
Inspection Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 31, 2015
Managements are very close to employees. Managers direct coordinates with each staff. Very friendly atmosphere and high job security.
Productive and friendly
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 18, 2015
Pros: 5days work
Cons: no increase on my package
Work is good, we only need to report 5days a week. Enviroment in DOT are nice good, people are friendly with mixed nationalities. Management is also good. Sometimes there some challenges that I need to face like calling the consultant and requires them to submit the cost estimate in a timely manner. These sometimes needs to push and I need to exert effort to submit the requirement I need. The most enjoyable one is when there are some celebrations here in the office, even we are outsource staff, they give everyone a gift or items a soveneir from DOT
As any construction company
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Witbank, MPMay 15, 2015
Pros: Making a difference in the lives of the personnel on site by leading by example.
Cons: N/A
Ensure that the toolbox talk for the shift is available.
Ensure that the contractors on site reported the scheduled activities for the shift and the areas of work.
Perform site inspections and walkdowns to ensure that all work areas is safe for the personnel on site.
Without the support of managment the best safety system will never be a succes.
Managing employees from different countries and language barriers is challanging.
Reporting on duty and to knowm that every day i will make a difference in at least ten peoples lives and change their views about the safety culture on site.
Good prospects
On going- QC inspector (Former Employee), Uk, EuropeApril 23, 2015
A good variety of work and locations, new challenges each and new

learning opportunity's. Helpful coordinators who assist with any problem that arise.
They were customer oriented.
Environmental Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, California.April 22, 2015
Pros: world wide company
Cons: not enough work in my area of expertise.
The company overall was a good experience, but did not have adequate work to keep me adequately busy. There were very long stretches between opportunities.
Creative Multilingual HSE Expert Instructor
HSE Instructor (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 5, 2015
- going to site by air , conducting training courses over at least 48 hours and getting back home same way.
- I learnt to be patient.
- Managing the need's of the clients.
- Respecting and training coworkers.
- The hardest part is to speak Chinese.
- The most enjoyable is socializing with others.
i start my career there and get alot of knowledge
Plant inspector (Current Employee), south australiaApril 2, 2015
Pros: team work is very nice
Cons: salary is not good
I work in inspection and RBI implementation in gas plant and collect the required data and prepare the inspection plan and procedure
GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE AND EXPOSURE
Administrator (Current Employee), NAIROBI, KENYAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free snacks & tea during the day, provision of transport to clients
Cons: health care provided only to permanent employees
Working at Bureau Veritas is a good working experience.My co-workers are always willing to help and work together as team.
I have learnt alot through training that are organised by the management to ensure productive output by employees.
The only challenge is there's alot of work that has to be done on time and meeting deadline and some delays that maybe caused by the third parties but the company provides all means necessary to help you achieve these which i can assure anyone that they are achievable.
The enjoyable part of my job is interacting with clients, employess and management from different walks of life and the experience I gained in this company, one can not put a price on it.