Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77506June 13, 2016
You are exposed to various chemicals all day. I was learning how to repair various lab equipment. My original manager was great then he quit. and my new manager tells me I'm not learning fast enough. It's difficult to learn new equipment when the only chance you get to touch them is when they are down for repair. As with most places some co-workers are great other not so much. The most enjoyable part was learning the new equipment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
they are not willing to train you
Could be a good place to work if upper management didn't micromanage the local offices from afar.
Inspector / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2016
If you're a hard worker with any amount of intelligence you can succeed here but you won't be compensated financially. Get hired in at as high of salary as you can get because once employed it is next to impossible to get a raise , the company is fond of promoting from within, without compensation. I liked most of my coworkers and the office's are nice.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Overworked and under payed, upper management is horrible and passes fault to local management
It gave me the opportunity to explore myself and learn more in record to report. It gave me the platform about how to work in the head office.
General Ledger Analyst (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshSeptember 13, 2016
It gave me the opportunity to explore myself and learn more in record to report. It gave me the platform about how to work in the head office of the company and how to handle the team.
working there give me an idea about different civil fields
Intern for Six weeks (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 4, 2016
I was only an intern in this company for six weeks but diffidently working there give me an idea about different civil fields. I learned how to do structural design reviews by using ETABS and how condition assessment of buildings is performed .
The Company is good.
A.) GIS Sr. Civil Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaApril 23, 2016
A good environment for the development of the career and self initiative.
You get to work with different people of different skills and levels.
Pros
Provide service vehicles to employees, gives opportinities to every employee to work with lesser supervision and to prove one's self.
Cons
Delayed payment of overtime. Very tight/hard when it comes to matters concerning salary adjustments, package revision and such.
Fast growing international TIC player
Commercial Manager Austria & Switzerland (Former Employee) –  Zürich, ZHSeptember 5, 2016
Bureau Veritas is a very dynamic and fast growing global player in the Testing, Inspection and Certification market. The company is permanently seeking new market segments to operate in.
Pros
International environment
A good start
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 12, 2016
BV is a good company to start, learn, get trained and...leave for better money.
Management is terrible and often to be found poorly skilled.
It is now fashionable to recruit former militaries who have not fully understood what a life outside the navy is.
Pros
a lot of holidays
Cons
the rest
Very efficient working on teams
CONSTRUCCION INSPECTOR / INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 7, 2016
They have a great and focused Managers. Rapid response on day to day project problems. Quality of work orientation and client satisfaction is priority.
I had a good experience working as a part of their Teams.
Inspection of piping fabrication and installation.
Mechanical / Piping Inspector - Yamal LNG Project (Former Employee) –  Batangas PhilippinesAugust 22, 2016
I'm working 6 days per week, 10 hours per days. A lot of knowledge in inspection. Management is ok. All inspector have their own knowledge to do the inspection.
Pros
No free
Cons
Only 15 minute
Excellent environment & very convenient
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bukit BatokMarch 23, 2016
Learnt a lot on multi tasking and working together as a team to ensure that our team did the very best and hit the target on time though the workloads are indescribable. I learnt that working as a team is the key to every success. Good team makes it a fun place to work despite the stress we encounter everyday. Not to forget, keeping the workplace clean and tidy makes it more easier to work. Thats where the 5S and housekeeping needed to be apply.
Pros
allowances
productive and neat
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduApril 2, 2016
Field Inspection at various places,
I get travelling mostly.
I learned how to approach people,documents submission
very clear management in work process
co-workers are independent in their work
No hardest part of the job found,Mostly it is welcome.
Apart from the Outside Audit, office report work is quite enjoyable
Pros
Only allowance beneficially one
Cons
actual
A good company but very complex
Business Development Director, Shale oil Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
Had the privilege of working in BV for one year, a great company but somewhat complex, it takes a lot to navigate the group but if you can master that there are a lot of opportunities
Productive and fun workplace with badminton game
Administrative support (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaMay 17, 2016
Can learn a skilled all available systems and the company also provides courses with their new system.
In recohnition of your contribution and support as Committee for Tree and Grass planing programme On World Environment Day 2011.
Great Company
Regional IT Manager (Eastern and souther Africa) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengMarch 29, 2016
This is a nice global company to work for.
Great management and staff.
Good benefits, Open office policy was very helpful.
I really enjoyed working for them they looked after the staff.
They provided training when needed.
With regular events and a great HR Lady keeping us going all the time.
Pros
Bonus, good staff
Cons
One of the worst places I have worked at
Admin (Former Employee) –  BVNAFebruary 25, 2016
When I took the job I didn't know much about BVNA had I known I would of never taken the job. Currently working on my way out of BVNA but once gone I will gladly give more details. Management expects you to work more then 8 hours but no overtime. Management also is not open and will stab you in the back any chance they get. They will not promote from within instead hire new people with no experience and put them above you. Pay is below average and benefits are average at best. Lots of turnover as people see once they get their its not a good company. Stay away
Pros
Cons
Poor management with no vision
Bureau Veritas
MICROALLOYING-CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Great overall company, Just looking for more opportunity.

I was a Contractor For Shell Wells group, But as Oil and gas become more Slow due to Overseas, I have to expand my opportunities.
Only Productivity no fun
Snr. QA/QC Engineer/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Trinidad & TobagoJune 7, 2016
(1) A Typical day at work is good because of the experiences are different each day.

(2) I learn a lot because of the different duties I perform and the different portfolios I hold depending on the contract we get.(As I am the ONLY person representing all the Oil companies in Trinidad. I act as Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer, QA Manager, Surveillance Engineer, Risk Base Inspector, Certify Verification Agent etc.

(3) Personally my management skills has grown tremendously over the years. However my management in Houston I lack support from them on a daily basis. They can do much better.

(4) Co-workers, I don't really have as I am on my own in Trinidad.

(5) Hardest part of my job is NOT getting enough support from management, and also working for the pass 3 years without a day vacation or a day sick leave because of no one to hold on for me in Trinidad.

(5) Most enjoyable part of my job for me is the challenge and learning new things almost everyday. and off course when I get a weekend off.
Pros
milage
Cons
health care good
very interesting work place
Senior Industry Surveyor / Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2016
I have learned a lot of things with this company , i m really enjoy to work with the company and especially the work environment + friendly staff .
admin is very helpful
Principal Inspector (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 16, 2016
colleagues and management are very nice, administrative system are simply and easy to follow, work assignments are very interesting and challenging
Pros
good living allowance
Work life balance, good employee benefits
Manager Finance & Accounts (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 8, 2016
Company provides Work life balance, good employee benefit to its employees. Company is professional in its workstyle and will grow substantially in the days to come.