Bureau En Gros Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Liars
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 18, 2015
Pros: In-store discount for employees, great co-workers.
Cons: Poor management, disregard towards employees, no comission
Honestly speaking, the only good thing about Bureau En Gros are the employees. If not for them, I would quit the same day I got hired. I CLEARLY specified in my resume that I'm looking for a full time job, and they still called me for an interview where they offered me a part time job, where they GUARANTEED 25 - 30 hours. I wasn't really mad, because that would cover my basic costs, so I accepted.

Basically they started off by giving me 18 - 20 hours. I asked the manager, why? She responded with: "You're new, so I don't want you to be overwhelmed" Fine, I decided to be a little patient, and give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they are a big corporation, and believed they would act professionally.

1 Month passes, and they decrease my hours down to 15 a week. I decided to have a conversation with my manager about the situation, explaining to her that I will be homeless, if this continues and if she's unable to give me more hours, to tell me right away so I could find another job. She acted sympathetic, and said she will try to provide more hours for me, not only did this continue for 3 more weeks, now they decreased my hours to 9 this week, and 5 for next week. How am I supposed to live on 50$ for a week? (not considering rent). Most of my co-workers live with their parents, I don't and she knows that perfectly well. Basically they don't give a flying cr*p about their employees.

I will never work there again, and I highly discourage anybody on indeed from doing so either.
Fun workplace with great staff
Floor Associate/ Copy Center Associate (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Great flexible hours
Cons: Low start off salary
Very nice and friendly staff. Flexible hours and good management. Managers and supervisors care about the safety and well being of their employees. Comfort and productivity are important to this company.
Customer Service
Branch Manager / Store (Former Employee), Montreal, QcSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Enjoy the challenge of finding a solution to a customers need.
Cons: Not always having enough time in one day to accomplish.
Managing copy and print is never boring. The basic or complex work order makes the day interesting. Some customers require a more one on one approach, while others are quick to drop off with instructions. Such a variety of different requests the work is far from boring. The challenge of meeting a deadline to selling the customer what they require and fulfilling the order. Working as a team and passing the information along is the most important thing to do. Customers are always interesting and at times very demanding.Staff is great work with, great sense of team spirit and ready to lend a hand. Management always ready to give the support when needed. First impression are always the most important. Being a people person and interacting with so many different customers is always a pleasure.
customer requests
Copy centre Lead (Former Employee), Montreal QuebecApril 12, 2015
Pros: good time for lunch
Cons: very long hours
the days start always with a lot of copies
with the time and the technologies we learn about the new copiers
the management are there for the lead and the co-workers always side by side..
the hard part when we can fix or in large a old pictures or project
but what make it fun it is the try and the final results we get
the most lovely moments when my clients thanks us with a smile and comeback with a different project
Challenges are there for those who want them.
Directeur Général (Former Employee), MontréalMarch 13, 2015
Pros: team satisfaction
Cons: difficult customers
8-9 hours days
customer service intensive
many priorities to juggle/sense of urgency
you need to be very autonomous in a short period of time
Very interesting place to work in.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montreal, QcAugust 24, 2014
Pros: learning about the latest electronic devices
Cons: low salary
- A typical days' work would be taking care of all the customers in my department as well as putting in order the stock and refilling the isles.
- I have learned several ways of approaching clients thanks to their intuitive videos and of course from the sales associates that were in my team.
- The hardest part of this job is most certainly Back-To-School period due to the number of customers we receive.
- The most enjoyable part of this job is always being updated on your sales quota and comparing it with your team mates.
Great team but not enough hours
Vente et service à la clientèle (Current Employee), Sainte-Agathe-des-MontsAugust 15, 2014
Pros: close to home and employee discounts
Cons: not enough hours
I love the people with whom I work, this also includes the management team. However I am in need of more hours and except for back to school season, it seems as though the hours are harder to get. Great experience for a a first job or for part time.
A good first retail experience
Electronics consultant (Former Employee), Sorel-Tracy, QCMarch 26, 2014
Day in day out you would stock shelves with products, move them around depending on weekly/monthly promotions, assist customers with questions and products.
From this job I learned a fair amount about retail work, and how involved it can be.
Management was a joy to work for, always willing to compromise when you needed something (like time off on a specific day).
Co-workers were great, you built up a sense of family with them, helping each other out when available to and it is needed.
The hardest part of the job was time management, when given a task to setup a zone of stock and handling customers at the same time, you didn't always have enough time during a shift to complete the task.
The enjoyable part of the job was knowing that at the end of the day, you had provided assistance to all your customers, and completed your task (or handed it off to the next person to come in if not complete).
TECHNOLOGY DEP. : Enjoyable work place, lots of various tasks to keep you busy
Caissier/Représentant en Informatique (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environement
Cons: not the best training methods
Unlike some other retail stores where you are limited to one small section to which you are responsible for, BEG allows their employees to roam most all the isles (however this also means you must me knowledgeable of all the products).

The one downside to working at BEG is that the training methods vary from store to store (which is odd) and as a result, may not suit some individuals. For example, I worked at two stores, my first one's management did not believe in "shadowing", so they essentially just throw you into a sale and have you learn from mistakes (basically you run back and forth between your client and another employee for answers).

Overall however, my experience with the company was great, once you know your products and have an interest in learning about technology, you should have a similar experience :D
Enjoyable
St-Bruno QC (Former Employee), Quebec, CanadaAugust 21, 2013
co workers are fun to work with
clientele are to the point and know what they want
management were very understandable
overall a good place to work if you're a student
fast paced and methodical work ethics
General Laborer (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 28, 2012
Pros: good co-workers, managers
Cons: short lunch break
relocate store aisles as per new planograms pre-assigned by staff managers, assemble furniture as required, clean merchandise, install Protex security system on merchandise, mount displays, install shelving and dividers, place mid-stock and over-stock according to "Bureau en Gros" standards.
Alot of work and fun with the other employees but too much stress for the low salary
Inventory control specialist (Current Employee), Sainte-DorothyMarch 29, 2012
Pros: tv and wii and netflix in our cafeteria
Cons: no help most of the time when i asked for it
I love everybody who works there. We were a big family and we worked together like one. But I had too much pressure and stress on my job and got overloaded very often because I always had to help others with their jobs and never received any help back wether it was from the bosses or the employees. The stress was too much for my low salary
bon
Conseiller en ventes (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: horaire
Cons: avancement
une journée de travail typique
chaque jour j'apprends quelque chose nouveau
equipe soudee

travail diversifier
Commis de bureau (Current Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Nouveau défis, le travail doit être effectué avec exactitude et concentration.
Environnement agréable
Commis (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Pause longues et payées
Cons: Aucun
En tant que commis, j'avais la tâche de déplacer des boîtes et remplir les étagères.J'adore faire un travail qui demande de l'exercice physique. Je me concentrai tellement que mon superviseur venait lui-même me demander de prendre ma pause. C'est la preuve que Bureau en Gros se soucie de ses employer.
directeur
Directrice (Former Employee), Bruno, SKDecember 6, 2015
Pros: uniforme
Cons: trop impersonnel
il manquait d'esprit d'équipe, responsable de toute la gestion des inventaire
environnement de travail agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 6, 2015
bonne entreprise , j'apprécie vraiment mon manager il m'aide vraiment à m'améliorer
travail et environnement agréable
Caissière et conseillère en informatique (Current Employee), Brossard, QCAugust 31, 2015
Remplissage de stock servir les client ranger le magasin assurer que tout le monde est servie
environnement de travail agreable
Stage de 4 mois en soutien informatique (Former Employee), Quebec , ValleyfiedAugust 17, 2015
environnement de travail agreable , un apprentisage different que celle de l école et des situation reel de probleme imformatique.
entreprise qui nous rend très polyvalent
Manutentionnaire/Opérateur de chariot élévateur (Former Employee), Laval, QCJune 18, 2015
positif: 1 moins routinier que la plus des entreprise
2 développement très polyvalent
ex: le reach, le magasinier, le raymond, le transpalette et le clam

négatif: 1 les heures de travail 40 heures semaines non garantie par le manque d'ouvrage
2 sécurité de l'emplois lié au succès de l'entreprise Amazone vente de fourniture en ligne.