Burberry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
More than just a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Full benefits, provided uniform, easy full-time hours, free dry cleaning and commission
Cons: Inconsistant hours. For example working 1-10 and then working 8-5 the next day
A typical day at work includes going into work and changing into your uniform. Burberry has a grooming standard and it is imperative to maintain that standard for the culture of the company. After receiving a touch base, I go and get my iPad and check my emails. After checking my emails I go through my clients list and send emails. These emails can be about new product, an event or just following up on a recent purchase they made. It is important to service clients beyond their entry and exit in the store. Through out the day, I will engage customers and educate them on the product. Engaging the customer includes discovering what they are missing and what need. If I am not engaging customers, I am being educating on the brand and product knowledge.
I have learned that customer service is imperative for the survival of a business. Treating your employees with respect will create synergy and a more organic team. I have also learned in order to become better in something you must always find ways to educate yourself. In addition in order to become a better tea you must always educate each other. An employee must welcome learning as tool not a correction.

The most important thing in management at Burberry was the constant communication. Through email, or Burberry World, management and the employees had at the ability to constantly communicate to each other. Every month management will sit and discuss your sales and other features of your job. They give an objective rating and set goals for you. This allows growth within the individual and allows the employee and management – more... to be on the same page.

The co-workers create partnerships to give clients better service and experience. Although we are on commission, we do not look at clients with monetary value. If i believe another associate can better accommodate them, I will simply pass them over. Co-workers are constantly learning new things and sharing the information.

The hardest part of the job is repairing a discrepancy with a client and our product. Burberry isn't perfect and sometimes our product is defective. When a client receives a defective item that we can't service it destroys our image and our relationship with the client. Sometimes clients are upset and although we try to rehabilitate the situation, we lose a client. The difficult task everyone faces is trying to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately associate do not have complete control of the longevity of our product.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating clients on our product. Guiding clients on making the right decision is enjoyable because whether they leave with a purchase or not, they know more about the company and the product. They also leave with impeccable luxury experience. Interacting with different clients, from foreign clients to our regular clients is interesting because it help me as an individual have the ability to interact and communicate with different types of people. – less
Burberry summary
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: long hours
1very nice people/organized team

2enjoyed training and customer communication

3interpersonal skills developed

4 cool people to deal with

5 fairly compensatoin
Great experience in luxury retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, OnMarch 18, 2015
Pros: potential to earn lots of commision
Cons: no room for growth
Overall, working at Burberry is very pleasant. The company treats its employees very well. Burberry is an awesome stepping stone into the luxury fashion industry, you learn lots about fashion, the brand and yourself.
Professional/Client Orientated
Service Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 21, 2014
Working at Burberry as the Service Lead developing excellent leadership skills.
Diversifying my network through appropriate clientele methods.