Burberry Limited Employee Reviews

Team building
Visual merchandise or sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kuwait4 November 2017
Easy to learn,past learner,hardworking,motivated,confidence,responsible, leardship,understanding,team work,participate to team member,cleanliness,enjoying the job nd happiness.
Pros
Free trnport and ticket
Cons
Coffee break lunch break
Quality controller
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire17 September 2017
I inspected coats for any flaws. And to make sure that they was perfect. I enjoyed worling there. I got made redundant. I could work by myself or with others.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Noisy
good place to work, supportive supervision
Customer Service Consultant (freelance) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 September 2017
Good learning experience. Employees are treated well and management is very supportive. If department were not moving to a different state I would have liked to become permanent employee.
An amazing workplace
A Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  London West, Greater London5 September 2017
Burberry is a great company to work for.

I learned a lot about retail environment. The workplace culture is incredible. A high level of professionalism make you feel comfortable and engaged with your work place.

Management Team supports employee at every stage of work and it is encouraging to challenging yourself.

The hardest part of the job was keep work/life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CA23 August 2017
Typical day at work was fighting for customers, majority of Chinese. So if you speak mandarin your a step ahead of the game. I learned a lot at this company such as product knowledge. How to service customers and judging how by there pace as a shopper. Management can be great at times but a new manager can change it all but that is how it is in most companies. Hardest part of it all as a sales associate of course would be the sales quota needed to be reached which as a this location numbers went up every year by a good amount due to the rising of the volume and sales. At the end of the day the most enjoyable part was getting to go home.
ambiente stimolante
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Roma, Lazio3 August 2017
Ottima crescita professionale azienda molto attenta ai propri dipendrnti
Pros
buoni pasto e bonus
Cons
lavoro durante festivita
Poor Management and Pretty well Package
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taikoo Place19 July 2017
After several retail stores in Hong Kong closed, Burberry CEO concluded that closing poorly performed Customer Service Department in Hong Kong within a year. The management team is tended to do personal attack with entourage and have specific staff to take initiative and personalise corporate regulatory operations. This is the main causes that so many foreign staffs left in short term.
Pros
Benefit package is higher than average
Cons
Poor management

Comment – 10 August 2017

Under the circumstances, Customer Service Consultant at Burberry Asia Limited (Hong Kong) can not be 'permanent', please make sure the contract details.

Comment – 16 August 2017

This is a call centre job, not a pure consultant job. Its advertisements do not mention that important detail. You should carefully check your contract.

Comment – 8 September 2017

Micro management is its feature. And you are tightly monitored. Moreover, you need authorisation for going toilet...

Comment – 14 September 2017

Contract worker or freelanced worker are highly not recommended conditions of work because the job description is exactly the same but term and benefits.

Wish I could still work here.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 July 2017
A wonderful opportunity to work for this company. The employees and the work life was a beautiful Chemistry. Of course, the clothes were superb. I recommend working here for anyone.
Productive job
Creditor Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vineland NJ28 June 2017
Working at Burberry has been one of the easiest jobs I have ever obtained. Very repetitive work and slow but takes excellent skills to get the job done.
Horrible Managment, not willing to work with you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY13 June 2017
Overall great place to work however, terrible management. Burberry culture is great but need to work on managers who do not know how to speak to people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Management
Cool job to work while Im in school.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  57th street5 May 2017
Cool job to work if you are in school. As far as advancement within the company, it is very achievebale depending on your work ethic and attitude. Salary is okay. Benefits are okay.
Pros
Location easy to get to from the train.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TX1 May 2017
This is one of my best retail experiences I've ever had. It is a fun environment, great opportunity for career and personal growth. Burberry is very caring towards their employees providing great benefits.
Normal warehouse work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland15 April 2017
Like most warehouse locations, consists of picking, packing, dispatch and everything in between. Working with high end expensive clothes so a clean criminal record is wise.
Fate attenzione
commessa (Former Employee) –  Serravalle Scrivia, Piemonte9 April 2017
Già dal colloquio si capisce che richiedono risorse dall' alto profilo, che parlino benissimo l ' inglese, dinamiche, con skills d ' eccellenza. Se superi il colloquio richiedono le referenze del tuo precedente datore di lavoro. Tutto questo anche se il contratto offerto è un tempo determinato di pochi mesi. Quando finalmente vieni assunto , ogni tanto dovrai recarti in sede a partecipare a dei corsi di accrescimento professionale. Gli obiettivi richiesti dal Marchio in ogni singola giornata lavorativa sono molto alti. Ti viene chiesto di imparare uno stile di vendita standard attraverso il quale collabori al raggiungimento degli obiettivi richiesti dello store.
Spauracchio quotidiano: la figura del mystery shopper mandato dall' azienda che viene a fare il cliente puntiglioso per poi valutare la tua performance di vendita con una serie di punti chiave.
Bene, quando finalmente divieni un buon soldatino ti lasciano a casa.
Ovviamente non per tutti la musica è così. Qualche amico/amica di supervisors, storemanager, e compagnia bella, entrano con colloqui all' acqua di rose ed in men che non si dica diventano così ' indispensabili ' da ottenere ruoli e contratti ad hoc.
Un ' azienda poco seria, che crea tanto scontento tra il personale.
Fateci caso, cercano personale molto spesso proprio perché alla fine del contratto è raro che tengano.
Amazing Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 March 2017
Amazing compensation and benefits. Have met and worked with some wonderful people. The position's workload is large. Work/life balance can be a challenge at times.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Workload, Hours
A sad story of love gone wrong
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA24 March 2017
Long story short... I thought this was going to be my dream job. Nearly 3 years later it was one of the most traumatic retail experiences of my life.

What they say is true, management has a lot of turn over so when one likes you .... they are soon gone ... only for another person to come in and play politician. I had the combination of worst most unprofessional managers I've ever worked with in my 10 years of retail management.

A lot of turnover in this company all across the nations and the highest in in the Americas. I know this because I was a manager.

Company culture is poor. Brand is nice - outerwear is fantastic of course. Benefits are pretty good - not the best I've had but top 3.

I would not gamble your future here if you're looking for advancement or a career.

This place broke my heart.
Pros
Nice discount, benefits, uniform provided
Cons
No peircings tattoos or fun hair, everyone has to have the same look, gossip, politics, discrimination
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 March 2017
There is a lot of freedom working for this company, I like it so far. Big chance to grow and become someone better, flexible hours and the people are very nice.
Benefits
Unprofessional work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 March 2017
Stay away from this company , unprofessional environment and management.
Manager is very unfrofessional, unfair, only hires his friends and help them by giving them the best clients .
Dynamic and innovate luxury fashion experience
Luxury Manager of Sales - Retail Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 March 2017
Teamwork was valuable. A leadership mentality is key. Strategic planning is the heart of Burberry. Forward-thinking and creative environment. Created unique experiences.
Awful
Sales Lead Manager / Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 March 2017
Not fun. Management is all politics and don't help you succeed. In order to get discount you have to sin up for a saks credit card with 30% interest. Scam