Burberry Limited Employee Reviews

productive
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Blyth5 January 2017
Benifits was that it's an easy ongoing job and you can talk while you work as it's not an issue and has no impact on work. Down side is your standing in the same place for entire shift so back and legs do ache.
Pros
christmas lunch
Job satisfaction non existent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Keighley10 September 2016
Not a company for encouraging ideas.
Considering this company is well recognised on the high street, the manufacturing side is something not to be aspired to.
Some of the managerial side is sadly lacking in direction, and experience. Acting like cloned robots seems to be the norm.
Opportunity for advancement which is normally gained through actual hands on shop floor experiience is very limited.
It appears people brought in under the direction of the hierarchy from London to the manufacturing base, have an agenda to self promote themselves under a 'plastic shroud'. They then feed back derogatory comments to H.Q. about people who are struggling-even though those very same people requested training, and were promised training that didn't materialise.
Pros
Free sandwiches providing you like spice in everything made.
Cons
Poor managerial decisions and confusing instructional direction.
Awful
Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 August 2016
Awful company. Pay is garbage and so are the management and it isn't so luxury anymore, clothing was poor quality and most of it is made in China
Terminated Due to Pregnancy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA10 April 2016
At the beginning Store Mgr was great, once I became pregnant and had complications
Not so nice, had other managers, make stuff up. Horrible Store Mgr
Soft way of showing how factories works
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Castleford30 March 2016
Typical day at work? Scan, pack, allocate, check stock, replenish stock.

I learned here alot about human nature, work to reach target, have "robotlike" attitude of doing something.

Management is.. well.. demanding, but if you are good with them, they are good with you.

Co workers? Well, worst part of the job - all you say can be used against you :)

Hardest part of the job? I would call whole "despatch" depends where do you work, in time you will experience arm pain or back pain.

Most enjoyable part of the job? Well, on nights you can feel like you are in your own world, so you can lower your tempo for a while..
Pros
Free food, stable working hours, no rotating shifts (2 shifts)
Cons
night shift (all the time nights?), co-workers maker you feel that you have to be carefull what you are saying.
Seasonal
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA28 February 2016
I was a seasonal employee in the winter of 2011. As such, I did not work there long enough to really learn much about the company or how its employees are treated. I was only there temporarily.
Fake sicurity - just illusion
xxyy (Former Employee) –  xxyy15 December 2015
Very tricky company, you never know what happens with those "0 hours contract" what they suggested and I've accepted of course - better that nothing. My contract was for 6 months, at last I've worked 9 days, yes you ve heard good - just 9 days!! Better avoid this company, it's a wasting of time and energy. Nor friendly environment at all.
Piece of s*** Human resources
None (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2015
I applied as a beauty stylist ,they rejected my application on the spot in a few hours. I have been working in retail for two years. must human resources really is looking for god knows what !!!!!!
Applied to Seasonal
Blah (Former Employee) –  Blah4 November 2015
I was send a rejection email. How about just not calling. I thought Burberry would have a little more class. I will never shop at Burberry again.
Job With Burberry
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Texas25 February 2015
During my time at Burberry was amazing. The company really does care about their associates. Great Benefits and wonderful accommodations. I recommend working for this company to anyone.

However, you have to be sure you want to be in sales or not. Because Burberry has a policy that if you don't make your sales goals or come within 10% within a four month period you are terminated.
Pros
Great Breaks, Vacation opportunities, Healthcare.
Cons
Dental and vision, hours, management
Productive full place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH14 February 2015
Proactively developed sales by selecting an appropriate range of options for customers, providing great product knowledge by overcoming objections and offering suitable additional items
Strived to meet individual sales targets, while maintaining the highest standards of visual merchandising, housekeeping and retails standards within the store
Meh.
Asset and Profit Protection (Former Employee) –  Rode, ENG14 January 2015
Okay, not great, manager were a bit funky sometimes, one even tried to order me to make him a cup of tea, the other would talk BS.
Stay Away!
job candidate (Former Employee) –  Roma, LAZ5 September 2014
HR wastes your time with pointless interviews. Even though you may have all the right qualifications, they will inevitably pass on you. Who knows what they are really looking for. Their website posts job descriptions that don't match what the actual stores are looking for. You may be headed for a huge disappointment.
HR department is dreadful
CS Consultant (Former Employee) –  London28 May 2014
Fussy HR department, they are looking for God knows what, they will mess you around, for nothing! Save your time and keep away from this Company.
great work place, fun stuff great compensation
Sales and Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 September 2013
I work with this company for 9yrs I enjoy working for Burberry, my co-workers was great. We get compensated for the great work we did, such as store vouchers, extra discounts, extra days off, birthdays off, stocks, free breakfast every Saturday mornings, bonuses at the end of year. It was overall one of my best job.
Pros
free lunches, fun place, employees fashion shows, free products
Cons
poor managements
Productive, Innovating
Quality controller (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire26 March 2013
good company to work for, staff friendly, hardest part of job was the travelling and fitting in with some members of the management team.
Pros
good facilities
Cons
long way to travel
INSUFFIECIENT SPACE IN BACK OF HOUSE. NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR LADDERS
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  SAN DIEGO7 November 2012
MANAGEMENT IS NOT EDUCATED IN HR AT ALL. YOU HAVE TO CALL ON YOUR OWN TO BE INFORM OF YOUR BENEFITS AND SO FORTH.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS THE PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER AND BUILD RAPPORT WITH.
Cons
pay
Abbiente lavorativo molto digital e dinamico.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roma Centro, Lazio13 November 2016
È una ottima esperienza lavorativa.
La mia esperienza professionale in Burberry mi ha dato modo di migliorare le mie abilita nel offrire un eccellente customer service e nella mia personale produttività. Mi ha permesso inoltre di rafforzare le mie capacita di comunicazione.
Pros
Buoni pasto, target da raggungere
Empresa dinamica que exige responsabilidades do trablhador
Gerente de vendas de showroom (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 August 2015
A parte mais agradável do meu trabalho na empresa era o atendmento aos gerentes de lojas das marcas no auxilio de compras e a ajuda nos shows rooms de lojas no pós vendas
Pros
refeição e horario de cafe na empresa

2.5