Burberry Limited Employee Reviews

Poor Management and Pretty well Package
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taikoo Place19 July 2017
After several retail stores in Hong Kong closed, Burberry CEO concluded that closing poorly performed Customer Service Department in Hong Kong within a year. The management team is tended to do personal attack with entourage and have specific staff to take initiative and personalise corporate regulatory operations. This is the main causes that so many foreign staffs left in short term.
Pros
Benefit package is higher than average
Cons
Poor management
Wish I could still work here.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 July 2017
A wonderful opportunity to work for this company. The employees and the work life was a beautiful Chemistry. Of course, the clothes were superb. I recommend working here for anyone.
Horrible Managment, not willing to work with you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY13 June 2017
Overall great place to work however, terrible management. Burberry culture is great but need to work on managers who do not know how to speak to people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Management
Cool job to work while Im in school.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  57th street5 May 2017
Cool job to work if you are in school. As far as advancement within the company, it is very achievebale depending on your work ethic and attitude. Salary is okay. Benefits are okay.
Pros
Location easy to get to from the train.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TX1 May 2017
This is one of my best retail experiences I've ever had. It is a fun environment, great opportunity for career and personal growth. Burberry is very caring towards their employees providing great benefits.
Normal warehouse work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland15 April 2017
Like most warehouse locations, consists of picking, packing, dispatch and everything in between. Working with high end expensive clothes so a clean criminal record is wise.
Fate attenzione
commessa (Former Employee) –  Serravalle Scrivia, Piemonte9 April 2017
Già dal colloquio si capisce che richiedono risorse dall' alto profilo, che parlino benissimo l ' inglese, dinamiche, con skills d ' eccellenza. Se superi il colloquio richiedono le referenze del tuo precedente datore di lavoro. Tutto questo anche se il contratto offerto è un tempo determinato di pochi mesi. Quando finalmente vieni assunto , ogni tanto dovrai recarti in sede a partecipare a dei corsi di accrescimento professionale. Gli obiettivi richiesti dal Marchio in ogni singola giornata lavorativa sono molto alti. Ti viene chiesto di imparare uno stile di vendita standard attraverso il quale collabori al raggiungimento degli obiettivi richiesti dello store.
Spauracchio quotidiano: la figura del mystery shopper mandato dall' azienda che viene a fare il cliente puntiglioso per poi valutare la tua performance di vendita con una serie di punti chiave.
Bene, quando finalmente divieni un buon soldatino ti lasciano a casa.
Ovviamente non per tutti la musica è così. Qualche amico/amica di supervisors, storemanager, e compagnia bella, entrano con colloqui all' acqua di rose ed in men che non si dica diventano così ' indispensabili ' da ottenere ruoli e contratti ad hoc.
Un ' azienda poco seria, che crea tanto scontento tra il personale.
Fateci caso, cercano personale molto spesso proprio perché alla fine del contratto è raro che tengano.
Amazing Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 March 2017
Amazing compensation and benefits. Have met and worked with some wonderful people. The position's workload is large. Work/life balance can be a challenge at times.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Workload, Hours
A sad story of love gone wrong
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA24 March 2017
Long story short... I thought this was going to be my dream job. Nearly 3 years later it was one of the most traumatic retail experiences of my life.

What they say is true, management has a lot of turn over so when one likes you .... they are soon gone ... only for another person to come in and play politician. I had the combination of worst most unprofessional managers I've ever worked with in my 10 years of retail management.

A lot of turnover in this company all across the nations and the highest in in the Americas. I know this because I was a manager.

Company culture is poor. Brand is nice - outerwear is fantastic of course. Benefits are pretty good - not the best I've had but top 3.

I would not gamble your future here if you're looking for advancement or a career.

This place broke my heart.
Pros
Nice discount, benefits, uniform provided
Cons
No peircings tattoos or fun hair, everyone has to have the same look, gossip, politics, discrimination
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 March 2017
There is a lot of freedom working for this company, I like it so far. Big chance to grow and become someone better, flexible hours and the people are very nice.
Benefits
Unprofessional work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 March 2017
Stay away from this company , unprofessional environment and management.
Manager is very unfrofessional, unfair, only hires his friends and help them by giving them the best clients .
Dynamic and innovate luxury fashion experience
Luxury Manager of Sales - Retail Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 March 2017
Teamwork was valuable. A leadership mentality is key. Strategic planning is the heart of Burberry. Forward-thinking and creative environment. Created unique experiences.
Awful
Sales Lead Manager / Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 March 2017
Not fun. Management is all politics and don't help you succeed. In order to get discount you have to sin up for a saks credit card with 30% interest. Scam
Cons
ambiente di lavoro molto professionale
stock room admin (Current Employee) –  Fiumicino Aeroporto, Lazio10 February 2017
La mia giornata di lavoro tipo è la seguente:

inizio la giornata con lo svolgimento della parte amministrativa del negozio: Bancking, report, fatturazione, versamento bancario ecc

preparo documentazione per lo scarico della merce per esempio proforme che servono per le bollette doganali

preparo uscita merce sia a livello logistico che burocratico

controllo che i due negozi dove lavoro siano apposto nelle strutture, impianti ecc
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
Gestione di alcuni aspetti lavorativi da snellire
Boring!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY23 January 2017
I have a lot of work experience in luxury fashion so my expectations for a brand like this were high. During the interview process, I told them that i needed to be making more than my previous job. They said okay but still offered me a very low compensation. I guess they offer this hourly wage to all new hires. Since this was the case, I needed to make up for my compensation with my commission. The store I was placed in was extremely slow. Sometimes only a handful of customers would walk in and not one of them would purchase. It was very difficult and I was not making enough money at all. The people I interviewed with told me not to worry and that I would be making a lot more than my previous job. after 6 months, I asked to be transferred to a different location since my previous job was at a flagship store on the upper east side and I still had a lot of clients who I kept in contact with. They would not transfer me so I left. Other than a poor compensation, there is absolutely nothing to do in the boutique. for the day we would all keep busy on the iPads and try on clothes. not much to clean up because no one came into the store! I must say that I love this brand and the merchandise but it is just way too boring and somewhat meaningless to work here.
Pros
good health care, a lot of pto days
Cons
boring, poor compensation
productive
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Blyth5 January 2017
Benifits was that it's an easy ongoing job and you can talk while you work as it's not an issue and has no impact on work. Down side is your standing in the same place for entire shift so back and legs do ache.
Pros
christmas lunch
Cons
Precious lesson learnt in retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Singapore7 December 2016
Glad to be seasonal casual sales assistance in Singapore.
Learnt lots of sales skills and retail experience like hoe to communicate with customers and provide excellent services.
Abbiente lavorativo molto digital e dinamico.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roma Centro, Lazio13 November 2016
È una ottima esperienza lavorativa.
La mia esperienza professionale in Burberry mi ha dato modo di migliorare le mie abilita nel offrire un eccellente customer service e nella mia personale produttività. Mi ha permesso inoltre di rafforzare le mie capacita di comunicazione.
Pros
Buoni pasto, target da raggungere
Job satisfaction non existent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Keighley10 September 2016
Not a company for encouraging ideas.
Considering this company is well recognised on the high street, the manufacturing side is something not to be aspired to.
Some of the managerial side is sadly lacking in direction, and experience. Acting like cloned robots seems to be the norm.
Opportunity for advancement which is normally gained through actual hands on shop floor experiience is very limited.
It appears people brought in under the direction of the hierarchy from London to the manufacturing base, have an agenda to self promote themselves under a 'plastic shroud'. They then feed back derogatory comments to H.Q. about people who are struggling-even though those very same people requested training, and were promised training that didn't materialise.
Pros
Free sandwiches providing you like spice in everything made.
Cons
Poor managerial decisions and confusing instructional direction.
Awful
Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 August 2016
Awful company. Pay is garbage and so are the management and it isn't so luxury anymore, clothing was poor quality and most of it is made in China