Italian restaurant seeks full-time chef with minimum 5 years experience as sous-chef and/or chef.
As an executive chef, the employee is responsible for the following:
- Arranging regular kitchen staff meeting to assure the quality of kitchen service.
- Communicating with head office to control food budget and food cost.
- Placing orders based on the sales target and the food cost.
- Controlling the kitchen utilities and equipments to assure the good maintenance of each.
- Preparing and costing the menu based on the restaurant standards with the help of the head office.
- Communicating with the kitchen staff to make sure all preparations are set on a daily basis.
- Controlling the food inventory to make sure there is no shortage of stock for the daily operation
- Controlling the cleanliness of the kitchen, dishwasher area, corridor and fridges.
- Giving guidelines and instruction to the kitchen staff for the proper maintenance of the kitchen.
- Controlling all recipes to make sure the products meet the standard of the restaurant.
- Supervising the kitchen staff and scheduling staff based on the weekly operation.
- Making sure that the kitchen staff is dressed properly and they follow the sanitary standards.
- Arranging a daily Table D'hôte meeting with the dining room staff to discuss and explain the menu.
- Supervising the orders and the food circulation during the service.
- Controlling the dishes to make sure all the dishes leaving kitchen are prepared with the standard of the
- Controlling the following at kitchen closure on a daily basis; All foods are properly wrapped and placed
in the fridges, all fridges are locked, all burners are closed, all dishes and equipments are cleaned and
placed properly, kitchen and dishwasher area are clean and properly set up for the next shift.
- Create teamwork between the kitchen staff to increase the efficiency of the kitchen and coordination
- Provide constant training for the kitchen staff to educate them about the quality of the service and new products.
- Prepare seasonal kitchen budget and coordinate with the head office for any adjustments and new
- Complete the logbook for the next shift, including any recommendation and orders required.
- Participating in the managers meeting to coordinate the operation of the kitchen and dining room.
- Preparing menu testing and menus for special events and catering.
Compensation $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 Annually; Depending upon Experience, 40.00 Hours per week, Bonus.