Bulk Barn Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 12, 2016
Lots of memorization needed, and working fast to clean store. Management was organized. Hardest part of the job was the fast environment, with customers and remembering all the codes before they got annoyed.
helpin customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONFebruary 19, 2016
I would recommend anyone working here amazing small business with not a lot of co workers so the hours there great. for the little time I worked here I enjoyed when I was at work and was always busy so the time went by fast
Administrative support to senior management, owners and stake holders
Supervisor Cashier / Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 22, 2015
Administrative support to senior management and stake holders. Maintained inventory and pointed of sale. Solved customers problems.
Fun Workplace
Cashier, inventory (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Coworkers were fun to work with, learned how to stock, use the cash register, learned more about customer service. Co-workers were fun to work with
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Good and welcoming workplace
Cashier and Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Wonderful employees working together to provide amazing customer service. A thoroughly pleasant environment led by a flexible and helpful manager.
great teamwork
Stock Boy (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 25, 2016
Job requires alot of heavy lifting and gets tiring at times but the team keeps a great positive attitude which makes working easier
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Great people to work with everyday was a great environment to work in. The job was easy and straight forward so its great for everyone.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 12, 2016
Fantastic building and great employee perks, a great company to work for. The owner is great and he takes care of his employees.
It was fun!!!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntJuly 7, 2015
I currently worked for Bulk Barn for three years and it was a fun place to work for. Got to work with a lot of products and learning the products as you go. The cons was getting to memorize the numbers for more 1,000 products. Employees asking what's the number for this? as weighting. As working with employees working as a team is awesome at Bulk Barn. The management was okay if you didn't call in sick a lot. But if you are young it's a great place to work at!! and it's a great first job. It's fast pace and have to have a lot of knowledge. Good Luck!!
Pros
Nice Employees, fun!!
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 17, 2015
Co-workers become like family and you have your regular customers who always put a smile on your face. There's a lot of cleaning to do on a daily basis and you always have to make sure the store is maintained to head offices' standards.
Bulk Barn is a very busy place with great environment!
Cashier and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Summerside, PEJuly 17, 2015
For a typical day it is always busy with lots to do. Depending on when your shift is, depends on what you are doing. Working between 9-am and 5-pm a person normally cleans the shelves and check expiry date on the products. From 5-pm to 9-pm a person normally cleans the bins, wet pails a.k.a -the peanut butters, icing, molasses
(the worst to clean), pie filling,jams etc, then there is under sweeping a.k.a sweeping underneath the bins, and at the end mop floor except for Saturdays and Sundays. Some people are trained to do the till or cash. It can be the hardest part because of all the codes. You do have a role and some paper with all the code written down for you. Yet for me do the cash is the best part of the job.
Bulk Barn pretty well managed and my co-worker are great people and really easy to work with.
Run by teenagers
Cashier and stock person (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 29, 2015
Immature staff resulting in work not being done, inappropriate behavior from co-workers, management included store owner and kids under 18.
Pros
Good snack food for breaks
Cons
Feels like babysitting
A fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
My time at Bulk Barn was a lot of fun. The management was great, and the other team members were great to work with. I was mainly stocking the shelves and making sure all the bins were full, but I would also help out customers when they couldn't find an item or needed assistance bringing items to their cars. I was also part of the closing team and would have to clean the floors and the tops of the bins. I would recommend Bulk Barn to anyone who would want to work in an environment where you are helping customers a lot and do some heavy lifting.
Pros
Great team members and managment
Cons
a lot of heavy lifting, not recommended to people with back pains
Great co-workers, not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
I have worked at two Bulk Barns now, and I have loved my first experience, I have moved to another to be closer to where I live and it has been honestly terrible. My first location was a franchised location, so I knew moving to a corporate store would be different. Not only was the schedule completely off, but the people who worked for corporate who came in every day would take shifts away from people without notice, actually said some racist comments to one of my co-workers who was (obviously) offended but didn't say anything for fear of losing her job. They would make us repeat tasks throughout the day, buzz for another cashier if there was one person in line besides the one we were helping, and then tell us to not do things that I was used to doing regularly at my old location (like stocking during store hours when it wasn't busy). I'm sad to of changed locations, for once I thought this was a great company, the only upside is the co-workers, for we all share this same view.
Cons
no employee discount, long hours.
a fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  stratfordApril 22, 2014
it is not very often that you work in an environment where everyone gets a long. It is more of a family environment and we all care about each other greatly. We can laugh and joke with each other on a daily basis. My manager is one of the kindest, most giving person with a heart of gold.
I work very hard and give 100% and have learned quite a bit working there. I have done merchandising, ordering, banking as well as interviewing potential employees.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no benefits and sometimes long hours
useless boss great employees
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 20, 2015
i enjoyed a majority of my fellow employees however the owner was rarely in attendance and not good at listening to employee concerns.
Productive and busy
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCNovember 30, 2015
there was always something that needed to be down whether it was stocking product or cleaning. good place to work really nice boss.
Bulk Barn
Cashier/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ONNovember 17, 2015
the best part of working here was getting to meet all the customers, helping them with finding the proper ingredients for their baking etc., and picking up recipes from people
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 7, 2015
A really healthy place, nice staff, easy job, fast paced, friendly. Met lots of people. Learned about different vitamins.
Good work place
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Being at Bulk Barn is a great start of your carrier.
Nice costumers, good supervisors, very nice manager.
My co-workers are very good people who you can trust.