Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Part time job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2017
Was just a part time job. Offered no opportunity for advancement. Not a great job. Was in school while I was working there. No plans on returning at all.
work with nice people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 October 2016
It is a very busy store, we do lots of cleaning. I work in all parts of the store, stock, cash , opening and closing the store and help in training new staff.
Pros
it is close to my home and the staff is friendly
Cons
no breaks, and long hours.
Bulk Barn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 December 2016
Working for Bulk Barn was an okay experience. I suggest it as a first time job as there is no hours to be given. Everyday consisted of cleaning every counter, and every product lid and scoop. Cleanliness is very important in these stores.
Pros
Some of the staff members I worked with were amazingly friendly, patient and helpful.
Cons
Lack of hours, no room to move up in the company, and the owners are generally intimidating.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 February 2017
Bulkbarn is a great place to work if you want to keep busy throughout your entire shift. There is always work to do around the store and the time always flies when I am there. The employees are great people and I get along with them very well. The hardest part of the job is to maintain its cleanliness. We are always very busy so things get messy very quickly.
Interesting people to work with, not very productive team.
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2017
When working at the location that I was employed at, I found the team was not as productive as they could be. Work was usually left for the night shifts to complete before closing. Everyone was nice to one another but the work habits were questionable.
Pros
Interesting experience
Cons
Unproductive coworkers
Fun place to work with great people
SUPERVISOR/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 February 2016
I love the people I work with on a daily basis, the place has become like a small family. The customers are usually pretty great, with many returning time and time again. The manager is fantastic, she's caring and tries her best to keep everyone happy.
Pros
My coworkers, and the experience I've gained
Cons
no room for growth, no benefits, no discount
Entry level jobs
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia24 November 2016
The company is an entry level job company there is very minimal perks to working for Bulk Barn. As a corporate employee you feel less important and more of an inconvenience. Wage increases do not happen, The people in individual stores make a difference but as a corporation it is less then enjoyable.
Pros
I get a paycheck
Cons
I get a small paycheck
Enjoyed my experance
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 February 2017
Being a general stocker, part-time, I enjoy how this job turned out. People were pleasant to work with. It is a good entry job for those wanting to try in life, i do not encourage it for those who slack. I learned managing product stocking, customer service, and janitorial skills. The job is also more self motivated base, not a lot of supervision.
Productive Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
Bulk Barn is a fun place to work, but the down side to working here is having to clean everything everyday. I understand it has to be sanitary but once a day is fine not multiple times a day.

Other than that everything else was fun and I loved the other employee's.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Cleaning the bins, every single day
Not bad can be better
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON13 February 2017
Wasn't to bad just the management their is bad, but they are super friendly god environment, as well good learning skills
Happy, productive environemt great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2017
Had a wonderful time working for this company, always had great coworkers, flexible schedule and interesting customers. Team building was very important, no one was ever left to do a job they felt they could not handle and the owner took great care of the employees
Good atmosphere, good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB21 December 2016
Always lots to be done, especially cleaning and stocking. Customer service is important but the stores are not shopped heavily except during holidays, so minimal customer service. Lots of variety in products and therefore there is a big learning curve.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Heavy lifting
Great place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON9 January 2017
It was great working here, working on the responsibility of cleaning. Making sure everything is sanitary, working on learning the duties of a cashier. Knowing how to use my communication skills to help customers, how to deal with stressful situations or busy days and how to work as a team.
awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 January 2017
amazing staff, great life skills, cleaning and stocking shelves, handling cash and returns, dealing with customers to help find their way, knowing the poduct codes in the store, being able to work as a team.
Pros
working with friendly staff and customers
Cons
not enough hours
It's a good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quebec26 January 2017
You get a 10% off on Mondays and if student you get a 10% off on wednesdays
There's tons of employee that are funny and are great to be around which makes your day better
Pros
Est New food
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly safe work place
Customer Service & Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
I enjoyed working at this establishment, my coworkers were friendly and the work enviorment was safe and positive. The hours scheduled worked very well with the other activities i had taking place in my life at the time.
easy fun place to work
Shelf Stocker and product placer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bulk barn. Very respectable staff to work with. Very fun times here and always got some good advice from the funny and polite customers. I loved this job a lot
Pros
easy job
Cons
hard job
my company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 January 2017
I was the best boss ever!!!!!!!!!!
This company is closed and this is silly! again the action of reviewing a company based on an individual opinion is not a legitimate way of understanding the situation he or she was placed in.
Fun, exciting, great place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
Amazing people to work with, everyone is very nice! It does get a little hard, but becoming friends with everyone that works there makes the day go by much faster.
Pros
free food, friendly people
Cons
Managment is sometimes confusing
Some good, some bad
Corporate Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada25 November 2016
There are some great people that work for the Bulk Barn corporate office. Alternatively Bulk Barn tends to employ a number of "friends" into jobs where they are really not qualified for or just feel so entitled they don't do their jobs.

2.8