Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Great place to work with fun staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 July 2017
Lots of cleaning, dusting and customer service. I've really learned patience and memorization skills. The management was always helpful and understanding.
Ambiance de travaille peu commune !
Commis-caissier (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC18 July 2017
L'ambiance de travaille au Bulk Barn de drummondville est très agréable. Tout le monde s'entend bien, l'entraide est toujours présente, les nouvelles idées sont toujours la bienvenu. Horaire très flexible pour les étudiants très occupé!
Pros
L'équipe de travail
Cons
Aucun rabais.
Loved this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK14 July 2017
Was a amazing job very good management , Gave me the opportunity to grow in the business and really flexible hours . Very easy going company to work for.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
n/a
Quite a Busy Location
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Typical Day is busy even our slow days as busier than other locations busy days. Management is excellent and usually is quite friendly and helpful when it comes to sick days and requested days off.
great part time job
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB\13 July 2017
working at bulk barn was my first part time job when i was 14 the boss was very nice and very professional. fellow employees always made work fun and enjoyable
Pros
great employees
Cons
long hours of cleaning
good work place, poor managment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 July 2017
everybody I worked with was amazing, other than the manager. I was written up for having to miss a day at work due to an important court date, and other pointless things
Quiet, slow pace workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work is sweeping beneath every bin of product and making sure the store looks presentable for all customers. Making sure that all customers find everything they need and leave the store with a smile.
Pros
Good environment
Sad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
Working here was very fun at first. My coworkers were extremely friendly and we all got along very well. The management, at first, was very nice and were accommodating. This store went through many staff changes, either because of the staff personnel themselves or management just being too strict.

Eventually, the management started becoming rude and overbearing. They would pick at every little thing we did - not stocking properly, not doing enough at the cash register, etc.

These were not true. The staff were all hardworking and were treated less than they should have been. It was disappointing as I truly enjoyed working at Bulk Barn. However, I wish the management were better people.
Pros
Coworkers
Good Steady Part Time Position
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2017
A typical day at work would be pretty average when it comes to a retail setting. Cashing out customers in a sufficient and positive way would be the main focus. Cleaning and stock would happen on a regular day too.
Positive Environment and Easy to Learn
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
Working as a cashier, but there is always something else to do if no customers around. Cleaning, organizing, and stocking. Great coworkers and management.
Pros
10% discount, candy store
Cons
standing a lot, lifting heavy items
It is an energetic and fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 July 2017
Its a great place to work. management it fair and easy to work with. Ive learned lots about customer service and care. I'm about to work efficiently and I feel that I am making a real difference in the company. The best part about this job is the people I get to work with. I enjoy having a happy, clean and safe work environment and try to create a good atmosphere for all customers and employees. The hardest part about the job is keeping things organized so things can run smoothly. There are a lot of products that need to be recognized and attended to when needed and necessary.
Friendly place with a great boss
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON5 July 2017
learned a lot
easy going
if i made mistakes it was okay and they taught me proper and didn't just get mad or yell
good for trading hours
make sure everythings okay
Pros
breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Great team
Work, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
I had the opportunity to coach my own team and delegate tasks to each individual without any worry of poor work performance. I was loved while at this job.
It's a Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Carry around 90 pound bags of Flour/sugar and fill up the baskets, cleaning and memorizing codes was a typical day.

I learned how to discern healthy food from unhealthy.

The work place was fairly Segregated, there were many "cliques" of people, you have to learn how to accept that Stock is different that Cash, and that most times you'll have to help the Cash do their job or they won't let you or the boss hear the end of it.

Hardest part of the job was finding the time to do everything as well as help the others around you.

I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with the other clerks on break.
Pros
Learn about Nutrition
Cons
Heavy loads to carry, high expectancy with low rewards
Cashier/ stock
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 June 2017
Fun outgoing manager. Make sure stock is full and up to date , handle cash and customers . Gave me good balance when I was in school and attending extracurricular activities
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 June 2017
I enjoy working here, the people are awesome and the management is very good, cash was a little too stressful for me at times and cleaning all the time can become very boring.
Dream Part Time Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 June 2017
I love my job. Co-workers and management is amazing. I was given the amazing opportunity to be introduced to many common workplace jobs (cashier, stock) and am constantly doing something different everyday. I love it.
This is a great job if you are learning in customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 June 2017
I've been here for just about a year and I really enjoy it, the people are nice and management is good, they are able to work around busy schedules, also when you request time off they are able to give it to you.
great place for someones first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2017
they give everyone a fair chance even if you have no previous work experience. they believe in helping every employee grow so that they can move up to be a supervisor. its a great place to learn hands on customer service and money handling which is essential at almost every job.
Great place to overcome challenges.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 June 2017
Bulk Barn is a fun and challenging workplace. I have worked there for 5 years as a supervisor and I love dealing with customers and my fellow workers. Sometimes there are conflicts and I love to figure out how to resolve them.