Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
A typical shift consisted of mainly cleaning and keeping the stock bins full. I was able to learn and experience what it was like to work in customer service as my first part-time job. The staff, customers and overall environment was very friendly and enjoyable. One of the difficult tasks is learning the numerical codes that each product is associated with.
freindly atmosphere, productive, clean
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 April 2017
I worked at the Bulk Barn for 2 1/2 years. My co-workers were fantastic and eager to lend a helping hand when needed. The customers that came into the Bulk Barn that I had worked at were mostly regulars.You'd grow to learn something new about your customers through interaction with them every time they would come into the store. Overall my experience as a customer/employee at the Bulk Barn is pretty great!
Pros
free treats from the boss
Cons
pay
Good
Cashier/Customer Service/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 1 year I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Great introduction into the workplace
Stock/Inventory/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON29 March 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 3 years I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Pros
Great coworkers, Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not many hours
Flexible and Great Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 March 2017
When I worked there I was a student. They were very flexible with my tough school and rep soccer schedule. The management and staff governed them self mostly without supervision and everything ran smoothly
Pros
Cons
low paying
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2017
Great people
Fun job
Multicultural
learned a lot about baking, nuts, candy
Get to help people plan for parties
get to learn a lot about different health concerns(gluten free)
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
lots of physical work
Good Work place friendly staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON16 March 2017
Great place to work, learned a lot of valuable skills. Management was amazing. Work environment was safe and comfortable. Enjoyed working with people and learning about customer service.
Bulk Barn
Cashier and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON16 March 2017
I worked at bulk barn for a couple years, and was moved from a part time worker to a supervisor. I received a slight pay raise and my day-to-day job also changed. It was difficult for me because at the time we were having staffing issues, and I ended up working way more than I should of been while in school. We were all a very close group of co-workers though, which made the job really fun and enjoyable. I learned lots of leadership skills, and also how to handle many tasks and responsibilities at once.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Too many hours
Both a job and a second home
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 March 2017
I have been a supervisor at Bulk Barn for almost 5 yeas and worked for the company almost 6 and honestly could not find a bad thing to say. Both at store level and in head office the people are amazing and so incredibly helpful, patient and kind.

They are always putting the customers first which makes for happy and healthy day to day for both the shopper and the staff which in my opinion is all you can ask for in any job.

A typical day at work is spent tending to both the store and the customers weather it be cleaning, filling, or working cash. There is always a task that can be worked on so you are never left standing around bored.

The hardest part of the job was learning the products and codes, but once you do it just becomes a reflex.

Needless to say, when I walk into work it isn't a place I dread going.. it is my happy place.
decent place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 March 2017
i enjoyed the job, but the supervisors at my location were not very good and broke a lot of rules. Their careless training and breaking of rules resulted in termination of my position.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
supervisors and managers did not care greatly about employees
Great Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
Great place to work, unicity location. fun and easy going. great place to work if you have a lot on your plate. not too stressful with a lot of team work.
Bulk Barn-A good and sophisticated place to work.
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 March 2017
its a very good place to work and a person gets to learn a lot about different food items of different cultures and countries.
The management of the stores is done in a very good manner.
Utmost care is given at cleanliness.
Pros
learns a lot about the culture of canada as bulk barn has very diverse costumer base.
Cons
new schedule comes every week.
Great Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
It was my first real job, and I have to say it was a very enjoyable place to work, and I definitely would suggest the job to anyone. Great staff, great environment.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Temptation for candy
Bulk barn
Front Store / Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Relaxing environment. management was very respectful. the hardest part of the job is that you had to memorize all of the codes for each item. the most enjoyable part of the job is that it doesnt get that busy
Pros
got to meet to new people
Cons
memorizing all the codes
enjoyed the opprotunity
Full-time Head Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 March 2017
was a fun environment, which also demanded hard work. all in all a great way to build skill for your future to work as a young adult.
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON1 March 2017
Hard work is required during this strict, regimented scheduled shift. Lots of cleaning to meet various food policies. Lots of customer service required.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 February 2017
Bulkbarn is a great place to work if you want to keep busy throughout your entire shift. There is always work to do around the store and the time always flies when I am there. The employees are great people and I get along with them very well. The hardest part of the job is to maintain its cleanliness. We are always very busy so things get messy very quickly.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alberta22 February 2017
Excellent place to work colleagues are caring as are the owners. Hours available are part time only. Always something to do, kept very busy at all times.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Bulk Barn is a great environment to work at. Not only is it a fun and productive workplace, the employees themselves make me feel so welcome. We created a bond and now we're a family. Teamwork and trust are what I developed while working there.
Enjoyed my experance
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 February 2017
Being a general stocker, part-time, I enjoy how this job turned out. People were pleasant to work with. It is a good entry job for those wanting to try in life, i do not encourage it for those who slack. I learned managing product stocking, customer service, and janitorial skills. The job is also more self motivated base, not a lot of supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulk Barn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9