Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Bulk Barn
Cashier and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON16 March 2017
I worked at bulk barn for a couple years, and was moved from a part time worker to a supervisor. I received a slight pay raise and my day-to-day job also changed. It was difficult for me because at the time we were having staffing issues, and I ended up working way more than I should of been while in school. We were all a very close group of co-workers though, which made the job really fun and enjoyable. I learned lots of leadership skills, and also how to handle many tasks and responsibilities at once.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Too many hours
Both a job and a second home
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 March 2017
I have been a supervisor at Bulk Barn for almost 5 yeas and worked for the company almost 6 and honestly could not find a bad thing to say. Both at store level and in head office the people are amazing and so incredibly helpful, patient and kind.

They are always putting the customers first which makes for happy and healthy day to day for both the shopper and the staff which in my opinion is all you can ask for in any job.

A typical day at work is spent tending to both the store and the customers weather it be cleaning, filling, or working cash. There is always a task that can be worked on so you are never left standing around bored.

The hardest part of the job was learning the products and codes, but once you do it just becomes a reflex.

Needless to say, when I walk into work it isn't a place I dread going.. it is my happy place.
decent place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 March 2017
i enjoyed the job, but the supervisors at my location were not very good and broke a lot of rules. Their careless training and breaking of rules resulted in termination of my position.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
supervisors and managers did not care greatly about employees
Great Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
Great place to work, unicity location. fun and easy going. great place to work if you have a lot on your plate. not too stressful with a lot of team work.
Bulk Barn-A good and sophisticated place to work.
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 March 2017
its a very good place to work and a person gets to learn a lot about different food items of different cultures and countries.
The management of the stores is done in a very good manner.
Utmost care is given at cleanliness.
Pros
learns a lot about the culture of canada as bulk barn has very diverse costumer base.
Cons
new schedule comes every week.
Great Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
It was my first real job, and I have to say it was a very enjoyable place to work, and I definitely would suggest the job to anyone. Great staff, great environment.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Temptation for candy
Bulk barn
Front Store / Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Relaxing environment. management was very respectful. the hardest part of the job is that you had to memorize all of the codes for each item. the most enjoyable part of the job is that it doesnt get that busy
Pros
got to meet to new people
Cons
memorizing all the codes
enjoyed the opprotunity
Full-time Head Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 March 2017
was a fun environment, which also demanded hard work. all in all a great way to build skill for your future to work as a young adult.
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON1 March 2017
Hard work is required during this strict, regimented scheduled shift. Lots of cleaning to meet various food policies. Lots of customer service required.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 February 2017
Bulkbarn is a great place to work if you want to keep busy throughout your entire shift. There is always work to do around the store and the time always flies when I am there. The employees are great people and I get along with them very well. The hardest part of the job is to maintain its cleanliness. We are always very busy so things get messy very quickly.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alberta22 February 2017
Excellent place to work colleagues are caring as are the owners. Hours available are part time only. Always something to do, kept very busy at all times.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Bulk Barn is a great environment to work at. Not only is it a fun and productive workplace, the employees themselves make me feel so welcome. We created a bond and now we're a family. Teamwork and trust are what I developed while working there.
Enjoyed my experance
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 February 2017
Being a general stocker, part-time, I enjoy how this job turned out. People were pleasant to work with. It is a good entry job for those wanting to try in life, i do not encourage it for those who slack. I learned managing product stocking, customer service, and janitorial skills. The job is also more self motivated base, not a lot of supervision.
Not bad can be better
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON13 February 2017
Wasn't to bad just the management their is bad, but they are super friendly god environment, as well good learning skills
Bulk Barn
Corporate Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON8 February 2017
Care about their employees
Great job for young single adults, difficult to have a home life with the extensive travel expected from corporate employees
Accepting and helpful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 February 2017
I was always made to feel like I belonged. The people whether cash, stock, or management were always kind and helpful. They made every question feel like it was a good question.
Productive Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
Bulk Barn is a fun place to work, but the down side to working here is having to clean everything everyday. I understand it has to be sanitary but once a day is fine not multiple times a day.

Other than that everything else was fun and I loved the other employee's.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Cleaning the bins, every single day
Unproductive and unappreciative workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
The hours were alright here and they were flexible when it came to school as well ad other part-time jobs, but the management was quite horrible. It was many times unclear of what was needed to be done, and who was to do the tasks. Although some people were great to work with, it was a very overall untrusting place.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Horrible management
Interesting people to work with, not very productive team.
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2017
When working at the location that I was employed at, I found the team was not as productive as they could be. Work was usually left for the night shifts to complete before closing. Everyone was nice to one another but the work habits were questionable.
Pros
Interesting experience
Cons
Unproductive coworkers
It's a good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quebec26 January 2017
You get a 10% off on Mondays and if student you get a 10% off on wednesdays
There's tons of employee that are funny and are great to be around which makes your day better
Pros
Est New food
Cons
Short breaks

2.8