Bulk Barn Employee Review

High paced environment with a great and hard working staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 May 2014
My responsibilities include: Maintaining the cleanliness of the store front, cash desks, bins and aisles, totes and wet pails. I also work cash, serving customers when needed. At the end of my shift I begin preparing for closing which includes; wiping and dusting the individuals bins, under sweeping bellow the bins, facing up products and moping the store floors.
I have learned great deal from working at Bulk Barn. My abilities to work confidently with a friendly staff and ensure that customers are being assisted with at all times has greatly improved. I was young when I began the job in 2007, and I feel as if my ability to work with others as a team and independently has improved my leadership skills. I have also learned the importance of inventory control, and supporting the needs of customers.
The co-workers at this job are what has kept me coming back every year. Not only is the store owner approachable, friendly and confident in his staff's abilities, this also shows within the management and staff working at this location. Our nature is to put the customer first and treat them with full respect and also to work together as a team in making this a happy workplace.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Not enough hours

Other Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Poorly run, Shows lack of respect for employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 November 2017
Attitude of no bonuses or benefits, your bonus is to keep your job.
Flip flop orders from head office
Unreal expectations for daily operations
Unqualified staff at head office and district level
No community involvement
Laughable
Stock clerk / cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2017
Bulk barn empress location offered one of my worst experiences working yet. You would be constantly pulled to the back and have your job threatened for absurd things such as getting to know your co workers. If youre not 15 minutes early , your “late” which is a complete joke of a rule , there is hardly any free room to do your position and you will ge constantly watched on cameras all day long as well as pesterred about things that you have no control over.
Pros
Coworkers are great to work with
Cons
Literally everything else