Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Working with people are wonderful . Difficult job
General Labourer/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Always working beyond your means.
Barley satisfied with hard work
Lots of physical work
Repetitive
Hard to move up within company
Very demanding of you
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not ever being complemented on hard work . Only what needs to be done next or better
Not a bad place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
I worked there part time for about 6 months. The people were good, the hours and the money weren't. I left because I needed something full time and was unable to get that due to my position.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2017
My favourite part time job by far. My boss was amazing. It was a good store to work at. I got a lot of hours while I was there, and my boss was easy to work with regarding vacation and taking time off
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
it's a great job, location is amazing where I work at, the whole team is amazing and sweet, The customer service you really get in front of with many different people and that's what makes the job pretty fun. Being Cashier has taught me a lot about managing money, time, on how to speak with customers and your co - workers as well.
Fun environment with great customers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 May 2017
Great job for a student with 6 classes per semester, flexible hours, great management, fun co workers. Hardest part about the job is carrying 60 pound bags of sugar.
Pros
Sample yummy snacks
Cons
Heavy lifting
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
Working at Bulkbarn was always an easy job. Was great for an afterschool job. Management was always easily contacted and they loved their employees and showed them when they have done an excellent job
productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario4 May 2017
a typical day at bulk barn doesn't stop, we have stock constantly being worked from 9 am to 5 pm and the cleaning starts until 9 pm, with customers coming in and out all day it is normally a fast paced environment. There's never something that can't be worked on. And on top of that were a very welcoming place of employment.
Pros
understanding towards your hours
Cons
some weeks hours get cut largely
Fun environment
Customer service and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement within company. Laid back environment, management is interesting. Safety and health not taken very seriously. Hours can be long with not many tasks to keep employees busy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, hours
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 May 2017
management was horrible. I have never worked for a more moody and unpersonable manager in my life.. rude to customers and staff.
owener and head office would do nothing about her after numerous complaints...very high staff turnover
Collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
A typical shift consisted of mainly cleaning and keeping the stock bins full. I was able to learn and experience what it was like to work in customer service as my first part-time job. The staff, customers and overall environment was very friendly and enjoyable. One of the difficult tasks is learning the numerical codes that each product is associated with.
freindly atmosphere, productive, clean
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 April 2017
I worked at the Bulk Barn for 2 1/2 years. My co-workers were fantastic and eager to lend a helping hand when needed. The customers that came into the Bulk Barn that I had worked at were mostly regulars.You'd grow to learn something new about your customers through interaction with them every time they would come into the store. Overall my experience as a customer/employee at the Bulk Barn is pretty great!
Pros
free treats from the boss
Cons
pay
Good
Cashier/Customer Service/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 1 year I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Great introduction into the workplace
Stock/Inventory/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON29 March 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 3 years I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Pros
Great coworkers, Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not many hours
Flexible and Great Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 March 2017
When I worked there I was a student. They were very flexible with my tough school and rep soccer schedule. The management and staff governed them self mostly without supervision and everything ran smoothly
Pros
Cons
low paying
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2017
Great people
Fun job
Multicultural
learned a lot about baking, nuts, candy
Get to help people plan for parties
get to learn a lot about different health concerns(gluten free)
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
lots of physical work
Good Work place friendly staff.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON16 March 2017
Great place to work, learned a lot of valuable skills. Management was amazing. Work environment was safe and comfortable. Enjoyed working with people and learning about customer service.
Bulk Barn
Cashier and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON16 March 2017
I worked at bulk barn for a couple years, and was moved from a part time worker to a supervisor. I received a slight pay raise and my day-to-day job also changed. It was difficult for me because at the time we were having staffing issues, and I ended up working way more than I should of been while in school. We were all a very close group of co-workers though, which made the job really fun and enjoyable. I learned lots of leadership skills, and also how to handle many tasks and responsibilities at once.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Too many hours
Both a job and a second home
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 March 2017
I have been a supervisor at Bulk Barn for almost 5 yeas and worked for the company almost 6 and honestly could not find a bad thing to say. Both at store level and in head office the people are amazing and so incredibly helpful, patient and kind.

They are always putting the customers first which makes for happy and healthy day to day for both the shopper and the staff which in my opinion is all you can ask for in any job.

A typical day at work is spent tending to both the store and the customers weather it be cleaning, filling, or working cash. There is always a task that can be worked on so you are never left standing around bored.

The hardest part of the job was learning the products and codes, but once you do it just becomes a reflex.

Needless to say, when I walk into work it isn't a place I dread going.. it is my happy place.
decent place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 March 2017
i enjoyed the job, but the supervisors at my location were not very good and broke a lot of rules. Their careless training and breaking of rules resulted in termination of my position.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
supervisors and managers did not care greatly about employees
Great Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
Great place to work, unicity location. fun and easy going. great place to work if you have a lot on your plate. not too stressful with a lot of team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulk Barn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8