Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my experance
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB18 February 2017
Being a general stocker, part-time, I enjoy how this job turned out. People were pleasant to work with. It is a good entry job for those wanting to try in life, i do not encourage it for those who slack. I learned managing product stocking, customer service, and janitorial skills. The job is also more self motivated base, not a lot of supervision.
Not bad can be better
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON13 February 2017
Wasn't to bad just the management their is bad, but they are super friendly god environment, as well good learning skills
Bulk Barn
Corporate Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON8 February 2017
Care about their employees
Great job for young single adults, difficult to have a home life with the extensive travel expected from corporate employees
Accepting and helpful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 February 2017
I was always made to feel like I belonged. The people whether cash, stock, or management were always kind and helpful. They made every question feel like it was a good question.
Productive Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
Bulk Barn is a fun place to work, but the down side to working here is having to clean everything everyday. I understand it has to be sanitary but once a day is fine not multiple times a day.

Other than that everything else was fun and I loved the other employee's.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Cleaning the bins, every single day
Unproductive and unappreciative workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
The hours were alright here and they were flexible when it came to school as well ad other part-time jobs, but the management was quite horrible. It was many times unclear of what was needed to be done, and who was to do the tasks. Although some people were great to work with, it was a very overall untrusting place.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Horrible management
Interesting people to work with, not very productive team.
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2017
When working at the location that I was employed at, I found the team was not as productive as they could be. Work was usually left for the night shifts to complete before closing. Everyone was nice to one another but the work habits were questionable.
Pros
Interesting experience
Cons
Unproductive coworkers
It's a good place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quebec26 January 2017
You get a 10% off on Mondays and if student you get a 10% off on wednesdays
There's tons of employee that are funny and are great to be around which makes your day better
Pros
Est New food
Cons
Short breaks
Part time job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2017
Was just a part time job. Offered no opportunity for advancement. Not a great job. Was in school while I was working there. No plans on returning at all.
my company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 January 2017
I was the best boss ever!!!!!!!!!!
This company is closed and this is silly! again the action of reviewing a company based on an individual opinion is not a legitimate way of understanding the situation he or she was placed in.
fun and relaxed over all great place to work if you are a college student
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  BC25 January 2017
I have learned so much in my 2 plus years at bulk barn, my customers are awesome and although we are on our 3rd manager in my few years us supervisors have stepped up and took on the challenge we survived. From learning all the different types of peanuts and other baking nuts, 100 plus flours, to our spice blends, candy, and gluten free options, 4000 + codes, and much, much more. If you hate cleaning this isnt the job for you. every staff member every shift is assigned at the least 1 cleaning task per day. But we are a team so we share all the repetitive cleaning. I do not wish to make this my career so not being able to move up after supervisor does not bother me at all since we do not offer assistant manager positions. Over all the company is great to work for it all depends on who your manager is and how far you wish to go with the company
Pros
customers and co workers are great
Cons
no advancement after store supervisor, minimum wage
nice people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS22 January 2017
extremely nice management, but on shipment days are very stressed and that makes everyone stressed. so management becomes a little up tight and is very hard to talk to when asking for a task to do around the store
Pros
good people
Cons
shipment days
awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 January 2017
amazing staff, great life skills, cleaning and stocking shelves, handling cash and returns, dealing with customers to help find their way, knowing the poduct codes in the store, being able to work as a team.
Pros
working with friendly staff and customers
Cons
not enough hours
Very helpful, family like environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2017
A typical day for me involved mostly cleaning and customer service. During the day I would be doing shelf cleaning, barrel lids, answering questions and any other tasks assigned to me.

I learned a lot of new skills there, including how to do cash, customer service, and boosting my time management skills. Management was very helpful, and very, very understanding, making it a pleasant place to be.

The hardest part for me was the beginning. Standing for long hours was something that took about two or three weeks to really get accustomed too, and was rather painful.

What I loved the most was interacting with customers, I loved the hustle and bustle of busy days, and enjoyed cash as well.

Overall, it was a very open loving place to work, and they did an amazing job at making sure I was comfortable and my needs were met.
Fast-paced and customer oriented environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
A typical work day included work on the cash registers, cleaning the store (barrels, shelves, cash registers, etc), filling stock products on delivery days and from overstock products kept in the backroom, organizing the backroom, putting products on display in visually appealing ways, facing products, and nightly cleaning (washing scoops, sweeping, mopping).
easy fun place to work
Shelf Stocker and product placer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bulk barn. Very respectable staff to work with. Very fun times here and always got some good advice from the funny and polite customers. I loved this job a lot
Pros
easy job
Cons
hard job
Great place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON9 January 2017
It was great working here, working on the responsibility of cleaning. Making sure everything is sanitary, working on learning the duties of a cashier. Knowing how to use my communication skills to help customers, how to deal with stressful situations or busy days and how to work as a team.
Fun work atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Rotating stock, Helping customer, cashing out customers.
learning about products, learning about better health choices.
Pros
fun, lots to do, get to see new and interesting products
Cons
minimum wage
Happy, productive environemt great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2017
Had a wonderful time working for this company, always had great coworkers, flexible schedule and interesting customers. Team building was very important, no one was ever left to do a job they felt they could not handle and the owner took great care of the employees
Low amounts of stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB8 January 2017
This was my first real job and this is where I first learnt about customer service. As I've always been a friendly person so learning about customer service was relatively easy.
Pros
Good experience

2.8