Bulk Barn

Bulk Barn Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable work with a fair atmospher
Supervisor (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: free cofee and tea provided daily
Cons: cleaning molasses and bulk peanutbutter
- open store, get cash registers ready/ deposits ready
-obtain head offices daily objectives as well as the franchisees daily tasks/goals
- ensure employees are performing correct tasks
-help customers with their individual needs
- very enjoyable due to staff atmosphere
- hardest part: dealing with repetitious questions from customers
Was easy to catch on since this was my second time resuming this job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: Was able to get time off when needed.
Cons: Didnt recieve enough weekly hours.
I easily picked up on all the skills and requirements that this job has because of the fact that I had worked with this company previously.
Very un organized
Store Merchandiser (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 12, 2015
The managers had very limited access to head office, so it was very hard to coordinate things properly and efficiently. I also had numerous occasions where my pay cheque was not correct and was missing hours. Mostly because of poor communication between supervisors and payroll.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 7, 2015
This was my first job and it is a great starting place for everyone. It teaches you hard work and helps you with memorization. I am able to remember numbers very easily and I credit that to working at the Bulk Barn
as
Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 25, 2015
lots of fun to be with the kids all the time but can get very tiring and you will never have enough sleep no matter how hard you try
Fun and interesting
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Erie OntarioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: learning about different products
I learned a lot working at the Bulk Barn, liked learning about a lot of the products in the store. Co workers and management were easy to get along with could ask anyone when u had a question about anything. Cashed out customers and cleaned on a daily basics.
Working At Bulk Barn
Cashier & Shelf Cleaner (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great staff, fast paced
Cons: managers, workload, salary
When I worked at Bulk Barn, there were more negatives then there were positives. To begin with, each shift at Bulk Barn required a heavy amount of cleaning on top of dealing with customers who came in. Cleaning the shelves, the buckets, counter tops, floors and utensils were difficult to keep up while being able to go on cash consistently. These jobs were constant in every shift. Although most of the time I can handle stress well, working at Bulk Barn was a heavy workload for not a decent pay. Despite the hardships, a benefit of working there was being able to work fast paced in order to get all tasks finished on time and perfecting that skill by the end of my employment there. My co-workers were also a huge part as to why Bulk Barn was a successful job. This is mainly because I was well trained and I was able to keep up with their level of leadership, as well as further developing my own. To conclude, although having a few benefits, Bulk Barn was a very horrible place to work due to the heavy workload, horrible salary, and terrible managers.
a work at your own pace environment
Shift Supervisor/Stock Boy (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day includes stocking orders and back stocking the rest in a clean and efficient way. The worst part of the job is cleaning at tyne end of the day, you WILL be expected to be bending over for 20 minutes every day sweeping under bins.
Great Beginning
Stock Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great staff
Typical day serving customers , prep and handling food and working on cash.
learnt to work in a stressful and fast paced environment
good co -workers
hardest part of the job taking out the compacted trash, and watching the management promote and have favouritisms based on their own ethnicity.
most enjoyable part of the job , Food and the co workers.
unhealthy workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
The company don't care about your heath. They don't help you lift heavy bags.
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2014
It was alright for the work you had to do there! The management though did get out of hand from time to time.
excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), toronto ontarioOctober 21, 2014
Cashier processing cash credit and debit transactions, inventory, stocking shelves pricing, completeing refunds and exchanges
Excellent atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee), Winkler, MBSeptember 3, 2014
As I had never been in retail before, I am happy to say the experience at Bulk Bulk was excellent.
Incredibly happy atmosphere and co-workers/Management.
Very busy environment.
lots of products to choose from
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 15, 2014
Pros: able to work with staff efficiently
clean store,helpful, friendly
customer orientated
fun co-workers
High paced environment with a great and hard working staff.
Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: not enough hours
My responsibilities include: Maintaining the cleanliness of the store front, cash desks, bins and aisles, totes and wet pails. I also work cash, serving customers when needed. At the end of my shift I begin preparing for closing which includes; wiping and dusting the individuals bins, under sweeping bellow the bins, facing up products and moping the store floors.
I have learned great deal from working at Bulk Barn. My abilities to work confidently with a friendly staff and ensure that customers are being assisted with at all times has greatly improved. I was young when I began the job in 2007, and I feel as if my ability to work with others as a team and independently has improved my leadership skills. I have also learned the importance of inventory control, and supporting the needs of customers.
The co-workers at this job are what has kept me coming back every year. Not only is the store owner approachable, friendly and confident in his staff's abilities, this also shows within the management and staff working at this location. Our nature is to put the customer first and treat them with full respect and also to work together as a team in making this a happy workplace.
Interesting facts from customers
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hawkesbury, ONMay 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: memorization of codes
The most interesting I learned from the different customers that came in. new recipes new health ingredients. A lot of improvement in French because of the location.Management and workers are easy to work with.
Warehouse Order Picker
Order Picker/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Richmond HillMay 14, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: management, pay, no chance of advancement
I worked in the distribution centre in Richmond hill, picking orders continuous heavy lifting , job was o.k ,co-workers are cool, the pay is low, theres no money there, management is a joke, no chance of advancement, this is a family run company so unless you are related to the owner ,or good friends with his family you will never go anywhere there, in desperate need of a UNION
Productive and outgoing team
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work is a 9-5 shift that includes cleaning the store, unloading shipments and cashing customers out. I learned how to become a team leader and how to train new employees. The management was very respectful and helpful to me. My co-workers were a lot of fun to be around and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was fitting school around my work schedule. And the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the public on a daily basis.
Scare-tactics, Nitpicking and Micro-management thought to be good
Stock (Current Employee), Red DeerApril 24, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: long hours. psychotic, dysfunctional feminist supervisors. low pay. ripped me off a few days of work on payday.
a typical day at Bulk Barn would be go in scared to death to talk to the supervisors. no guidance whatsoever, very little training, an abundance of nit-picking and the supervisors belittling any new meat to look proper in front of the store owners. the store owners would side with the supervisors to make face. LOADS of heavy lifting if your the only guy working any shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
I learned to never ask the supervisor anything.
Great fun staff
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough money, problems with management going in and out
I enjoyed helping the customers and staff accomplish daily tasks.

1 2 3 4