Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Dream Part Time Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 June 2017
I love my job. Co-workers and management is amazing. I was given the amazing opportunity to be introduced to many common workplace jobs (cashier, stock) and am constantly doing something different everyday. I love it.
This is a great job if you are learning in customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 June 2017
I've been here for just about a year and I really enjoy it, the people are nice and management is good, they are able to work around busy schedules, also when you request time off they are able to give it to you.
great place for someones first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2017
they give everyone a fair chance even if you have no previous work experience. they believe in helping every employee grow so that they can move up to be a supervisor. its a great place to learn hands on customer service and money handling which is essential at almost every job.
Great place to overcome challenges.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 June 2017
Bulk Barn is a fun and challenging workplace. I have worked there for 5 years as a supervisor and I love dealing with customers and my fellow workers. Sometimes there are conflicts and I love to figure out how to resolve them.
Just wasnt a place you want to work.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Co workers were nice & polite but eventually they fired every part time employee to replace them with two full time employees, without offering to bump anyone from part to full time first.
Good Environment
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 June 2017
Fellow employees are nice and friendly. Management is pretty friendly as well. The job involves a lot of cleaning due to exposed food. Inventory is filled on a daily basis. Very relaxing work pace when not busy during the week. Most customers are friendly as well due to it mostly being a family kind of store. (Close to a groshery store but not.)

The store is relatively small so it's not hard to remember where things are. However there are a lot of different products to memorize. Especially the 40+ Spices which only take up a small portion of the store.
Pros
Good hours, friendly staff, ralaxing work pace, Cute and comfy work shirts
Cons
No lunch room, lots of cleaning
Fun and Easy Part-Time Work
CASHIER, CLEANER AND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON31 May 2017
Working at Bulk Barn taught me how to interact with customers and become an extremely diligent worker under the supervision of fairly strict management.
Working with people are wonderful . Difficult job
General Labourer/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Always working beyond your means.
Barley satisfied with hard work
Lots of physical work
Repetitive
Hard to move up within company
Very demanding of you
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not ever being complemented on hard work . Only what needs to be done next or better
Not a bad place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
I worked there part time for about 6 months. The people were good, the hours and the money weren't. I left because I needed something full time and was unable to get that due to my position.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2017
My favourite part time job by far. My boss was amazing. It was a good store to work at. I got a lot of hours while I was there, and my boss was easy to work with regarding vacation and taking time off
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
it's a great job, location is amazing where I work at, the whole team is amazing and sweet, The customer service you really get in front of with many different people and that's what makes the job pretty fun. Being Cashier has taught me a lot about managing money, time, on how to speak with customers and your co - workers as well.
Fun environment with great customers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 May 2017
Great job for a student with 6 classes per semester, flexible hours, great management, fun co workers. Hardest part about the job is carrying 60 pound bags of sugar.
Pros
Sample yummy snacks
Cons
Heavy lifting
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
Working at Bulkbarn was always an easy job. Was great for an afterschool job. Management was always easily contacted and they loved their employees and showed them when they have done an excellent job
productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario4 May 2017
a typical day at bulk barn doesn't stop, we have stock constantly being worked from 9 am to 5 pm and the cleaning starts until 9 pm, with customers coming in and out all day it is normally a fast paced environment. There's never something that can't be worked on. And on top of that were a very welcoming place of employment.
Pros
understanding towards your hours
Cons
some weeks hours get cut largely
Fun environment
Customer service and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement within company. Laid back environment, management is interesting. Safety and health not taken very seriously. Hours can be long with not many tasks to keep employees busy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, hours
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 May 2017
management was horrible. I have never worked for a more moody and unpersonable manager in my life.. rude to customers and staff.
owener and head office would do nothing about her after numerous complaints...very high staff turnover
Collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
A typical shift consisted of mainly cleaning and keeping the stock bins full. I was able to learn and experience what it was like to work in customer service as my first part-time job. The staff, customers and overall environment was very friendly and enjoyable. One of the difficult tasks is learning the numerical codes that each product is associated with.
freindly atmosphere, productive, clean
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 April 2017
I worked at the Bulk Barn for 2 1/2 years. My co-workers were fantastic and eager to lend a helping hand when needed. The customers that came into the Bulk Barn that I had worked at were mostly regulars.You'd grow to learn something new about your customers through interaction with them every time they would come into the store. Overall my experience as a customer/employee at the Bulk Barn is pretty great!
Pros
free treats from the boss
Cons
pay
Good
Cashier/Customer Service/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 1 year I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Great introduction into the workplace
Stock/Inventory/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON29 March 2017
I was hired at Bulk Barn, my first formal job, at age 16. In the 3 years I have spent there, I have been surrounded by very helpful, patient people who taught me all of the small intricacies of my job and didn't give up on me when I would make a mistake. After 3 years, my punctuality, work ethic and professionalism at work have greatly improved, and I have learned a lot of life skills such as interacting with people in a professional manner,
Pros
Great coworkers, Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulk Barn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8