Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Productive work environment and steady work
Stock Person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 January 2018
All the staff are nice and outgoing and everyone works well with each other. Reliable co-workers Willing to help out if you need a hand. Lots of heavy lifting and product code memorization.
Pros
Boss treats all staff to group dinners for select occasions
Working at TimHortons VS Bulkbarn
Cashier/cleaner (Current Employee) –  SouthCommon14 January 2018
Having worked at a TimHortons, I understand what a fast paced / stressful environment is like and also what was expected of me while I worked there, maintaining a rhythm and making sure that I worked out any mistakes that arose quickly and efficiently.
At Bulkbarn I needed to learn a lot of codes and identifying differences of certain bulk products. During the fast seasons it gets pretty busy there so it is very important to always be certain that all products go through correctly.

Accuracy is key while speed comes in time is also very important to remember.
Pros
Very pleasant people to work with, lots of opportunities to grow and learn different things
Cons
Became very busy, stress there was a little different then the stress working at a TimHortons
Fun workplace, good people, no benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
The management is very friendly, the employees are welcoming and friendly. As a workplace its pretty low stakes. As a job, you get minimum, no benefits. Hours can be hard to come by, especially if you need the work.
Good, but not great
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2018
I worked at bulk barn for a year. I was cross trained on both cash and stock. For stock, it was a rather fun experience. You got to work in the back room with a small team of people that youd easily consider your friends. Cash however is a different story. If you take too long to find a code for a product, the customer and managment will get irritated. Keep in mind there are hundreds of codes all written in tiny font on a scroll. I was yelled at by the manager infront of customers for messing up a single code. If you have a very good memory and can deal with annoying customers and managment, this is the job for you.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun enviroment
Cons
Managment
It Depends on the Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2018
I loved my time there. My colleagues were fun people, and the manager and supervisors were all nice and approachable. I learned quite a bit about baking while I was working there, and I thought the customers in the area were always agreeable folk. After I quit, I heard that management changed and things haven't been the same since. Always talk to current employees about how they feel working somewhere before you seek a job there.
lots of team work
CASHIER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2018
lots of team work was need at Bulk Barn to close the store. Takes the effort of everyone to complete multiple tasks at once to be ready for close and then open the next day. Most enjoyable part was the night time closers did what they were told and, communication was well executed in order to complete the tasks.
Pros
Breaks are spaced nicely
Cons
Management could have more patience.
Working for food
Store Clerk (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 January 2018
Sweep & mop floors keep store clean
clean bins
weigh produce
help with customers
unload truck
stock shelves and rolling
fill bin up
keep track of produce
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
Alright place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB1 January 2018
It was a standard retail job, not any worse than someone could expect but not the most amazing job I've ever had. 6/10 wouldn't work there again but for someone in high school it's good
For Bulk Barn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON31 December 2017
My first month at Bulk Barn was good. I got along with everyone that worked there, My pay was 400$ or more. Than the Manager hired someone who has already worked at Bulk Barn before and the Manager started dropping everyone's hours and gave her more. My pay got cut back, I was being treated poorly. For my first ACTUAL job I was pretty let down over the outcome. I would have loved to have stayed there but not if i was working little time over the maximum of 200$ But with this experience i hope to find another better job that i will get respect at and better pay.
Pros
Good boss. Good costumers.
Cons
Short hours, Not enough pay, Bad manners.
Ambiance de travail chaleureux
Vendeur- Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC28 December 2017
Les clients sont illuminer par la variation des produits qu'on trouve dans les bacs et ils demandent souvent un échantillon
Pros
on peut grignoter gratuitement
Cons
salaire peu élevé
Fun workplace
Cashier/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 December 2017
Management was good but at times difficult to get anlong with, employees are very friendly and it is very easy to get to know each other at bulk barn.
Pros
Cheap candy
Cons
Rude people
worst job
Bulk Stock Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 December 2017
filled bins at Bulk Barn. heavy lifting with no help. the warehouse is filthy and they do not rotate the stock as much as they should. Management never wants to hear what you have to say. Bad management...and EVERYONE is given a management position. One woman can't help because she can't lift more than one bottle of pop at a time and cannot bend ...yet she can be seen on own time doing all sorts of lifting and bending.
Pros
nnone
Cons
everything
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 December 2017
During my time working at the school I have been given the
opportunity to learn new design and coding skills outside of
the classroom and be exposed to a web agency work
environment.
Good workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON15 December 2017
Had a great experience working at bulkbarn,.
If i could return i would but corporate wont re-hire people who have quit.
The manager is amazing and flexible.
Good Job to start off with
Front Store Cashier And Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
Days are generally very structured and for the most part seem to be repetitive so you know what to expect on most given days. Great overall experience and the customers are really friendly to interact with.
good
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS5 December 2017
fun job first job in Canada so good experience .very understanding people.management is best culture is good.

fun fun
good
good
fun
fun
good
enjoy
love
stocking bulk bin
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown,3 December 2017
restocked products all day. small area had to tay out of way of customers make sure popular products were kept full manager was very picky. new manager now she would be better to work for
Pros
kept me in shape
Cons
expencive medical plan
Organizational and cleanly
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2017
Set duties and time restrictions, reliable hours, great coworkers. Management accepting and considerate. Excellent teamwork and individual work. Lack of advancement.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
No advancement
Good work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 November 2017
Great work environment but manangment could use some work, manager is nice but is very critical in wrong situatation, example upset customers that aren’t happy with our customer service
Pros
Good ataff
Cons
Weak managment
Poorly run, Shows lack of respect for employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 November 2017
Attitude of no bonuses or benefits, your bonus is to keep your job.
Flip flop orders from head office
Unreal expectations for daily operations
Unqualified staff at head office and district level
No community involvement