Build-A-Bear Workshop

Build-A-Bear Workshop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun and uplifting place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 23, 2013
Pros: fun, friendly and creative staff
Cons: very strict sales expectations
*Enhance customer satisfaction and experience to maintain customer loyalty
*Provide step by step guidance to customers in order to satisfy the customer needs
A FUN ENVIRONMENT
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 19, 2013
A typical day at work was a Joy! The management of the workshop inspired me to be as warm,friendly with the customers,as I've ever been. My co-workers seemed 'hand-picked'.. to join me in the Fun experience. The hardest part of the job was the salary.
Awesome place to work! I loved working with the children and families that came in.
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 12, 2013
I would love to continue to work part-time at a place like Build-A-Bear. Very fun and creative job!
Great place to work at!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), mcallen, txApril 11, 2013
Staff was very friendly. No drama. Great place to work at if you love working with kids!
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: kids, fun environment, 15 or 30 min breaks, great management, not stressful, dream job
Cons: none to be honest
We greet guests and tell them how the bear building process works, then proceed to take them through it. I personally like to make sure each guest is happy and has fun at the workshop. I try making a personal connection with each child or adult by finding a common interest or compliment them about what bear they have chosen.

Stuffing bears, Greeting, – more... Stocking, Up at Register, Cleaning the store, Register are some of the jobs we do at the workshop.
I love it :) – less
I dont recommend this job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2013
Retail work is usually rough and this place didn't even pay very well for all they wanted out of their employees.
great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 29, 2013
loved working for a company that truly appreciates their employees.
Very Fun and a great second job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: fun, great relationships with coworkers
Cons: pay sucks
There is no typical day at work. You get to meet all kinds of people with all kinds of stories. This definietly a high energy place to work. A lot of fun!
Fun job but very stressful at times
Assistant Manager and Part-time associate (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMarch 20, 2013
Working at BABW was fun and stressful all at the same time. You got to be around kids and even adults on their birthdays and help them celebrate. You got to encourage kids to be as loud as they wanted to in the store. You also go to encourage those same loud kids to be creative and show their imaginations. Stress was when the line for the stuffer was – more... LONG. When you had a party taking longer than normal and another two parties that were going to start. The day before Valentine's was my favorite day...teasing the men who waited until the last minute to buy their girl a bear. :) – less
Learning and Growing
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee), JohannesburgMarch 11, 2013
Pros: international company
Cons: company growing
I was employeed as the Merchandising Coordinator and then given the task of running the warehouse. I self taught myself how to manage certain aspects of the position which i feel very confirdent about, as it was the first time in Retail.

I have great co-workers who all pull together when deadlines need to be meet.
Fun and energetic workplace!
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, working with kids and adults, awesome benifits
A place where you get to make guests' days by helping them make their perfect animal. Great co-workers who are enthusiastic and fun to be around, and who are willing to help out each other. You learn a lot about team work and how to work with guests to make their experience an awesome one.
fun and exciting place to work..
Master Bear Builder (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 11, 2013
great plce for kids and adults, alot of imagination is required and patience and a strong love for kids.
Ast Workshop Manager
cash handle
party calls
Fun working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 6, 2013
Its a very fast paced environment,great family atmosphere and theres never a dull moment. There is always something to do even if it does die down. The management and co-workers are very helpful,polite and care for you as if you were family, which I LOVE :).
fun workplace,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: being able to have fun, making kids smile
Cons: healthcare
- stuffed teddy bears, keeping store neat and tidy
- learned alot about different ppl and how you change someones days
- management was always on top of things
- co-workers were like family
- hardest part was hearing about the sick children
- most enjoyable was helping change a childs life one child at a time
It's.... okay, (I guess)
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: not really.... maybe meet some good people.
Cons: not enough hours, poor pay, short breaks.
How do I start? The management is POOR. Too many people and no hours AND they are hiring more people. The managers show favoritism with no shame at all which puts you in a place where you're basically "competing" to stay there. Unless you are one of their favorites, you will not get enough hours. Some co-workers are starting to notice that and they're – more... not very happy. This place is good if you have people that can take care of you. If not, you HAVE to have another job or you will starve.
I don't like that they are constantly pushing you to sell the sounds, scents, heartbeats, gift cards. They don't get that some people are not willing to pay the over priced stuff of the store.

Some customers are HANDFUL and snotty. Others are the nicest people you'll ever meet. I don't like that you have to say no to tips offered by customers. – less
Exciting workplace
Bear Builder (Current Employee), Montebello, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: meeting and helping new people everyday
Cons: short breaks
I go into work and I always meet new people. I learned so much here about retail and how it works. It's a very interesting work place. I basically help children make new friends and in the end it's very rewarding. I gained more patience working here. The managers are very kind to each and every person. They are willing to help you if you don't understand – more... something right away. My co-workers are all amazing and I love working with them. The hardest part of my job is to see an unsatisfied costumer. I try my best to help everyone that needs assistance. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping children make new friends and meeting people everyday. – less
very fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, MOJanuary 8, 2013
this had a very fun atmosphere with very good co workers and people who really love their job,
Best Job I ever had
Bear Builder (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IADecember 16, 2012
This was my first official job. Great management. Friendly fun, energetic staff. Management willing to work around your schedule. Always wanting you to never stop learning and growing as a person. Very caring people and management.
Marketing Scheme
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Random Town, NYNovember 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch and bus tickets at christmas, friendly customers, get to make kids happy
Cons: expected to be pushy with customers, no life, bad hours, management indifference, poor compensation, no benifits, rude adults
Soulless job. One big marketing scheme to get people to spend money. Sales people expected to be very pushy. It's all about the up-sell. Sell the bear, sell the sound, sell the scent, sell the beating heart, sell at least 5 items of clothing per bear. Sell the gift card sell the backpack. But oh no - it doesn't end there. Build a bear continues the – more... experience with an on-line game which is designed only to get customers back into the store to spend even more money. Difficult to make all the up-sales. Company will cut available hours if you don't. – less

About Build-A-Bear Workshop

The Build-A-Bear Workshop covers the "bear" necessities and much more. Located mainly in malls, the company's stores allow kids – Read more