Build-A-Bear Workshop

Build-A-Bear Workshop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An enjoyable place to work
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2014
The warehouse ships to all of the stores in Canada and the US every week. It is a physically demanding job but is very satisfying. The management is very fair and reasonable. The hardest part of this job is the summer heat.
Productive, fun, and quick pace.
Day Bear Builder (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 4, 2014
Making sure the store looked sharp at all times, always greeting guests and asking if they would like to see certain items. My managers were always great and encouraging, my co-workers certainly made the job easier, and helped me learn the hardest part of the job which was stuff the bear evenly. My favorite part was seeing the kid's expression when – more... they got their bear. – less
A good job when 16 years old for some extra money
Bear Builder (Sales Assistant) (Former Employee), BournemouthJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time here. I learnt how to work with lots of different audiences as the service was mainly involving working with children. The management was on a very small scale as mainly supervisors to assist and no actual managers usually present. Co-workers were nice and of my age.
fun place to work
asm (Former Employee), telfordJune 4, 2014
Targets and goals
Motivated co-workers
Management skills
Fortune's Greatest Places to Work
Director of Store Operations (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2014
6 years in a row! Good company, strong heart, store and corporate teams strive to be the "beary" best. Changing direction with new company leadership but outlook is good.
Making Best friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 28, 2014
Build-a-Bear workshop is an amazing place to work at. I love how there was so much energy every single day I would walk in. I consider them my family and always will.
Very fun and outgoing enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), 7700 east kellogg driveApril 28, 2014
I loved working with the kids and making sure they had a fun time
not bad
na (Current Employee), naApril 14, 2014
Pros: the regulars, co-workers, benefits & pay
Cons: no room for advancement, store closings
Great company but no opportunity for advancement. Learned an amazing amount of things from this company.
Play with a Purpose!
Management (Former Employee), USAApril 10, 2014
Ten years... WOW...Got to love children, play, and multitask.
Best job...
Fun Workplace
Stock replenishment, Merchandising, General (Former Employee), SheffieldApril 8, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: late payments
A typical day at Build-A-Bear would be fun and cheery. Excellent customer service and patience is essential as it is working with children. Working with children is the most enjoyable part of the job as their face just lights up when their bear comes to life. The down side to this job was the late payments.
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, employee discount
Cons: insufficient hours
Working at Build-A-Bear workshop, I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and interact with people of all ages. I learned how to better communicate with young children and their families. The management team was always professional and very helpful. Hours were minimal due to the season, but it was very easy to balance school and – more... a family. The hardest part of the job was perfecting the special sewing technique. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a wide age range of people on a daily basis and the relationships I formed with the guests. – less
Loved it!
Associate Workshop Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 1, 2014
This was my first job and I loved it! Such a great, fun place to work! The managers there are the best!
Fun Job During College
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Victor, NYMarch 25, 2014
This was a great experience during college, as I worked first-hand with diverse groups of children.
Praises
Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
This is where I used my interpersonal skills to communicate well with the customers. My retail skills to this job aren't great. But my personality gives the customer a means of communicating to not just another employee focused on the money (though my pay is regulated by the progression of the sales of the previous week), it made them feel as a means – more... of friendship. This makes them not only come once and as a reoccurring entry. Because though the sales are important in retail, treating the person as a person is key to promote sales – less
Slow and Boring
Christmas Temp (Former Employee), GlasgowMarch 2, 2014
I didn't enjoy this position. Slow days and was send home few times as shop was so empty.
Fun job and work enviorment
Assistant Chief Workshop Manager/Day Maker (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced and easy to do.
Cons: management would pressure sales onto little kids through parents.
Ideas and creativity are always appreciated and encouraged.
It is a fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: having fun with the customers while working
Cons: short breaks
I have learned a lot at my job . it may have had their ups and down but over all it is a fun job. you meet great people and you learned from each other. like different ways of just saying hi or handling difficult situations.
Very fun place to work!
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Douglasville, GADecember 22, 2013
A typical day at work was very upbeat. we were pretty much always busy. making a child smile by stuffing their bear was what made the job worth while The management at Build A Bear was EXCELLENT! The downfall to the job was that the hours just aren't there.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Billings, MTDecember 21, 2013
I learned a lot about how to handle customers of all ages from 6 months-66 years old or older. I enjoyed building bears for all the children and people and seeing them smile after receiving it. All the co-workers there are such nice people! They will do whatever they can to make a customer happy.
fun to work with kids
Floor Leader (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 12, 2013
our guests were the best and the birthday parties were a blast to do (most of the time!)

About Build-A-Bear Workshop

You Are Not Born a Bear, You Become One Build-A-Bear Workshop® brings the teddy bear to life, by bringing love, hugs, and – Read more

Build-A-Bear Workshop Photos