Build-A-Bear Workshop

Build-A-Bear Workshop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely fun atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: fun, family feel
Cons: you need lots of energy to keep up with the children
You get to have fun and "Play" with purpose all day. You learn to have fun while still doing your job without feeling like it's "Work"
Energetic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 27, 2013
This retail environment requires high energy employees who can engage with young children to older adults. Willingness to be unconventional is a must, as well as a passion for selling.
Wonderful and extreamly enjoyable work environment
Master Bear Builder (Current Employee), square oneFebruary 7, 2013
There is a wonderful training program in place. The co-workers are friendly and always make the workday activities as enjoyable as possible. You can tell the build a bear cares about the people who work for them, and in return they get happy and dedicated workers.
Super Fun Work Place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West EdmontonMay 3, 2012
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
If your a full time student looking to have a job that will bend around your school hours and exam times than look no further! Build a Bear is a great place to work with all of the happy and friendly co-workers! I mean that everyone that works there is friends! So if your looking for a great part time job and love children and have lots of energy than – more... look no further this is the place for you!

A typical day at work is : min 3.5hours all the way up to 8 hours depending and the amount of energy that you show on floor. YOu switch stations a lot so that no one gets boatd and everyone interacts with the guests to develop a picuture in their minds of the store to make them want to come back. You usually get your brake at the 3 hour mark so that your do not burn out by going on a brake to early.

The Best part of the job: The people that not only work there but the guests and the children !

The hardest part of the job: doing at 80 kids party and having the daycare staff not telling us! But don't worry we can still handled it – less
Fun Workplace, excellent environment and people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Estero, FLJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be managing a group of 5-6 employees, assisting customers. I've learned how to do payroll, schedule employees. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people I work with and working with the guests.
Fun place to work, wonderful people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 18, 2014
At this job, I have had to interact with customers, making sure they find everything they want and keep them happy in a child-friendly environment. We value sales with smiles at Build-A-Bear, and try to brighten every individual customers day. Also at Build-A-Bear, we have to work the Point Of Sales system, lead and book parties, stock the store often, – more... do nightly clean up duties, operate the stuffing machine, and draw in customers. I believe one of the most important things is to provide the customers with outstanding service. Management is good and promotes a 'family' feeling within the store. The hardest part of working here is having to lead large parties and keep tons of kids together, happy, and entertained at once. I most enjoy helping returning guests and making both the children and adults happy. – less
An enjoyable place to work
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2014
The warehouse ships to all of the stores in Canada and the US every week. It is a physically demanding job but is very satisfying. The management is very fair and reasonable. The hardest part of this job is the summer heat.
Productive, fun, and quick pace.
Day Bear Builder (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 4, 2014
Making sure the store looked sharp at all times, always greeting guests and asking if they would like to see certain items. My managers were always great and encouraging, my co-workers certainly made the job easier, and helped me learn the hardest part of the job which was stuff the bear evenly. My favorite part was seeing the kid's expression when – more... they got their bear. – less
A good job when 16 years old for some extra money
Bear Builder (Sales Assistant) (Former Employee), BournemouthJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time here. I learnt how to work with lots of different audiences as the service was mainly involving working with children. The management was on a very small scale as mainly supervisors to assist and no actual managers usually present. Co-workers were nice and of my age.
fun place to work
asm (Former Employee), telfordJune 4, 2014
Targets and goals
Motivated co-workers
Management skills
Fortune's Greatest Places to Work
Director of Store Operations (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2014
6 years in a row! Good company, strong heart, store and corporate teams strive to be the "beary" best. Changing direction with new company leadership but outlook is good.
Making Best friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 28, 2014
Build-a-Bear workshop is an amazing place to work at. I love how there was so much energy every single day I would walk in. I consider them my family and always will.
Very fun and outgoing enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), 7700 east kellogg driveApril 28, 2014
I loved working with the kids and making sure they had a fun time
not bad
na (Current Employee), naApril 14, 2014
Pros: the regulars, co-workers, benefits & pay
Cons: no room for advancement, store closings
Great company but no opportunity for advancement. Learned an amazing amount of things from this company.
Play with a Purpose!
Management (Former Employee), USAApril 10, 2014
Ten years... WOW...Got to love children, play, and multitask.
Best job...
Fun Workplace
Stock replenishment, Merchandising, General (Former Employee), SheffieldApril 8, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: late payments
A typical day at Build-A-Bear would be fun and cheery. Excellent customer service and patience is essential as it is working with children. Working with children is the most enjoyable part of the job as their face just lights up when their bear comes to life. The down side to this job was the late payments.
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, employee discount
Cons: insufficient hours
Working at Build-A-Bear workshop, I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and interact with people of all ages. I learned how to better communicate with young children and their families. The management team was always professional and very helpful. Hours were minimal due to the season, but it was very easy to balance school and – more... a family. The hardest part of the job was perfecting the special sewing technique. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a wide age range of people on a daily basis and the relationships I formed with the guests. – less
Loved it!
Associate Workshop Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 1, 2014
This was my first job and I loved it! Such a great, fun place to work! The managers there are the best!
Fun Job During College
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Victor, NYMarch 25, 2014
This was a great experience during college, as I worked first-hand with diverse groups of children.
Praises
Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
This is where I used my interpersonal skills to communicate well with the customers. My retail skills to this job aren't great. But my personality gives the customer a means of communicating to not just another employee focused on the money (though my pay is regulated by the progression of the sales of the previous week), it made them feel as a means – more... of friendship. This makes them not only come once and as a reoccurring entry. Because though the sales are important in retail, treating the person as a person is key to promote sales – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Build-A-Bear Workshop

You Are Not Born a Bear, You Become One Build-A-Bear Workshop® brings the teddy bear to life, by bringing love, hugs, and – Read more

Build-A-Bear Workshop Photos