Build-A-Bear Workshop Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB12 September 2016
A typical day at work would've been coming into work and going onto the floor, making yourself approachable to customers who might walk in. Most of the time, you're assisting customers with personalizing the bear they picked out, stuffing it up for them, helping pick out clothes, etc. At that job I learned that making sales is easy when you have an approachable attitude towards the job and the customers. I had a wonderful head manager there who really cared about her workers. My co-workers were mostly friendly and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the chaos (especially on weekends). The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely meeting all the little kids and helping make their day.
Pros
Kids
BEARific
Bear Builder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2015
Even if you are in a bad mood before work, you know your day will turn around as you walk in the door. Knowing that I have the ability to put a smile on someones face helps put a smile on my face. The staff are awesome and tend to always work together, which in important.
Fun and Exciting
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 June 2015
Always Fun, Management was always interactive and welcoming of comments on how to improve, Co-workers were amazing and I made some life-long friends
okay
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2015
was alright nothing special that really happened at this job , lots of kids and kid music so make sure your mentally prepared to handle all of that
Pros
snacks in the back
Cons
annoying
Great co workers but demanding hours
Party Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2014
Management was great and they finally got rid of the bad district manager. Co workers are super friendly and open
Had to be cheerful your who,e shift which takes a lot out of you
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad music
Fun energetic workplace working with kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2013
Assisted customers through the process of the store, helped parents and children with making bears and choosing clothes for them, processed sales, kept the store clean and stocked.
Pros
Close to food and shopping
Cons
Random hours all over the place
Extremely fun atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2013
You get to have fun and "Play" with purpose all day. You learn to have fun while still doing your job without feeling like it's "Work"

Pros
Fun, Family feel
Cons
You need lots of energy to keep up with the children
Energetic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 April 2013
This retail environment requires high energy employees who can engage with young children to older adults. Willingness to be unconventional is a must, as well as a passion for selling.
Wonderful and extreamly enjoyable work environment
Master Bear Builder (Current Employee) –  square one7 February 2013
There is a wonderful training program in place. The co-workers are friendly and always make the workday activities as enjoyable as possible. You can tell the build a bear cares about the people who work for them, and in return they get happy and dedicated workers.
Fast paced retail environment working with children and families
Retail (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 November 2012
I enjoy Build a Bear very much because of the day to day interaction with children and their families. It can be challenging as I often have large groups of children with multiple demands. The look on their faces is my reward. My co-workers are great. We have a lot of fun and great teamwork. The management at Build a Bear is very supportive and helpful when I have questions.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
limited hours