Build-A-Bear Workshop

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
BEARific
Bear Builder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2015
Even if you are in a bad mood before work, you know your day will turn around as you walk in the door. Knowing that I have the ability to put a smile on someones face helps put a smile on my face. The staff are awesome and tend to always work together, which in important.
Fun and Exciting
Associate (Former Employee) –  DublinJune 17, 2015
Always Fun, Management was always interactive and welcoming of comments on how to improve, Co-workers were amazing and I made some life-long friends
okay
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
was alright nothing special that really happened at this job , lots of kids and kid music so make sure your mentally prepared to handle all of that
Pros
snacks in the back
Cons
annoying
Great co workers but demanding hours
Party Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2014
Management was great and they finally got rid of the bad district manager. Co workers are super friendly and open
Had to be cheerful your who,e shift which takes a lot out of you
Pros
good discount
Cons
bad music
Fun energetic workplace working with kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 13, 2013
Assisted customers through the process of the store, helped parents and children with making bears and choosing clothes for them, processed sales, kept the store clean and stocked.
Pros
close to food and shopping
Cons
random hours all over the place
Energetic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 27, 2013
This retail environment requires high energy employees who can engage with young children to older adults. Willingness to be unconventional is a must, as well as a passion for selling.
Wonderful and extreamly enjoyable work environment
Master Bear Builder (Current Employee) –  square oneFebruary 7, 2013
There is a wonderful training program in place. The co-workers are friendly and always make the workday activities as enjoyable as possible. You can tell the build a bear cares about the people who work for them, and in return they get happy and dedicated workers.
Fast paced retail environment working with children and families
Retail (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 1, 2012
I enjoy Build a Bear very much because of the day to day interaction with children and their families. It can be challenging as I often have large groups of children with multiple demands. The look on their faces is my reward. My co-workers are great. We have a lot of fun and great teamwork. The management at Build a Bear is very supportive and helpful when I have questions.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
limited hours
Super Fun Work Place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West EdmontonMay 3, 2012
If your a full time student looking to have a job that will bend around your school hours and exam times than look no further! Build a Bear is a great place to work with all of the happy and friendly co-workers! I mean that everyone that works there is friends! So if your looking for a great part time job and love children and have lots of energy than look no further this is the place for you!

A typical day at work is : min 3.5hours all the way up to 8 hours depending and the amount of energy that you show on floor. YOu switch stations a lot so that no one gets boatd and everyone interacts with the guests to develop a picuture in their minds of the store to make them want to come back. You usually get your brake at the 3 hour mark so that your do not burn out by going on a brake to early.

The Best part of the job: The people that not only work there but the guests and the children !

The hardest part of the job: doing at 80 kids party and having the daycare staff not telling us! But don't worry we can still handled it
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough hours