Build-A-Bear Workshop

Build-A-Bear Workshop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely fun atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: fun, family feel
Cons: you need lots of energy to keep up with the children
You get to have fun and "Play" with purpose all day. You learn to have fun while still doing your job without feeling like it's "Work"
Wonderful and extreamly enjoyable work environment
Master Bear Builder (Current Employee), square oneFebruary 7, 2013
There is a wonderful training program in place. The co-workers are friendly and always make the workday activities as enjoyable as possible. You can tell the build a bear cares about the people who work for them, and in return they get happy and dedicated workers.
Super Fun Work Place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West EdmontonMay 3, 2012
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
If your a full time student looking to have a job that will bend around your school hours and exam times than look no further! Build a Bear is a great place to work with all of the happy and friendly co-workers! I mean that everyone that works there is friends! So if your looking for a great part time job and love children and have lots of energy than – more... look no further this is the place for you!

A typical day at work is : min 3.5hours all the way up to 8 hours depending and the amount of energy that you show on floor. YOu switch stations a lot so that no one gets boatd and everyone interacts with the guests to develop a picuture in their minds of the store to make them want to come back. You usually get your brake at the 3 hour mark so that your do not burn out by going on a brake to early.

The Best part of the job: The people that not only work there but the guests and the children !

The hardest part of the job: doing at 80 kids party and having the daycare staff not telling us! But don't worry we can still handled it – less
not bad
na (Current Employee), naApril 14, 2014
Pros: the regulars, co-workers, benefits & pay
Cons: no room for advancement, store closings
Great company but no opportunity for advancement. Learned an amazing amount of things from this company.
Play with a Purpose!
Management (Former Employee), USAApril 10, 2014
Ten years... WOW...Got to love children, play, and multitask.
Best job...
Fun Workplace
Stock replenishment, Merchandising, General (Former Employee), SheffieldApril 8, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: late payments
A typical day at Build-A-Bear would be fun and cheery. Excellent customer service and patience is essential as it is working with children. Working with children is the most enjoyable part of the job as their face just lights up when their bear comes to life. The down side to this job was the late payments.
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, employee discount
Cons: insufficient hours
Working at Build-A-Bear workshop, I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and interact with people of all ages. I learned how to better communicate with young children and their families. The management team was always professional and very helpful. Hours were minimal due to the season, but it was very easy to balance school and – more... a family. The hardest part of the job was perfecting the special sewing technique. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a wide age range of people on a daily basis and the relationships I formed with the guests. – less
Loved it!
Associate Workshop Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 1, 2014
This was my first job and I loved it! Such a great, fun place to work! The managers there are the best!
Fun Job During College
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Victor, NYMarch 25, 2014
This was a great experience during college, as I worked first-hand with diverse groups of children.
Praises
Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
This is where I used my interpersonal skills to communicate well with the customers. My retail skills to this job aren't great. But my personality gives the customer a means of communicating to not just another employee focused on the money (though my pay is regulated by the progression of the sales of the previous week), it made them feel as a means – more... of friendship. This makes them not only come once and as a reoccurring entry. Because though the sales are important in retail, treating the person as a person is key to promote sales – less
Slow and Boring
Christmas Temp (Former Employee), GlasgowMarch 2, 2014
I didn't enjoy this position. Slow days and was send home few times as shop was so empty.
Fun job and work enviorment
Assistant Chief Workshop Manager/Day Maker (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced and easy to do.
Cons: management would pressure sales onto little kids through parents.
Ideas and creativity are always appreciated and encouraged.
It is a fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: having fun with the customers while working
Cons: short breaks
I have learned a lot at my job . it may have had their ups and down but over all it is a fun job. you meet great people and you learned from each other. like different ways of just saying hi or handling difficult situations.
Very fun place to work!
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Douglasville, GADecember 22, 2013
A typical day at work was very upbeat. we were pretty much always busy. making a child smile by stuffing their bear was what made the job worth while The management at Build A Bear was EXCELLENT! The downfall to the job was that the hours just aren't there.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Billings, MTDecember 21, 2013
I learned a lot about how to handle customers of all ages from 6 months-66 years old or older. I enjoyed building bears for all the children and people and seeing them smile after receiving it. All the co-workers there are such nice people! They will do whatever they can to make a customer happy.
fun to work with kids
Floor Leader (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 12, 2013
our guests were the best and the birthday parties were a blast to do (most of the time!)
Wonderful Guests
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: memories, fun
Cons: hours..thats it!
I'm currently still here as a seasonal and I love it.
of course hours are horrible, but that's a mall job for you.
Co-workers are amazing, management is amazing.

But the best part of working here is the wonderful guests. I love hearing their stories and being apart of their day. They always make my day:)
Very fun an fast paced enviornment.
Bear Builder (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2013
Very energetic place to work! Awesome staff and there is not a dull moment!
Very fun and rewarding place to work.
Sales Associate/ Associate Manager (Former Employee), Livingston, NJOctober 4, 2013
I love this job its a fun place to work especially if you love kids. there's always parties and you have to entertained the children. It's a very rewarding to see how happy a child get when they get a new bear.
Exciting fun workplace.
Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2013
This is a great workplace I interacted with customers on a daily basis. I learned how to build bears and work in fast paced environment. I loved seeing a the children that came into the store happy and satisfied.

1 2 3 4

About Build-A-Bear Workshop

The Build-A-Bear Workshop covers the "bear" necessities and much more. Located mainly in malls, the company's stores allow kids – Read more