BUHLER FURNITURE Employee Reviews

productive,creative work place
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Nice,creative work place. A lot of connections with a design world, amazing furniture - easy to sell. I've got an opportunity to be my own boss and work as I see best.
Pros
intelligent and challenging job
Cons
You need a lot of patience
Ower difficult to work with
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg9 March 2015
Co-workers were great to work with. The place lacks leadership. Travel was great. Owner was changing his mind on direction of the company and is very difficult for the office staff to work in that enviroment.
nice work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2014
fork lifting hard work but i like that lots of paper work
was good place to work need more pay
Cons
Successful business, worked with great colleagues not so great management
Customer service representative- Office duties (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2013
A day at Buhler Furniture would consist of answering phones, looking up customers orders in our AS400 system.
The main reasons for customers calling would be:
When will my furniture get delivered
What is the production date on certain items
Why has my product not been made yet
During my time at Buhler I really learnt how to deal with customers so that they would be satisfied when we were done the conversation. I was able to due this, by knowing the product and being aware of what was going on daily in the factory. I also learnt AS400 software. This software is from the early 90's, confusing, but a little time and effort and it became very easy to navigate.
Management was great at times, and not so great at other times.
I very much got along with all my co-workers, they were amazing to work with, had no problem stopping what they were doing to lend a helping hand, which made it a pleasure to help them out in time of need.
The hardest part of my job would have to be the turn over rate. I love training and getting to know new people, but having a person almost all trained and then management would let them go it was a bit trying at times.
The part I enjoyed most about my job is that I had a great deal of responsibilities. I felt like I had a role in which my job became very satisfying.
Pros
Free parking, catered lunches
Cons
office gossip
Enjoyable place to work, friendly co-workers .
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2012
Typical day started at 7:00 first thing was a walk around checking on equipment, plant heating and talk with operators and supevisors.Hardest part of the job was the early morning drive . The job to me was very stisfying in that soon after management found out that there was little that I could not do, they left the total responsibility of plant and building maintenance up to me including the purchasing of necessary repair parts. I learned years ago that if one approches each day with a positive attitude, things just go much better.
Pros
recognition for your contribution to the company
Cons
forty five minute drive in traffic to and from work