Buffet Royale Carvery Employee Reviews

Needs to improve hours and pay.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2017
I don't like how they take money out of the server's pay cheque if the customers don't give enough tips. So if the customer doesn't leave a tip, it gets taken out of the servers pay. Servers barely make enough hours in week to top it off.

I've seen so many workers leave in the short amount of time I've worked there. It was very uncoordinated. And it was mostly under staffed. Managers mostly just stand there expecting the servers do everything.

Also, there were dead mice in confined spaces between the fridges and counters. It was disgusting and everyone acted like it was no big deal.
Pros
Employees are nice people.
Cons
Working for short hours, underappreciated, and barely making a decent living wage
Fun work place with enthousiastic people
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
It's a place that gives you the envy of working by how they treat you. you learn quickly and they support you a lot. the personal is great and when I first came there I did not know the culture and the language very well so they supported me with that too.
good
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2016
manager is very nice, everybody is very accepting and kind, co-workers are nice and a pleasure to work with. hardest part of the job is being the host but overall it is an excellent store.
Pros
you can eat there before or after work
Cons
nothing
Only good to get started
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2015
Management cares but owners do not. You need to pay when a table walks out so you lose money and sometimes if its slow you can lose $50 just by working!!
fun place to work
server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2015
I enjoyed working at buffet royale. Although the management was very unprofessional, the place was clean and friendly. I enjoyed working overtime hours and learning new areas of the workplace.
Pros
overtime hours
Cons
unprofessional management