Senior Software Developer - Ruby on Rails
Buffalo, NY, Working remote is possible.
You should have a track record of expertise in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of software optimized for large scale environments. You thrive on learning and applying new technologies. You’re capable of managing your time well and working efficiently and independently. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- At least 3 years of professional experience.
- Expertise in developing high-quality, object-oriented code in PHP and Zend, Ruby on Rails, or Node.js deployed on Linux/Unix.
- Well-versed in automated testing with experience using test frameworks.
- Strong system and application troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to agile development practices and software (Rally, Jira, Pivotal Tracker)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building distributed, real time systems capable of processing very large volumes of requests.
- Experience with Paas or Iaas (heroku,joyent,Amazon Web Services).
- Exposure to Hadoop, MapReduce, and related NoSQL distributed systems technologies.
- Experience with ORM technologies.
What we offer:
- Flexable work hours
- Competitive compensation package
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- health, dental, vision for all employees and eligible dependents
Keywords: Ruby, Rails, PHP, software, engineer, Doctrine,Cucumber,Zend,phpunit, CentOS, Linux,Senior Software Engineer, node.js
Indeed - 21 months ago