Are you passionate about fashion and looking for a new challenge?
Here is your opportunity to join a dynamic team!
Buffalo David Bitton, a major Montreal-based private company, is currently seeking new talent to join his team! We are currently looking for a Men’s Fashion Designer:
- Develop and execute product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
- Produce cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples to help sell concepts to merchants.
- Prepare line and presentation material for line previews and buys meetings including color boards, concept boards, print and story boards.
- Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction.
- Partner with Product Manager in set-up and presenting to divisions at line previews and buy meetings for area of responsibility.
- Shop the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, and trade).
- Regularly shop the retail markets seeking new merchandise/trend ideas.
- Responsible for creating and distributing fabric development packages.
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages and request sales samples.
- Select and approve styles, materials, trims and colors that fit into the program and style plans.
- Review development samples.
- Maintain relationships with technical designers, merchants and divisions to exchange ideas, leverage expertise and streamline the process.
- Review merchandise performance by program and style (Best Seller Meetings).
- Communicate regularly with product management to gather input and share line development direction.
- Assist in identifying the key programs that comprise each classification.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility.
- Attend fit sessions to review and approve counter samples for design silhouette.
- Select and approve trims, materials, patterns and colors.
- Responsible for tracking and approving lab dips.
- College degree or Bachelor degree in Design
- 2 years’ experience in fashion design. Experience with sweaters is a plus
- Proficient skills in Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload according to deadlines
- Team player
If you are interested in working for us, please send us your CV. Thank you for your interest!
Since launching in 1985, Buffalo David Bitton has revolutionized the denim industry.
What started as a small denim company founded by...