Are you passionate about fashion and looking for a new challenge?
Here is your opportunity to join a dynamic team!
Buffalo David Bitton, a major Montreal-based private company, is currently seeking new talent to join his team! We are currently looking for a Men’s Fashion Designer:
- Develop and execute product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
- Produce cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples to help sell concepts to merchants.
- Prepare line and presentation material for line previews and buys meetings including color boards, concept boards, print and story boards.
- Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction.
- Partner with Product Manager in set-up and presenting to divisions at line previews and buy meetings for area of responsibility.
- Shop the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, and trade).
- Regularly shop the retail markets seeking new merchandise/trend ideas.
- Responsible for creating and distributing fabric development packages.
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages and request sales samples.
- Select and approve styles, materials, trims and colors that fit into the program and style plans.
- Review development samples.
- Maintain relationships with technical designers, merchants and divisions to exchange ideas, leverage expertise and streamline the process.
- Review merchandise performance by program and style (Best Seller Meetings).
- Communicate regularly with product management to gather input and share line development direction.
- Assist in identifying the key programs that comprise each classification.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility.
- Attend fit sessions to review and approve counter samples for design silhouette.
- Select and approve trims, materials, patterns and colors.
- Responsible for tracking and approving lab dips.
- College degree or Bachelor degree in Design
- 2 years’ experience in fashion design. Experience with sweaters is a plus
- Proficient skills in Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload according to deadlines
- Team player
If you are interested in working for us, please send us your CV. Thank you for your interest!
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since launching in 1985, Buffalo David Bitton has revolutionized the denim industry.
What started as a small denim company founded by...