Exclusive representation - up to 100K (+)
Our client is a leading manufacturer with world class operations. Due to strong growth and the increasing globalization of its operations, they are seeking to hire a Manager, Trade/Customs Compliance.
Your experience and proven track record within the automotive industry sector will be a strong factor in determining their interest level. It is essential that all candidates come from the Automotive area with a strong knowledge complex BOMs and related NAFTA certification and qualifications requirements.
Your experience either in trade/customs compliance in a trade compliance firm or in manufacturing or customs brokerage would be fully utilized in this environment.
Please note that only candidates possessing a valid CCS or Licence will be actively considered for this position.
- Qualifying and Tariff Classification of parts and components under NAFTA Rules of Origin
- Ensure compliance for C-TPAT and PIP adherence for the corporation
Responsible for all of the Certificate of Origin verification and audits as well as preparing outbound NAFTA Certificates of Origin
- Preparing audit trails for customs audit preparation
- Develop internal HS audit process in conjunction with senior management
- Create a Customs Manual for CT-PAT and PIP Compliance for all departments
- Refunds, Duty Drawbacks, and corrections reviews
- Preparing and submitting B2s to CBSA for transactions requiring adjustments
- Maintain Canada and US bonds for imports and exports
- Maintain and update an extensive import product database
- Technical support to internal and external customers and suppliers
concerning the impact of current and proposed customs legislation on current business
and future plans.
- Training, coaching and mentoring at multiple levels of the organization on all aspects
of customs compliance and related cargo security issues
- CCS Designation, Canadian or US is essential, having both is ideal
- Ideally, 10 years of working with NAFTA Certificates, HS Tariffs
Refunds, Drawbacks, Amends, Appeals and Rulings within the Automotive sector
- Experience as a liaison between the customer and Customs officials; trouble-shooting
problems related to NAFTA regulations, missing/incomplete/inaccurate fields in
- Researching and qualifying of goods for NAFTA certificates using rules of origin
and other requirements, related trade compliance issues
- Excellent Communicator with Training experience; persuasive, tactful and articulate
- Familiarity with C-TPAT, PIP and AEO concepts and issues is desirable
· Growth and development oriented; always striving to improve
· Detail-conscious, able to build and maintain excellent relations with CBSA/CBP officials