Buckland & Taylor, with five offices in North America, is a leading bridge engineering firm with an international reputation for excellence. A world leader in the design, evaluation, rehabilitation and construction engineering of long and medium span bridges, we are a highly successful, growing and expanding organization. To support our high profile North American projects and aggressive growth, we are seeking Senior Bridge Engineers to join our team in the North Vancouver, Edmonton, Halifax, Seattle and New York offices.
The incumbent will be a part of a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management and detailed engineering expertise on numerous bridge design projects.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in proposal preparation;
- Leads projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation;
- Contributes to establishment of work plans, schedules, and budgets;
- Leads project team in structural analysis, and design calculation and drawings;
- Effectively mentors junior engineers to ensure the team's professional development;
- Prepares standard documents, such as technical specifications, in accordance with applicable design codes;
- Researches and reviews design options for both technical and financial impact;
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of other structural engineers;
- Works closely with CAD technicians and provides guidance when necessary;
- Liaises with other professionals, clients and third parties on a daily basis;
- Ensures successful completion of projects in area of responsibility;
- Prepares engineering reports and other technical documents for management; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum M.Sc in Structural Engineering with 8 + years of related experience in Bridge Design and Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong technical expertise in the design and construction of bridges
- Professional Engineer status
- Proven leadership abilities in past supervisory roles
- Proven ability to produce reports of findings
- Solid experience working with North American design codes
- Experience with structural 3D modeling and familiarity with analysis software such as SAP2000 and ADINA
- Superior decision making ability
- Collaborative work and leadership style
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to effectively manage budget and schedule delivery
- Superior planning and organizational skills combined with ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see project through to completion.
- Ability to work with staff located remotely
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Previous experience leading projects an asset
Buckland and Taylor offers the opportunity to work on some of the most recognized and prestigious bridge projects in the world. By joining our team, you will become a part of history and your work will be a marvel to generations for years to come. We offer competitive benefits and compensation, as well as a healthy work/life balance for our employees. In recognition of our efforts to do so, our Seattle office was awarded 2nd place among the 2011 top 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine.
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit a resume and cover letter to careers inbox quoting SBE123 - 01 in the subject line. If your interest and qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of the HR Department. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of his or her application.
Buckland & Taylor Ltd. is a world leading bridge engineering company. Our business is bridges of all types and sizes.
We provide the...