Buckland & Taylor, with five offices in North America, is a leading bridge engineering firm with an international reputation for excellence. A world leader in the design, evaluation, rehabilitation and construction engineering of long and medium span bridges, we are a highly successful, growing and expanding organization. To support our high profile North American projects and aggressive growth, we are seeking Intermediate Bridge Engineers to join our team in the North Vancouver, Edmonton, Halifax, Seattle and New York offices.
The incumbent will be a part of a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management and detailed engineering expertise on numerous bridge design projects. He/she will work alongside experienced bridge design team and project managers in N. Vancouver, Edmonton, Halifax and Seattle offices.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributes to projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation;
- Contributes to establishment of work plans, schedules, and budgets development;
- Performs analysis of complex structures;
- Prepares deign calculations and drawings in accordance with applicable design codes;
- Prepares standard documents, such as technical specifications;
- Works closely with CAD technicians;
- Ensures successful completion of projects in area of responsibility;
- Contributes to preparation of engineering reports and other technical documents for management;
- Works collaboratively in a team of engineers with minimum supervision;
- Participates in proposal preparations from time to time; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum M.Sc in Structural Engineering with 3 + years of related experience in Bridge Design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Previous technical experience in design and construction of bridges
- Eligibility for registration as professional engineer
- Experience in working with North American bridge design codes
- Experience with structural 3D modeling and familiarity with some analysis software such as SAP2000 and ADINA
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and desire to take on some managerial duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Superior planning and organizational skills combined with ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see project through to completion.
- Ability to work with staff located remotely.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Good decision making skills
Buckland and Taylor offers the opportunity to work on some of the most recognized and prestigious bridge projects in the world. By joining our team, you will become a part of history and your work will be a marvel to generations for years to come. We offer competitive benefits and compensation, as well as a healthy work/life balance for our employees. In recognition of our efforts to do so, our Seattle office was awarded 2nd place among the 2011 top 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine.
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit a resume and cover letter to our email quoting IBE122 - 01 in the subject line. If your interest and qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of the HR Department. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of his or her application.