Buckland & Taylor, with five offices in North America, is a leading bridge engineering firm with an international reputation for excellence. A world leader in the design, evaluation, rehabilitation and construction engineering of long and medium span bridges; we are a highly successful, growing and expanding organization. We are searching to bring onboard an Administrative Assistant that will be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
The incumbent will assist with day-to-day administrative aspects of running the office and will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provides administrative support like filing, typing, preparing reports and circulating office mail;
- Performs receptionist duties such as answering and routing telephone calls and greeting visitors;
- Provides basic support with computers, printers, phones, video and other equipment;
- Manages inventory levels for supplies;
- Makes travel arrangements for flights and accommodations for visitors and office staff;
- Liaises with landlord and outside service providers addressing maintenance and other issues;
- Maintains a system to track items requiring follow-up and follow-through;
- Schedules and manages intensive and frequently changing travel and meeting schedules;
- Manages office calendars;
- Serves as first point of contact for questions and information on onboarding, IT, Health & Safety, etc. and directs questions to appropriate sources;
- Assists peers and team members with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks;
- Uses excellent organizational skills to accomplish goals and prioritizes multiple tasks effectively while remaining focused;
- Represents the office in a professional manner dealing with senior internal/external clients on a regular basis;
- Provides assistance with additional office responsibilities, i.e. special office projects, social functions, open houses, etc.; and
- Assists in other administrative matters as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience as an administrative/executive assistant
- A proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, and detail-oriented environment where multiple projects are in motion at all times
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) with excellent typing abilities
- Strong organizational skills and predisposition to take immediate action, monitor follow-up and ensure closure on a wide variety of tasks; adapt to a flexible, unpredictable work schedules
- Excellent attention to detail and sharp focus on keeping track of commitments and responsibilities
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively within the organization
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player with the ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit a resume and cover letter to careers @b-t.com quoting EAA1312-27 in the subject line.
If your interest and qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of the HR Department. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of his or her application.
Indeed - 22 months ago