Location: North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Closing date: 2/27/2013
Build Bridges With Us.Buckland & Taylor Ltd., with five offices in North America, is a leading bridge engineering firm with an international reputation for excellence. A world leader in the design, evaluation, rehabilitation and construction engineering of long and medium span bridges, we are a highly successful, growing and expanding organization. To support our aggressive growth, we are seeking an Administrative Assistant (Receptionist) to join our team in the North Vancouver, BC office.
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing a multi-line phone system, managing the operation of the front office, maintaining a high level of professionalism in the front office and providing back up administrative support to the administrative team.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answers and directs incoming telephone calls;
- Meets and greets clients in a personable and professional manner;
- Books meeting rooms and any necessary catering;
- Ensures cleanliness of all meeting rooms, staff areas and front office;
- Coordinates and manages in/outbound mail, couriers;
- Manages reconciliation of credit card and courier invoices;
- Manages ordering of supplies and services for the front office and staff areas;
- Assists the administrative team with general administrative support;
- Assists with general facility maintenance and refurbishment;
- Assists with travel itineraries when needed;
- Assists peers and departmental team members with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks;
-Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 1-2 years previous experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication skill
- Mature attitude, with high degree of patience and tact
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and database)
- Ability to display flexibility and adaptability to changing needs, poise under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well and multi task in a fast paced environment
- Quick learner, inquisitive, and a self starter
- Ability to exercise good judgment and forethought
- Strong team player
Buckland and Taylor offers competitive benefits and compensation, as well as a healthy work/life balance for our employees. In recognition of our efforts to do so, our Seattle office was awarded 2nd place among the 2011 top 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine.
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit a resume and cover letter quoting VAA1311 - 27 in the subject line.
If your interest and qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of the HR Department. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of his or her application.