Bubbles Car Wash Employee Reviews

Sometimes fun, but I took a lot of unfair abuse from several managers.
Regular attendant (Former Employee) –  Jasper Avenue in Edmonton31 May 2017
The work was actually fun when the car wash was busy. After you learn the basic moves you just breeze along, and the day goes pretty fast.

When there aren't enough cars to fill the time, the job becomes tedious and unpleasant, and you're at the mercy of your manager. If your manager is decent and humane, you're okay, but I had two managers who were ill-tempered and just plain cruel, and seemed to think that pushing people around was proof of their own diligence. Let met tell you, your happiness is a fragile thing when you have to dance to the whims of people like that.

A chronic problem is that you are asked to clean vehicles to an impossibly high standard. A car is a complex collection of shapes and surfaces, and it is all but impossible to get it perfectly clean in the time we had to work on it. I delivered completed cars to customers, and many people would tell me, "I could have done a much better job myself." Which would have been true, but the complainant would have had three times as much time to do it as we did.

Once the recession really bit, the owners tried desperately to improve the car wash experience for the customers. They changed some of the equipment and changed the furniture in the lobby. When business didn't pick up, they decided to change the staff. They forced veteran workers like me to quit by cutting our hours until we were making less than we could get on welfare. They wouldn't just lay us off so we could apply for employment insurance. It was pitiless. And I had worked there for ten years. My attendance was almost perfect, too.
  more... I had worked one six year period with no unscheduled days off for any reason, including illness. How many people do you know who can compile an attendance record like that? But they just threw me away and yes, I'm bitter about it.

Except for the foreign workers (mostly from the Philippines) the staff turnover was very high, as a lot of people work in the carwash as an interim job until they can find something better. So you meet a lot of people, but you don't really make any friends, because you don't know them long enough.
Pros
Good healthy exercise. Regular hours.
Cons
Harsh managers who abused their workers as a matter of course.
Its a nice place to the people are very friendly
DETAILER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2017
Bubbles car wash is great company to work with. They offer full time job and part time during summer. There's a lot of opportunities. After your probationary after 3 months they give you raise from 30cents to 1 dollar depending on your performance
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Exact hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Interior Cleaner / Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
Bubble's Car wash & detailing service was a great place to work.
I enjoyed being at work because there was good people that worked there and also enjoyed working up front with all the customers.
Pros
Very convient
Cons
Regular work hours
Interesting Co Workers
Detail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 November 2015
Great People But In The Winter We Had To Clean Vehicles Outside. Un reliable Co Workers That Had No Clue.
I Would Probably Never Work There Again Because Of How Unorganized And Crazy It Always Was.
good place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2015
washed cars and inside out. Cleaned things and the car wash itself, do not drive though and was working this job more the ten years ago when i was 14-16 years old.
Pros
got paid
Cons
10 hr days
productive and fun workplace
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2015
very good stepping stone if you are new in canada and willing to learn other things like car detailing. very good co workers a typical busy day when cars go to our store because of ou good service. there are no easy job but if you are really hardwoker i am sure you can work it out , overall a very enjoyable experience
Pros
very good managers
Cons
low salary 12.5$ starting for a very tiring job
great place to work
Wash rack worker (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab24 August 2015
great place to work easy to get along with everyone i learned attn to detail and patience a day at work was a breeze every day was enjoyable
Pros
bonus
Cons
Great place to start a carrier.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park,Alberta30 October 2014
A typical day at work:
I do the cleaning, the washrooms and start on the interior of the cars, cleaning vacuuming, wiping windows and doors. in detailing cars.
What I learned:
I learned interior, vacuuming and detailing.
Management:
I think that the management is grate, management is good with the followup of the company. They are also flexible with the work around.
My co-workers:
They are friendly and reliable.
The hardest part of the job:
When it get busy and there are not enough staff. Tough moving to one car to another.
The most enjoyable part of the job is:
When my co-workers are making jokes and making me laugh. Also when it is busy and there are team work around the work place.
Pros
When it is warm outside, time goes faster.
Cons
Workers are always complaining.
Horrible place to work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmoton AB5 December 2013
There is a reason why there is a now hiring sign up. The management does nothing but sit in the office.
Goes out for smokes every 20 minutes
The owner doesn't care just shows up with their fancy car and just stands there doing nothing takes their car through the bay always.
Managers lay up against walls, yells at the employees for doing the same thing.
No freedom at all you have to stay at your station 100% of the time and most of the time doing nothing and get in trouble for it.

I strongly advise everyone who reads this to stay clear of any bubbles in edmonton.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Management, lack of understanding
Very accomplished establishment. Though not an ideal working environment.
Car Washer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 February 2013
Co-workers were nice, money was decent, but overall environment was dysfunctional.
Pros
polite co-workers
Cons
long hours, harsh management.

Want to know more about Bubbles Car Wash?

Ask a question
Absolutely the worst place to work. Period.
Service attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Oliver14 February 2013
Try it, you'll see in the first few hours.

Why do you think they ALWAYS have a huge "NOW HIRING" signs at their locations?
pretty good pay
Supervisor/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2012
good pay
and you learn alot of skills
i think it was a good place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
To much like babysitting.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 July 2012
Working there was ok. It wasn't for me. I was more of a babysitter then being a manager.