BT

BT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Industrial feeling and undervalued workforce
Call Centre Advisor (Current Employee), Portadown, NIRJuly 21, 2014
The people are lovely and the managers are great but it's the same thing most days, there is little career progression and its not very encouraging that you could be sitting doing the same job as the person beside you but be getting paid substantially less due to different contracts.
Fun and productive work environment
work experience (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 1, 2014
The week i spent on work experience was enjoyable and informative.
productive and fast
telephone operator (Former Employee), Slough, ENGJune 30, 2014
Pros: free phone calls
Cons: very fast
trained as a bt operator working in a fast call centre answer calls within 27 seconds
Extremely challenging and often had tight deadlines
Senior Business Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunties
Cons: long hours with travelling to london
Organising my diary with meetings with other managers, working alongside directors and setting out strategic thinking. Planning for the future, producing financial reports, planning reports, risk management reports.

Also coaching was a big part of my role - helping other people in the organisations ensuring that they meet their own personal targets.

The – more... hardest part of my role - the organisation was constantly revolving which produces constant change.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the other professional staff that I worked alongside - extremely professional. – less
To complicated
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Doncaster, ENGMay 26, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: constant unrelenting presure
The company has so many kpi's that you need to hit that its impossible to hit them all... if you aim to hit A B and C you will miss E and F because the contradict each other and are impossible to hit altogether
Poor management
Customer Apparatus & Line Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), lancashireMay 20, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay, work/life balance
Cons: management dictatorship, lack of progression, especially at non management and lower levels of management
The role I had prior to leaving the company I enjoyed doing, but Management attitudes to employees was degenerating to a level of dictatorial status. Age appeared to be a prime motivator for "managing out" of the company, which is a shame as there are real possibilities for a world leading and employee caring company if only the board could see beyond – more... the balance sheet!! – less
Busy contact centre,
BT - CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee), milton keynesMay 17, 2014
answering inbound call and emails regarding telephone/broadband faults and complaints. resolving issues at first contact if possible.
Recording all contacts on computer software.
Ensuring data privacy act complied to. Learned IT skills to resolve simple issues. Dealing with customers and colleagues on a friendly professional basis.
Fast Paced Sales Environment
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Preston, EnglandMay 15, 2014
Daily focus on attaining new business as well as maintaining existing business.
Fun to work with colleagues
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 11, 2014
- Report to manager
- Login to collect the days work
- Quick synergy meetings
- Team building exercises
- Daily targets to be met
Challenging
BT Next Generation Mobile Installation Engineer (Current Employee), ENGMay 3, 2014
Job satisfaction is second to none. The work is mentally and sometimes physically challenging which I enjoy. Hardest part of the job is the company policies as they change so often.
fun workplace
Broadband sales (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGApril 27, 2014
Pros: suited school hours
Cons: taking all the angry customers complaints and not letting them get to you
I would take calls depending on which area i was placed in, e.g 150 included bill information etc and broadband sales included making new broadband connections.
I learned how to use there systems, take card payments and how to problem solve.
Management where ok, but i had trouble with them when my daughters was ill in nursery they wasn't happy when – more... i had to leave early to collect her. my co workers were nice, and you could talk in between calls, lunch etc.
Hardest part was taking all the angry customers complaints and not letting them get to you. Enjoyable part was the hours were 10-2, or 11-3 so suited school hours. – less
Customer services (Current Employee), North westApril 18, 2014
Pros: free broadband
Cons: weekends
It's so refreshing to be working for a company who care about staff wellbeing and want to progress them , happy environment and great benefits.
enjoyable place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), South Shields, ENGApril 16, 2014
This review is again the same as sitel as I describe a typical place in a call centre role weather it is customer service or sales.
Great people
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Newport, WLSApril 5, 2014
The members of staff were brilliant. I was working on a temporary contract, so there wasn't much change of advancement.
Best Job I Ever had.
Data Comms Engineer TO (Former Employee), UKApril 5, 2014
Pros: a pleasure getting out of bed to go to work.
Cons: i am not there anymore.
The best Job I ever had I did not want to leave and would go back in an instant if I could, never a dull moment for me.
good and fun
Works Controller (Former Employee), LondonApril 3, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great company to work for.
Senior Consultant/Technical Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
Excellent work life balance. Great work culture. I would definitely recommend working for BT.
I was contractor in BT
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Infosys PuneMarch 31, 2014
BTGS was the customer of Infosys, so I worked as a contractor in BT. But it is really pleasure to work with BT.
Good
BT Credit Management and Receipting Manager (Former Employee), LondonMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: progression upwards is slow
Start of a long working career starting from clerical and ending up in Management role.
Good team environment
Business Sales consultant (Former Employee), SkelmersdaleMarch 14, 2014
Each day involved new challenges which were met with relish. It allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills and sales skills and built some good friendships.
It involved building a good rapport with customers to get repeat custom for the business, efficient team work honed core skills.

1 2 3 4 5