BT

BT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GTREAT PLACE TOO WORK
bt/installation engineer (Current Employee), Midlands, ENGMarch 23, 2015
Pros: not a problem
Cons: jobs a job along as it completed correctly.
EARLY START , NEVER ONE JOB THE SAME, ALWAYS A CHALLENGE, I LEARNED TO BE PATIENT RELAX THINK EXECUTE, ALWAYS HAD A GREAT FIELD MANAGEMENT TEAM, AT MY DISPOSEL TO HELP WHEN EVER NEEDED, GREAT TEAM WORK WITH OTHER GUYS.HARDEST PART IS WHEN YOU HAVE WRONG DETAILS AND HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME FINDING THINGS OUT AS I DONT LIKE SENDING JOBS BACK, ENJOYABLE PART WHEN JOB FULLY COMPLETE AND CUSTOMER HAPPY.
work experience
Engineer (Former Employee), manchesterMarch 21, 2015
was first taste of working as i was in year 10 at school and had a week of work experience was a challange as never done anything like that before but was a good experience
Sales / Retention advisor (Former Employee), Belfast City Centre, NIRMarch 19, 2015
Cons: long hours
Answering phones to customers and trying to get them to agree a new contract and upgrade there broadband services. I learnt how to handle angry customers on the phone. Management was good as they were always there to help. Co-workers were a joy to work with as they were nice and always helping out if you needed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep customers who didn't have a good experience with BT. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have helped a customer to get their desired outcome when previous advisors had failed.
Very enjoyable
Clerical (Former Employee), Liverpool and SouthamptonMarch 9, 2015
Helping people prepare for a new beginning whilst taking into account their concerns and fears was both challenging and rewarding.
Excellent training to make you succesful
BT Local Business Account Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamMarch 8, 2015
Working with BT is the best experience anyone can have in a working capacity.
The amount of time and effort that is invested into an individual to make them a success is infallible.
Every opportunity is given if one is willing and your potential is all is asked and is rewarded.
I have learnt so much and will always reciprocate throughout my career. .
Inovative enviroment
Distant Administrator (Current Employee), Ruimsig, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: is that the company is shutting down due to australia cancelling the contract we had with them.
My typical day starts at 8 am and I start by making a list of the most urgent to not so urgent matters to accomplish for the day.
I have learned many new skills while working at BT solutions. I have been able to refresh and update my IT skills. My roll has included working with HR processes such as recording attendance and determining leave due.
The environment I work in is great and everyone gets along.
There were a few learning challenges along the way but with the help of my colleagues and training I caught up quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with these great people.
Excellent company
Platform Delivery Manager (Former Employee), IpswichFebruary 20, 2015
Excellent company with so many opportunities to work in a variety of areas, always pushing to the next level in technology
BT Sales Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee), South Shields, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
selling arrange of different products in your home
landline
internet
television
BT sport

i have learnt about the different products available to others
the pros and cons
hardest part of the job is beginning of the call trying to gain customers trust and explain why BT would be best for them
Interesting!
Planner (Former Employee), Home BasedFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free broadband
Cons: unclear job objectives
Poor management let down staff, blame culture rife amongst managers never their fault. constant re organisations unsettling staff and perfectly good working systems and teams
BT Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), homeworkerFebruary 11, 2015
I have enjoyed my working life at BT but due to circumstances beyond my control i have had to make a tough decision to leave
fun place to work , friendly staff and good team work
Temporary, maternity cover (Former Employee), Church Street, ENGFebruary 11, 2015
duites included preparing and serving hot and cold foods, till trained when taking payments, dealing with genral enquires, and abidied by health and safety
N/A
BT - New Business Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hitchin, HertfordshireJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for, excellent work life balance, good recognition and rewards
Variable experiences
System Support (Former Employee), HomeworkerJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: interesting work. good working togetherness between teams
Siebel system support. Learned administration of it, building contracts and loading contracts/data via EIM. As time progressed the team and system diminished, but my work on it expanded to taking customer requests for changes to the system, and overseeing a developer.
Eventually, customer contracts ran out and I oversaw the closure of the system.
I did enjoy working on this Siebel system. It was varied work, and a good team environment.
Excellent training, difficlut job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: brilliant training, great pay.
Cons: far too many different aspects to the job.
Very difficult job. You are required to speak to customers on a daily basis. There are many metrics within BT which are very difficult to achieve, you get within the metrics on one part, then you are out on another. Get within that one that affects another. Eventually you go round and round in circles. You are not able to balance the job alongside your life. The co workers are great but I don't see any smiling faces in the job which means that you are unhappy workforce. Very difficult to achieve what BT want you to do. They do try there hardest with excellent training and is on going and never ends but BT are not interested if you want to leave because they pay excellent wages and bonuses so they know there will always be someone who wants a job at BT. The staff turnover is horrendously high and can only be blamed on two factors 1) BT prefer quantity of staff over quality 2) The job is far too difficult for the most accomplished call centre employee.
Bt
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Accrington, ENGDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
A very good company to work with. Invest alot into their staff. Have a great management team.
Only negative is the work life balance due to shift work and stress of the role..
Flexability
Data Support Team Member (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company changes
I have worked for BT for the past twenty five years, during this time I have had various roles, trained as an operator dealing with calls to directory enquirers, 100 and 999 services. I have had lots of clerical roles dealing with customer data. I have worked as part of a team and during my time I have covered a first line manager post dealing with many people issues, around attendance discipline and many other circumstances.This shows my flexibility which is the most enjoyable part I really enjoy a challenge.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGDecember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working for bt, the job at times could be stressful, but I suppose that is the same as any other job, but the people I worked with were very friendly and the money was good too.
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Business Provision Manager (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGNovember 24, 2014
Pros: salary, hours, work involved, atmosphere
Cons: sometimes stressful but it's to be expected with the salary and role itself
I have worked for BT for 8 years now and it is fantastic. Yes we may moan sometimes but we honestly wouldn't dream about leaving. The salary is great, as are the hours. They are a very fair company. Our department is like a family and the atmosphere is usually very comforting
challenging job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, ENGNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free shares
Cons: paying back time attending hospital appointments
typical day at work was taking incoming calls from customers and dealing at first point of contact, whether this meant passing to another department that could deal with the query or escalating to a manager. when not taking calls, i had to keep up with looking at e-mails, company or management directives.
I learned how to be more empathetic with people, but also how at times to be firm for company policy ( e.g. on levels of rental rebate )
management were generally very understanding with 1 noteable exception but very much had their hands tied by hr
my co-workers were a lot of fun and thre was a lot of affection and camaradarie.
hardest part of the job was having to try to explain to relatives of elderly customers why their repair was taking so long.
best part was the satisfaction when the customer was happy and gave good feedback
Wonderful experience.
Help Desk (Former Employee), Chesapeake vaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: dealing with multiple businesses
Cons: working over night
This company holds conference calls for businesses all over the world

1 2 3 4 5