BT

BT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BT is a great place to work
Retentions advisor (Current Employee), Glasgow dial houseMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great incentives, Great environment, Big business so flexible, overall great place.
Cons: strange shift pattern could finish 9 one day then start at 8 the next.
Its like every job you have your good days and your bad but if you are good and follow your job role BT are amazing as employers I'm not yet with BT I'm still under manpower the agency you have to have worked for them for at least 18months before receiving a BT contract but its a great working environment, managers are great, jobs challenging yet fun too, always great incentives too.
Fast paced, exciting workplace
Contact centre agent (999) (Current Employee), NottinghamMay 14, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch
Cons: Unsociable hours
A typical day at work involves answering a variety of 999 calls and deciding which procedure fits the particular call best. It is a fast paced environment which I believe myself to thrive in, as I enjoy working under pressure and to targets
BT - PRIMETIME RECRUITMENT
Office Coordinator and Administrator (Current Employee), Northallerton, ENGMay 12, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Temporary Contracts
I am afraid BT is a little dated in its processes and could struggles to enable on department work well with the next. A customer query could begin within the call centre in India and pass through most branches in the UK before it gets resolved which is time consuming and inefficient.
work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGMay 9, 2015
A lovely and pleasant environment to work in. With good rates of pay. A friendly environment. Clean and tidy. Good management.
An exciting career
Order management (Current Employee), AccringtonApril 24, 2015
Pros: progression opportunities
Cons: managment
A great environment to work in very friendly staff a joy to work there. lots of opportunities to progress a fairly new center, hence management needs improvement the job is not repetitive and very challenging
Benefits are good but lots expected in return
Project Management (Current Employee), LeedsApril 14, 2015
The role is becoming more and more challenging as people leave the business.
BT seem to have cost and headcount challenges and resources are not generally replaced resulting in people working more for less moving forward
Most development is self-study and has to be completed in your own personal time
BT doesn't seem to recognise professional accreditations such as MSP and PRINCE2 anymore, preferring to send its PMs to accreditation centres to obtain a 'licence to practice'
Most people who work in BT are genuine and hardworking with a very positive attitude to team working and achieving results
Working at BT
BT 118500 Operator and also 999 Operator (Current Employee), NewportApril 9, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Late shifts
Come to work and get on with the job, take varitey of different calls as we take 999 emergency calls and 118500 directory calls. Learnt a lot of different skills while being here i.e. listening skills improved, concentration skills, attention skills, speaking skills, customer service skills.
An exceptional environment with opportunities
Business Support Manager (Former Employee), Ipswich, ENGApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Broadband, Sharesave scheme, company reductions at some stores
Cons: Some times the hours were long, but rewarding, particularly when I was working on the EU project.
Having spent the last nearly 18 years at Martlesham, you can probably imagine that it has been a good time. I have always enjoyed working there and the colleagues that I made during this time, some of whom are now firm friends.

I have spent the majority of my time at BT with the same core team and from starting as a PA and then ending my time as a Business Support Manager, I have always enjoyed my time with BT.

As I was part of the management of the team I felt that people had respect for me and were able to let me know when they found something not right, they knew that I would always discuss this with the Director and try to ensure that the issue was resolved.

I had the opportunity to work on a European Project which was running and for which BT were the Managing Partner, this broadened my experience as I travelled extensively throughout Europe met a great many very prestigious individuals and attended many very interesting meetings, which I helped organise as well. The project was given a VG by the European Commission at the end of its duration and I felt proud to have been part of this accolade.

My colleagues have always been a joy to work with, I have arranged a great many things for a number of them, and they have always been very generous in their thanks for my work.

Planning and running events throughout my time at BT has always been of high enjoyment to me, I really like to see a plan executed well and to know that everyone has had a good time at the end. I don't believe I have ever had a failure in this respect, although at times it has been hard – more... to persuade the team to take part, there are always a number who really don't see the significance of a team event.

It was with great sadness that I decided earlier this year that I wanted to cut down on work and find something more part time and a little more local to where I live, something it is much more difficult to achieve at BT, and so when there was a package offered I decided that if they were willing to let me go, I would. – less
Opportunities provided
Technical Support (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays
Cons: Long hours and long distance travel expected to your job
As a communication company I would communicate with every line of business. Everyday load up the computer systems to use in my job role. Look at the emails received. Deal with them in date order or if an urgent requirement. Deliver for the customer. Set about resolving resourcing issues. Finding the right engineer for the correct job skill and the right location to deal with network problems.
I learned to be organised, responsible for my actions, flexible in my attitude, Adaptable to ever changing job roles over the years at BT.
Train myself on different databases to do and effective job. To be able to work on my own initiative. Learn to work with very many teams, become a supporting team member.
Communications industry has gone through many changes. They are going through a phase now where technology is not standing still. Everyday BT team members can be told their job role is changing its processes. Training of new processes can be at very short notice. Think on your feet at all times when this happens. Some systems introduced can have activation challenges. Processes you have known for sometime, may not be accessible another day.
Meeting and greeting all Customers from all walks of life.
When you can help to resolve someone's technical issues. Just be the listening ear they seek. Knowing you are providing a good Customer First experience each and every day.
GTREAT PLACE TOO WORK
bt/installation engineer (Current Employee), Midlands, ENGMarch 23, 2015
Pros: not a problem
Cons: jobs a job along as it completed correctly.
EARLY START , NEVER ONE JOB THE SAME, ALWAYS A CHALLENGE, I LEARNED TO BE PATIENT RELAX THINK EXECUTE, ALWAYS HAD A GREAT FIELD MANAGEMENT TEAM, AT MY DISPOSEL TO HELP WHEN EVER NEEDED, GREAT TEAM WORK WITH OTHER GUYS.HARDEST PART IS WHEN YOU HAVE WRONG DETAILS AND HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME FINDING THINGS OUT AS I DONT LIKE SENDING JOBS BACK, ENJOYABLE PART WHEN JOB FULLY COMPLETE AND CUSTOMER HAPPY.
work experience
Engineer (Former Employee), manchesterMarch 21, 2015
was first taste of working as i was in year 10 at school and had a week of work experience was a challange as never done anything like that before but was a good experience
Sales / Retention advisor (Former Employee), Belfast City Centre, NIRMarch 19, 2015
Cons: long hours
Answering phones to customers and trying to get them to agree a new contract and upgrade there broadband services. I learnt how to handle angry customers on the phone. Management was good as they were always there to help. Co-workers were a joy to work with as they were nice and always helping out if you needed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep customers who didn't have a good experience with BT. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have helped a customer to get their desired outcome when previous advisors had failed.
BT
Home Advisor for Customer Services (Current Employee), HomeMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for. New skills are easily developed and enhanced. Customer focus and drive is key to their strategy
Very enjoyable
Clerical (Former Employee), Liverpool and SouthamptonMarch 9, 2015
Helping people prepare for a new beginning whilst taking into account their concerns and fears was both challenging and rewarding.
Excellent training to make you succesful
BT Local Business Account Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamMarch 8, 2015
Working with BT is the best experience anyone can have in a working capacity.
The amount of time and effort that is invested into an individual to make them a success is infallible.
Every opportunity is given if one is willing and your potential is all is asked and is rewarded.
I have learnt so much and will always reciprocate throughout my career. .
Inovative enviroment
Distant Administrator (Current Employee), Ruimsig, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: is that the company is shutting down due to australia cancelling the contract we had with them.
My typical day starts at 8 am and I start by making a list of the most urgent to not so urgent matters to accomplish for the day.
I have learned many new skills while working at BT solutions. I have been able to refresh and update my IT skills. My roll has included working with HR processes such as recording attendance and determining leave due.
The environment I work in is great and everyone gets along.
There were a few learning challenges along the way but with the help of my colleagues and training I caught up quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with these great people.
Excellent company
Platform Delivery Manager (Former Employee), IpswichFebruary 20, 2015
Excellent company with so many opportunities to work in a variety of areas, always pushing to the next level in technology
BT Sales Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee), South Shields, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
selling arrange of different products in your home
landline
internet
television
BT sport

i have learnt about the different products available to others
the pros and cons
hardest part of the job is beginning of the call trying to gain customers trust and explain why BT would be best for them
Interesting!
Planner (Former Employee), Home BasedFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free broadband
Cons: unclear job objectives
Poor management let down staff, blame culture rife amongst managers never their fault. constant re organisations unsettling staff and perfectly good working systems and teams
BT Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), homeworkerFebruary 11, 2015
I have enjoyed my working life at BT but due to circumstances beyond my control i have had to make a tough decision to leave

1 2 3 4 5