BT

BT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BT Sales Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee), South Shields, ENGFebruary 18, 2015
selling arrange of different products in your home
landline
internet
television
BT sport

i have learnt about the different products available to others
the pros and cons
hardest part of the job is beginning of the call trying to gain customers trust and explain why BT would be best for them
Interesting!
Planner (Former Employee), Home BasedFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free broadband
Cons: unclear job objectives
Poor management let down staff, blame culture rife amongst managers never their fault. constant re organisations unsettling staff and perfectly good working systems and teams
BT Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), homeworkerFebruary 11, 2015
I have enjoyed my working life at BT but due to circumstances beyond my control i have had to make a tough decision to leave
fun place to work , friendly staff and good team work
Temporary, maternity cover (Former Employee), Church Street, ENGFebruary 11, 2015
duites included preparing and serving hot and cold foods, till trained when taking payments, dealing with genral enquires, and abidied by health and safety
N/A
BT - New Business Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hitchin, HertfordshireJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for, excellent work life balance, good recognition and rewards
Variable experiences
System Support (Former Employee), HomeworkerJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: interesting work. good working togetherness between teams
Siebel system support. Learned administration of it, building contracts and loading contracts/data via EIM. As time progressed the team and system diminished, but my work on it expanded to taking customer requests for changes to the system, and overseeing a developer.
Eventually, customer contracts ran out and I oversaw the closure of the system.
I did enjoy working on this Siebel system. It was varied work, and a good team environment.
Excellent training, difficlut job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: brilliant training, great pay.
Cons: far too many different aspects to the job.
Very difficult job. You are required to speak to customers on a daily basis. There are many metrics within BT which are very difficult to achieve, you get within the metrics on one part, then you are out on another. Get within that one that affects another. Eventually you go round and round in circles. You are not able to balance the job alongside your life. The co workers are great but I don't see any smiling faces in the job which means that you are unhappy workforce. Very difficult to achieve what BT want you to do. They do try there hardest with excellent training and is on going and never ends but BT are not interested if you want to leave because they pay excellent wages and bonuses so they know there will always be someone who wants a job at BT. The staff turnover is horrendously high and can only be blamed on two factors 1) BT prefer quantity of staff over quality 2) The job is far too difficult for the most accomplished call centre employee.
Bt
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Accrington, ENGDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
A very good company to work with. Invest alot into their staff. Have a great management team.
Only negative is the work life balance due to shift work and stress of the role..
Flexability
Data Support Team Member (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company changes
I have worked for BT for the past twenty five years, during this time I have had various roles, trained as an operator dealing with calls to directory enquirers, 100 and 999 services. I have had lots of clerical roles dealing with customer data. I have worked as part of a team and during my time I have covered a first line manager post dealing with many people issues, around attendance discipline and many other circumstances.This shows my flexibility which is the most enjoyable part I really enjoy a challenge.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGDecember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working for bt, the job at times could be stressful, but I suppose that is the same as any other job, but the people I worked with were very friendly and the money was good too.
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Business Provision Manager (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGNovember 24, 2014
Pros: salary, hours, work involved, atmosphere
Cons: sometimes stressful but it's to be expected with the salary and role itself
I have worked for BT for 8 years now and it is fantastic. Yes we may moan sometimes but we honestly wouldn't dream about leaving. The salary is great, as are the hours. They are a very fair company. Our department is like a family and the atmosphere is usually very comforting
challenging job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, ENGNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free shares
Cons: paying back time attending hospital appointments
typical day at work was taking incoming calls from customers and dealing at first point of contact, whether this meant passing to another department that could deal with the query or escalating to a manager. when not taking calls, i had to keep up with looking at e-mails, company or management directives.
I learned how to be more empathetic with people, but also how at times to be firm for company policy ( e.g. on levels of rental rebate )
management were generally very understanding with 1 noteable exception but very much had their hands tied by hr
my co-workers were a lot of fun and thre was a lot of affection and camaradarie.
hardest part of the job was having to try to explain to relatives of elderly customers why their repair was taking so long.
best part was the satisfaction when the customer was happy and gave good feedback
Wonderful experience.
Help Desk (Former Employee), Chesapeake vaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: dealing with multiple businesses
Cons: working over night
This company holds conference calls for businesses all over the world
Excellent Company
Commercial Officer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 26, 2014
I have worked for BT for over 30 years, working in the Birmingham and Newcastle offices. In 2002 I moved to working from home. I learned to use many different programmes within the company. I especially enjoyed speaking to customer and ensuring they were happy with the service I had given.
Fun team
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Colchester, ENGOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flexi-time
Cons: n/a
A typical day was organised by yourself. Management all worked in the same room and were part of the 'team'. The hardest part of the job was trying to get hold of people on the 'phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team and knowing that we were all there for each other.
Fun place to work
Retentions Advisor (Current Employee), Doncaster, ENGOctober 16, 2014
Take about 30 calls a day

Management - brilliant when having busy periods they will get online and take calls them selfs

Co- workers an amazing group of people i work with all get on
Fun and friendly workplace
Consumer Retention Adviser (Current Employee), Newcastle upon TyneOctober 6, 2014
Pros: bonus
A typical day at work involves making a lot of sales and saving customers from leaving the company. I enjoy speaking to a wide variety of people and get on very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be turning a customers bad experience with the company into a good one, which I always manage to do. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be succeeding in making a sale that you have worked hard for. Management at my company is very professional and they have learnt me a lot with one-to-one training once a week.
A great company
Senior Data Miner and Modeller (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: big company, great colleagues
Cons: sometimes highly pressured environment
I enjoyed working at BT; as one of the UK's largest businesses we were always busy developing and improving the analytics that supported our marketing and CRM efforts.

It was always demanding as everybody is given a great deal of responsibility for their work, and business needs often demanded very tight delivery timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing - by presenting the analysis - that creating a datacentric marketing environment had a significant impact on the bottom line.
Team Player
Pensions Administrative Officer (Former Employee), ChesterfieldSeptember 21, 2014
Ensuring customer’s pension and other payments are correct and paid on time;
Good place to work.
Retention Advisor (Current Employee), Warrington, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good potential of earning through commission.
Cons: unsociable hours, poor basic pay
Working at BT was a really good experience i gained a lot of skills which will benefit me in the future. A typical day at work consisted of three roughly two hour shifts of taking calls from customers with a lunch hour and one fifteen minute break throughout the day, Calls were primarily from customers who were either at the end of their contract or looking to switch providers. My role was to try and secure the customers continued business and satisfaction with BT.
Skills which i learnt while working in this role ranged from Conflict resolution dealing with customer greivences and problems they had to making sure they were on the correct package to suit their needs which in turn developed my communication skills immensely, Learning what types of questions worked best to gain the information i needed from them but also trying to up-sell at every opportunity.
Management at BT were very good always trying to coach and feedback anything that might help you in the role and your progression was closely monitored.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with quite regularly irate customers who had in some way had a bad experience and often were abusive and rude but you are taught how to deal with these situations during training which is provided and also through other peoples best practice along with the experience you gain actually doing the job, also lack of progression the chance to do different roles or further yourself in the company was hard even showing the drive to want to progress not alot was offered.
Most enjoyable part is the chance to earn commission on sales you made or through reconstructing of the customer you spoke to.

1 2 3 4 5