BT Employee Reviews

Boring call centre
Call Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, UK2 November 2017
Why am i being asked to submit a review for a place i worked over 10 years ago at? this is stupid.
insert any words to meet 150 character limit. flamingos.
Good pay and work life balance. Management is not good.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 October 2017
Proper process is not followed to achieve some task

Good work life balance

Pay is decent.

Food is not given for free.

Not many extra benefits/perks
Pros
Pay and work life balance
Cons
Poor Management
good place
Siebel CRM Developer (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2017
fun place to work
good exposure to latest technologies
good learning experience
nice guidance from seniors
process oriented people
cutting edge technology implementations
Fun and positive place to work
Senior Finance professional (Former Employee) –  Gurugram India10 September 2017
Worked in Apac shift for apac stakeholders; worked in account receivables; managed Sox and audit; Mentoring new team members; handled system transitioning
Pros
Positive environ
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, India4 September 2017
The team that works here is good, we maintain a healthy environment. Working hard to meet our goals, but the management taking care is not upto mark. A lot of management issues needs to be taken care.
Productive and decent place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurugram, India5 July 2017
Day at work starts with a coffee and an hour is spent on some of the pending task if required and then the new pace comes with different tasks and customers. Breaks re-energize you for the newer tasks and indeed new tasks gives you the way out to learn newer things.

I have learned a lot of things form BT , how to solve the problems with a professional attitude , getting involved without to solve the problem, staying in touch till the matter gets solved and improving the level of conversation that makes you clear about the problem and there solutions.

However , the management is not so involved , there is a lack of understanding between the management and the employee but things workout if they are escalated to there managers.

The workplace is well organised , spacious and tidy and the people at at work are vibrant and energize you at work and are very helpful at work and as well as to the customers. Therefore it is a very nice place to work and you can learn from them how once you connect with them in context to work.

The hardest part of the job is every task is different and involves almost every team to get in touch as one process requires almost every team in the organisation which is very difficult to reach at the same time , that's why the customer's queries takes a little time to get solved.

Most enjoyable part of the work is that you tend to meet new people every moment and in my case customers , teams , there managers everyone as each task almost involves every team to get the work completed.
Pros
Meals are awesome and the cafeteria is wide enough you can eat in comfort.
Cons
Management is a bit Lousy.
A good place to work
Senior payments advisor (Former Employee) –  London25 February 2017
If you enjoy change and are interested in telecommunications then this place is good to work. The people there at that time were lovely and always sharing and helping each other.
Pros
Good advance to manager
Cons
not too much change in daily activities
Lot's of travel
Sales Channel (Former Employee) –  Galway, ON21 January 2016
Nationwide sales.
New territory weekly.
Excellent product.
Scattered management.
Difficult to reimburse expenses.
great job
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2016
Having a lot of fun while working. learned different way how to talk with people and to sell our products. great team.the worst part of job was waking up early at the morning
perfect client
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  london uk2 November 2015
bt is a very nice client to work with very nice culture and processes are very up to date and effective........ very systematic and nice culture
very good company to work for
Field Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  shrewsbury30 June 2015
I have worked for this company for 11 years it is a wonderful company to work for my main tasks were installation and repair of copper telephone lines and data line the repair of broadband including underground cable splicing and overhead its been a very enjoyable 11 years and I have met a lot of good people along the way as my job is very customer facing so I have developed good people skill along with the obvious hands on skills I have learnt. The management side of the job is very unique as you basically get to manage your own day which I have always preferred
Pros
every day is different
Cons
sometimes long hours
Good company to work
Lead Analyst for Fixed Assets (Former Employee) –  Reston,VA12 May 2015
Faced many challenges in career enhancement. Gained experience in GL,FA,PA modules.Used tools like TOAD,SQL Developer etc.
A professional and fun filled organization to work for.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 April 2015
The team I worked with is highly motivated and our management was very supportive. I have played technically challenging role where I got an opportunity to work on large scale Telecom projects and deal with offshore teams and Vendor teams who works from different time zones. We have practiced Agile methodologies like Extreme Programming, SCRUM for better quality, on-time delivery and adaptability. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Energetic,challenging place to learn new skills every day.
Account management (Former Employee) –  London, UK24 March 2015
Typical day at work :
Talking to my regular customers, finding at least 2 new customers to add to my base , collaborating with my colleagues, booking appointments for the field specialists , sorting out issues by calling various departments if any, finishing paperwork for the orders and logging them onto the main portal for them to get processed.

What I learned :

Plan well and realistically , stay patient and listen carefully to customer's needs , collaborating with colleagues and spreading risk, share more to gain more ( make others work for you as well as using your time well to gain more) , Address issues raised by customers at the first instance to save time, energy as well as gaining trust to win more long term return

Management:

They believed in challenging management and leadership to have more dynamic work environment

My Co-Workers :

Whoever was helpful and more trustworthy won more , long term.

The hardest part of the job:

Getting through gate keepers to talk to decision makers at businesses that did not have any services with us + Talking to BILLING department , sorting out the mess they sometimes create
Multinational company
Senior ICT Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 August 2012
The position was very flexible either working from office or home. Learnt to deal with multicultural society.
Traveling a lot was a very enjoyable and meeting new people.
Pros
medical care