BT

BT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Team Player
Pensions Administrative Officer (Former Employee), ChesterfieldSeptember 21, 2014
Ensuring customer’s pension and other payments are correct and paid on time;
Good place to work.
Retention Advisor (Current Employee), Warrington, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good potential of earning through commission.
Cons: unsociable hours, poor basic pay
Working at BT was a really good experience i gained a lot of skills which will benefit me in the future. A typical day at work consisted of three roughly two hour shifts of taking calls from customers with a lunch hour and one fifteen minute break throughout the day, Calls were primarily from customers who were either at the end of their contract or – more... looking to switch providers. My role was to try and secure the customers continued business and satisfaction with BT.
Skills which i learnt while working in this role ranged from Conflict resolution dealing with customer greivences and problems they had to making sure they were on the correct package to suit their needs which in turn developed my communication skills immensely, Learning what types of questions worked best to gain the information i needed from them but also trying to up-sell at every opportunity.
Management at BT were very good always trying to coach and feedback anything that might help you in the role and your progression was closely monitored.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with quite regularly irate customers who had in some way had a bad experience and often were abusive and rude but you are taught how to deal with these situations during training which is provided and also through other peoples best practice along with the experience you gain actually doing the job, also lack of progression the chance to do different roles or further yourself in the company was hard even showing the drive to want to progress not alot was offered.
Most enjoyable part is the chance to earn commission on sales you made or through reconstructing of the customer you spoke to. – less
fast paced and fun
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: high hourly rate and bonus
a typical day at work would be taking calls from customers and discussing their phone/broadband/tv packages. the main objective is to recontract and or upsell to other products such as fibre broadband or tv. i get along well with all of my peers and enjoy what i do. the hardest part of the job is making sure every target is achieved but with the right – more... focus and determination this is easily achievable. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my customers have received the highest standard of care and attention throughout their call and leave knowing the agent dealing with their query has listened to what they were saying carefully, empathised with them and dealt with it accordingly in a friendly and polite manner – less
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good boss
Cons: early lunches
Overall BT were a very good company to work for. I enjoyed working as part of a team. I enjoyed pushing myself every day to hit Targets.
Great bunch of people to work with enjoyable job todo
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), South Shields, ENGAugust 28, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: working hours
At the moment we do 4 hours of inbound sales then 4 hours of outbound selling products and services to customers.
I have lernt alot from this job including customer service skills
Every team has a manager and i am lucky to have a great manager who helps in any way he can
The people i work with are a great bunch of people they will lend a hand if you – more... struggle with anything
I enjoy talking to many types of people and helping the customers resolve any issues they have – less
Work Experience for 1 week
BT Openreach Engineer (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGAugust 19, 2014
It was a great experience and I enjoyed every day of it. Of course, I didn't take part in all the features of the job, given it was only work experience for a single week. However, it gave me a great insight on the work environment and I interacted with members of the public every day giving me key skills when dealing with customers. The two Bt engineers – more... I worked with during the week were both very helpful and made me feel comfortable during this new experience. They were also very good with dealing with customers. – less
productive workplace
BT Customer Service Complaints / Retention Manager (Former Employee), warringtonAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good corporate company
Cons: could be long hours and late evenings
from start to end of shift work was productive, dealing with customers internally and externally and all levels of management. other team leaders and managers were very friendly and cooperative. job focus was to keep the customer satisfied 100% with a good customer journey experience with either their enquiry or complaint
productive and a fun place to work with a good reward bonus
Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for BT as it was a fun and friendly place to work.
Sales Representitive
Indirect Channel Customer Liaison (Former Employee), BelfastJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free time
Cons: lon distance travelling
None office based support worker for indirect channels for BT
Industrial feeling and undervalued workforce
Call Centre Advisor (Current Employee), Portadown, NIRJuly 21, 2014
The people are lovely and the managers are great but it's the same thing most days, there is little career progression and its not very encouraging that you could be sitting doing the same job as the person beside you but be getting paid substantially less due to different contracts.
Fun and productive work environment
work experience (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 1, 2014
The week i spent on work experience was enjoyable and informative.
productive and fast
telephone operator (Former Employee), Slough, ENGJune 30, 2014
Pros: free phone calls
Cons: very fast
trained as a bt operator working in a fast call centre answer calls within 27 seconds
Extremely challenging and often had tight deadlines
Senior Business Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunties
Cons: long hours with travelling to london
Organising my diary with meetings with other managers, working alongside directors and setting out strategic thinking. Planning for the future, producing financial reports, planning reports, risk management reports.

Also coaching was a big part of my role - helping other people in the organisations ensuring that they meet their own personal targets.

The – more... hardest part of my role - the organisation was constantly revolving which produces constant change.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the other professional staff that I worked alongside - extremely professional. – less
To complicated
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Doncaster, ENGMay 26, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: constant unrelenting presure
The company has so many kpi's that you need to hit that its impossible to hit them all... if you aim to hit A B and C you will miss E and F because the contradict each other and are impossible to hit altogether
Poor management
Customer Apparatus & Line Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), lancashireMay 20, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay, work/life balance
Cons: management dictatorship, lack of progression, especially at non management and lower levels of management
The role I had prior to leaving the company I enjoyed doing, but Management attitudes to employees was degenerating to a level of dictatorial status. Age appeared to be a prime motivator for "managing out" of the company, which is a shame as there are real possibilities for a world leading and employee caring company if only the board could see beyond – more... the balance sheet!! – less
Busy contact centre,
BT - CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee), milton keynesMay 17, 2014
answering inbound call and emails regarding telephone/broadband faults and complaints. resolving issues at first contact if possible.
Recording all contacts on computer software.
Ensuring data privacy act complied to. Learned IT skills to resolve simple issues. Dealing with customers and colleagues on a friendly professional basis.
Fast Paced Sales Environment
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Preston, EnglandMay 15, 2014
Daily focus on attaining new business as well as maintaining existing business.
Fun to work with colleagues
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 11, 2014
- Report to manager
- Login to collect the days work
- Quick synergy meetings
- Team building exercises
- Daily targets to be met
Challenging
BT Next Generation Mobile Installation Engineer (Current Employee), ENGMay 3, 2014
Job satisfaction is second to none. The work is mentally and sometimes physically challenging which I enjoy. Hardest part of the job is the company policies as they change so often.
fun workplace
Broadband sales (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGApril 27, 2014
Pros: suited school hours
Cons: taking all the angry customers complaints and not letting them get to you
I would take calls depending on which area i was placed in, e.g 150 included bill information etc and broadband sales included making new broadband connections.
I learned how to use there systems, take card payments and how to problem solve.
Management where ok, but i had trouble with them when my daughters was ill in nursery they wasn't happy when – more... i had to leave early to collect her. my co workers were nice, and you could talk in between calls, lunch etc.
Hardest part was taking all the angry customers complaints and not letting them get to you. Enjoyable part was the hours were 10-2, or 11-3 so suited school hours. – less

1 2 3 4 5