BT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard to make changes
Planning & Delivery Engineer (Former Employee), LondonAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Tools and systems
Cons: Hard to make changes
Good systems and tools. Due to the size and people within the company for a long time it is difficult to bring change into the company.
Fun but draining at the same time
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), West Bromwich, ENGAugust 17, 2015
Cons: shift work.
Worked through Manpower for BT. You have to be there 18 months with BT before you will be considered for a BT contract. Very easy to be out the door if not BT staff. They do try to keep it fun, charity events, food fridays etc. Load of complaints have to be dealt with on that line.
Forward thinking company
Senior Business Transformation Manager (Former Employee), EdinburghAugust 10, 2015
BT is a good place to work with a variety of different opportunities and locations. The training is second to none and they have a good pension and benefits scheme.
good work environment
Sales advisor (Former Employee), dundeeAugust 7, 2015
pressurised environment sales driven. Can be fun but also stressful. must meet sales targets weekly. The job is based on the phone and there is constant calls
Busy and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), NewcastleJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment.
Cons: No flexible hours
BT is a very busy workplace and strict with targets, but is also a very fun and friendly work environment. I learnt how to deal with customers queries and also to quickly place an order for them, my co-workers were around the same age and very friendly and helpful. I would consider the hardest part of the job is to try and persuade a customer over the phone to buy products they were not considering to buy. The most enjoyable part of this job is to sell to a customer and make them very happy with what they have purchased.
A very productive workplace
BT help desk (Former Employee), PrestonJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Long hours
A very fun place to work, i got a long with my co-workers very well, the hardest part of the job was coming across upset and angry customers and the most enjoyable part of the day was succeeding and helping out a cusotmer
BT are very professional in everything they achieve
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGJuly 22, 2015
I was very happy in my position working for BT. We worked as a team and the management always back us up if we needed anything.
fun company
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee), newcastle upon tyneJuly 22, 2015
Pros: BT contracts were available
Working at BT was very challenging at times, as well as hitting kpi's and targets it was essential to maintain a very high standard of customers service to each customer.
My time here I had the opportunity to do nvq level 1 and 2 in telecommunications.
One of the challenges which was slightly difficult was working in customer options team trying to maintain customers from leaving, as at that time a lot of the other companies were very competitive
One of my biggest success in BT was being one of the top 20 sellers on the sight receiving 1300 pounds worth of vouchers.
Fresh challenges every day
Openreach Service Enablement Operations Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Company car
Cons: Long hours and performance management
No two days the same. A pleasure to work for as the word load was always varied. I also got to travel all over Great Britain working in Scotland, Wales and England meeting interesting people from all walks of life.
Rewarding
Customer Retentions Advisor (Current Employee), Doncaster, ENGJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Always have help when necessary
Cons: Can be tedious at times
I have enjoyed my time working here, meeting new people and understanding a different type of workplace. BT are a fantastic company and really help with becoming the best that you can be. I am flourishing in the role and really am taking those extra steps to become the best that i can be. I unfortunately am not comfortable in this role and would like to look elsewhere for a job. Regardless, i do not have a bad word to say about this company, the management and my co-workers are simply amazing, but i want to be faced with a new challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with colleagues around the calls we take and seeing what we can do better next time. There was always room for improvement and i loved the challenges i was faced with. The hardest part of the job was that it was mentally draining. I personally love this but it can sometimes get on top of you. Taking the calls were easy, but sometimes you have to sell things to angry customer who ultimately use profanity towards you and it can be draining. To sum up though i really do love this company and i will be sad to leave.
It was hit and miss.
Outbound Call Advisor (Former Employee), DoncasterJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Pay.
Cons: Work Ethic.
The KPI's were incredibly hard, you had to hit 5 an hour (now that doesn't sound like a lot but let me explain).
You had to place a customer's order and you had to hit 5 of them within the hour but you have to get everything in place before you can call them to confirm the order so if they ask for a couple more days or you can't get through to them, then it gets passed to someone else and you've spent 10 minutes placing an order which you won't get.
I really appreciate
staff administrative (Former Employee), Douala cameroonJune 30, 2015
working in that company was a great experience for me as it was my first experience i really appreciate it was a little company but the challenge was to make it growth and i 've contributated on it
Rewarding employer
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), National RoleJune 15, 2015
Challenging but rewarding. Large organisation with opportunity to build a good network. Provides opportunity for a varied career.
Energetic
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee), South Shields, ENGJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good work space, training & development available, ongoing support
Cons: No parking
* Working on both inbound dialler and outbound dialler as and when required, when on outbound - I would be ringing previous/existing & new customers to renew - upgrade - or sell new products and convert them over to BT.
* Learned to overcome objections by effective questioning techniques. Also learned to never give up. Always keep chipping away .
* Management within BT were OK, a little hard to find sometimes when on the floor however, when support was required the knowledge was definitely there!
* Working within large teams - teams dynamic was great - very supportive and productive.
* Hardest part of the job would have to be the reject in when I was so close to target.
* I loved it when I closed the sale and got the revenue on the board!
Great Place to Work
BT Work Inspiration Placement (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJune 7, 2015
One weeks work experience here which I thoroughly enjoyed however I am possibly not best placed to provide an in-depth review of this job.
good company
Customer Retention Advisor (Former Employee), truroMay 29, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: repetitive
bt as a company are very good. changes in circumstances meant that I transferred to openreach. team moral was good inside the call centre although a little repetitive
enjoyed every minute
bt engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 21, 2015
Pros: just a good company to work for
Cons: travelling
fantastic work place .great workmates and a pleasure to part of a great team.every day was different.i knew nothing about telecommunication and b.t taught me all aspects.i was lucky enough to work under several good managers.the most difficult part of the job was the travelling,i have worked most parts of the country,mainly because of severe weather conditions.i enjoyed doing something different every day and working with a vast array of different engineers
BT is a great place to work
Retentions advisor (Current Employee), Glasgow dial houseMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great incentives, Great environment, Big business so flexible, overall great place.
Cons: strange shift pattern could finish 9 one day then start at 8 the next.
Its like every job you have your good days and your bad but if you are good and follow your job role BT are amazing as employers I'm not yet with BT I'm still under manpower the agency you have to have worked for them for at least 18months before receiving a BT contract but its a great working environment, managers are great, jobs challenging yet fun too, always great incentives too.
Fast paced, exciting workplace
Contact centre agent (999) (Current Employee), NottinghamMay 14, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch
Cons: Unsociable hours
A typical day at work involves answering a variety of 999 calls and deciding which procedure fits the particular call best. It is a fast paced environment which I believe myself to thrive in, as I enjoy working under pressure and to targets
BT - PRIMETIME RECRUITMENT
Office Coordinator and Administrator (Current Employee), Northallerton, ENGMay 12, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Temporary Contracts
I am afraid BT is a little dated in its processes and could struggles to enable on department work well with the next. A customer query could begin within the call centre in India and pass through most branches in the UK before it gets resolved which is time consuming and inefficient.