Prepare, review and/or maintain a variety of JV business/financial submissions and reports required on a timely basis for use by the JV partners.
- College/University degree in the field of finance, accounting or business administration;
- A professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA) is an asset.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Minimum 4 years professional work experience in related field and/or experience within a real estate development organization.
- Knowledge of real estate development accounting practices is an asset
- Detail oriented and responsible individual with a proven track record of proactive planning, taking ownership, and following through to ensure all loose ends are resolved.
- Good business judgment and numerical skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a wide range of working relationships with internal staff and external partners, consultants and suppliers.
- Excellent organization and time management skills in dealing with changing priorities in a fast paced environment, in order to complete a wide variety of responsibilities on a very timely basis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all departments within the organization.
- Good computer skills, including intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a complete and accurate JV loan spreadsheet file (in Excel) with reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare/maintain JV loan facility documentation, including application packages for new loans, loan renewals and loan amendments, and obtaining approvals for such applications.
- Request/maintain title searches required from lawyers prior to loan funding.
Letters of Credit (“L/C”)
- Review JV L/C application packages from internal Portfolio Teams to ensure such packages are complete, accurate, and properly supported.
- Coordinate with Portfolio Teams, JV partner and bank
Land Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Monitor/maintain various internal land closings databases/communications
- Prepare all JV land acquisition funding request packages as required for all closings, including:
o obtaining/reviewing all supporting documentation;
o preparing a detailed reconciliation of the funding request to the project proforma plan; and
- Coordinate all details of land closings with internal and external lawyers, and prepare land acquisition/disposition backup files for internal use and JV partners’ auditors.
- Review land purchase/sale statement of adjustment (“SOA”) packages and related agreements to ensure SOA calculations are correct and properly supported.
- Communicate land closings internally and provide accounting with related financial information for use in preparing closing journal entries.
- Provide assistance to, and undertake special projects with, other departments as necessary in relation to land closing queries from various external auditors.
- Maintain a bi-weekly Master Land Purchase and Sale Report for all JV and non-JV land transactions.
- Monitor and approve legal bills for all JV land purchase/sale transactions, including prepaid accounts and trust reconciliations.
- Monitor and book all prepaid legal costs for all JV land transactions including general ledger coding; trust account reconciliations, and clearing all prepaid legal costs on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly statements of adjustment and summary schedules
- Perform quarterly review of JV project metrics and provide basic variance analysis
- Gather/validate due diligence materials pertaining to real estate portfolio transactions.
- Take on special projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be:
- a strong relationship builder who is intelligent, reliable and dependable
- is logical, task oriented and analytical and has the ability to identify patterns
- is conscientious and co-operative
- is good with detail and takes his/her duties seriously
- tends to be cautious and deliberate in approach
- is likely to be a good team member who will be careful about making decisions
- is inclined to be relaxed, patient and easy going will likely be good at and enjoy
- someone who is looking for a long-term role
This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the most talented individuals in the industry in a fast paced environment.
Indeed - 15 months ago