Brunswick Steel is a General Line Steel Service Centre that provides a wide range of steel and metal products to a diverse customer base that spans Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities
- load steel materials onto flat deck trailers or straight trucks to deliver to customers
- compare the quantity, quality, labelling with manifest and other documents to insure outgoing shipments are complete and correct
- ensure that all products are free of damage
- report any shortages or damages
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Basic understanding for different sizes and types of steel
- Prior experience loading flat deck trailers is a definite asset
- Forklift operating experience
- Overhead crane experience
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once
- Ability to use packaging equipment such as metal banding
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team environment
Candidates must have steel toed boots and their own transportation. We are not on a bus route.
Brunswick Steel is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.