Brunswick Steel provides a wide range of steel and metal products to a diverse customer base that spans Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Preparing all company payments by cheque and wire transfer
- Reconciling company credit card expenditures
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing adjusting journal entries and month and year end accrual entries
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and reduce risk for the company
- Regular reporting, budgeting and analysis of all company expenditures
- Accurate reporting and remitting of PST and GST payments
- Work with other internal departments and external partners to support overall business goals
- Forecasting and cash flow management
- Maintaining customer and vendor files
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in an accounts payable role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or a related accounting designation is preferred
- Strong leadership, management and analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible to changing priorities
The successful candidate will have their own transportation as we are not on a bus route.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department.
Brunswick Steel offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals at this time, please.