Brunel Energy, located in the Cadillac Fairview building at 1600 635 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3M3, provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia), we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
Our client, Chevron Canada Limited, with headquarters located at 500 5 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 0L7 in the Chevron Plaza building, has a proud legacy of exploration success for over 75 years. Their spirit of innovation and positive growth, along with a proud tradition of supporting the communities where they operate, has made them an employer of choice in this industry. Chevron Canada has a clear vision for the future, and is poised for profitable growth through the development of current assets and through future legacy assets in Western Canada including the proposed Kitimat LNG project.
The Construction Area Superintendent will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and implementation of construction activities in support of construction operation for the Kitimat LNG Project Early Works and Infrastructure, including LNG plant and Clio Bay Restoration program.
- Working independently as required to perform the technical aspects of work assigned by the company to ensure contractors are meeting company expectations.
- Supervising personnel and/or contractors and performance tracking at work locations.
- Overseeing other contractors and their scopes of work, both strategically and tactically on a daily basis while ensuring they work within Contractor Health Environment Safety Management (CHESM) policies and standards.
- Supporting the implementation and management of Project Incident and Injury Free (IIF) commitments and E-Colors program at site and office locations to support contractor performance.
- Working with the site Pipeline Team and Site Execution Managers to reflect performance in IIF, audits, loss prevention and other appropriate HES assurance activities to enhance client/contractor working relationship.
- Providing oversight to other professionals as a mentor and providing leadership for site risk assessments, toolboxes, communication protocols and incident investigation.
- Acting as a recognized interface with the regulators at site.
Please note this position will be based out of Kitimat at 369 City Centre Kitimat, BC, V8C 1T6.
A minimum of 10 - 15 years of International Oil Company major capital project construction experience is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree will be required.
There is one position available. This is a full time contract position for one year with the possibility of a contract extension.
A daily rate of $1300 to $2200 will be extended to the selected candidate. The candidate may be eligible for salary increase.
A rotational schedule of 28 days on, followed by 28 days off would be worked. The successful candidate would be expected to work a minimum of 12 hours per day.
Brunel may offer a competitive benefits package. This would cover, extended health, dental and vision care.
To apply please contact Courtney McIvor at fax: 888 821 5736, by phone at 403-539-5009, or by mail to 1600 635 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3M3