Browns Shoes Employee Reviews in Canada

Good environment when it comes to communicating with customers
SALES ASSOCIATE/STOCK (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 23, 2015
- A typical day at Browns Shoes is to meet you're daily goals. To provide customer service to customers in a professional matter. Help maintain the store while working as team.
- Working at Browns Shoes I learned how to manage time, have patience, improved my communication skills, etc.
- Management is very understanding and reasonable.
- Co-workers are all friendly and respectful.
- Hardest part of the job is when there is low traffic.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with different customers and having conversations with them.
Pros
Reasonable
Cons
Weekly shifts vary on traffic
Organized, multitaking, team player,dynamic
Store representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 17, 2016
I have been working for Browns for about ten years now. Working for this great company I have been given much experience with customers, computers and many responsibilities as well.

I was given for many years the responsibility to open and close the office on many occasions. Working closely with all browns stores in aiding them with customer orders. Preparation for our seasonal sales and Inventory. Sending out supplies and binders to each store with specific details on how to proceed with sale and inventory. Organizing orders and verifying store and warehouse inventory.
Pros
I have gained much experience with working at Browns
A good company to work for
stock (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 17, 2015
Work is work, you go in, open boxes and shift in new inventory or spend the day cleaning and fixing mistakes found through out the stock room.
Support staff where possible with stock or suggestions when required.
Hours vary from 3 hours to 9-10 depending on how much needs to be done in a particular day.
Ups and downs as normal in a retail setting, but overall job is fine and the people are pleasant, just not enough work these days to live off of so more is required for myself personally.
I would recommend working for Browns, but more in sales than stock if asked.
Pros
Was able to work and do film together for a time.
Cons
Not enough work anymore since opening 3 extra stores in the city
Really no negative feedback on this job
Stockboy (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCAugust 5, 2015
-Really friendly colleagues
-Always willing to help if you need something
-really useful work experience
-Chance of advancement which is really important
-Salary review at the end of the year
Pros
discounts
Cons
unpredictable calls
Browns shoes
sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 3, 2016
A classic retail job that managing is very unstable and does not seem to be caring about their employees. They have nice shoes but that's as far as it goes
Simple place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2016
It was a simple place to work. I learned basic selling techniques. The position did not involve task variation. Coworkers were pleasant.
Fun place to work and keep you on your toes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at Browns starts with thinking of ways to achieve your sales goal for the day and hitting every percentage. Everytime I make a sale --you think of ways to add more accessories to the product. I learnt to overcome rejections and sell more than one item. Management works with your skill set and teaches you how to reach your full potential. You learn to work with different type of people and gain a great deal of knowledge.
A great part time job with great discounts.
sales (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioAugust 17, 2015
Not a life career job. But its good just to have on the side as a side job. 50% off with discounts, which is always good. The people are great to work with.
Hours and management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
I was a returning sales associate from leave due to university out of town and my original manager had left the company which lead me to having to beg the new manager for hours. instead of him helping me out he stared at me inappropriately all three times I came in to speak with him.
Fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at browns for the most part, the people i worked with were great and it could be a fun enivorment to work in. Some days were very slow so it made it hard to want to be there but when it was busy it was alot of fun. I got to meet lots of different kinds of clientel and learned lts about comfort in your feet.
Fast learning environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work would include greeting costumers. Making sure everything stays organized, and using the till. I have learnt many skills from browns such as organization, time management and greeting skills. My co works were amazing and very helpful. The management was fair and very nice. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the little details, the most enjoyable part of the job was taking time to help the customer find the right pair of shoes.
Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontarioNovember 9, 2014
Brown Shoes is a great company however they need some improvements with management team such as, no professional skills and try to make a positive environment for employees.
Pros
great discount
Cons
overworked
Great team work and helping co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  mississaugaOctober 1, 2012
I learned how to be on cash pretty fast. I loved working with the customers i liked the part where they had shoes for the whole family. So i would work with childern and adults it as just a great to see how much skills i have learned from there before going back to shool.
Bilingual Retail Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2012
Great company to work for. Management was a little weak. Most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
belittled
Unhappy employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughMarch 3, 2014
Browns has a good culture but the full time employees worked on commission and was always in competition with each other and always complaining. Made the work atmosphere uncomfortable at times.
Excellent Canadian Run Company
Sales Associate - Promenade Mall (Former Employee) –  Toronto and Various Surounding CitiesDecember 6, 2012
Provided the right retail foundation for my career in the industry.
organize and give intructions
Key Holder/ keyholder assitant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical dat at work is checking the goal of the quaote of the day check schedule whos is in whos out, breaks, emails, clients, new productes, new employes, training, open and close cash, cleaning
A Place I'd Like to Work Again
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2012
I had to do an assignment in class about what company I would like to work for once I have completed school. This assignment has come in perfect timing as I have just begun my post graduation job search. It has helped me to think about how my past experiences can help me to pursue a future career. There is one company that I have become to value over the last year and have wanted to work within ever since I left the company. I know that sounds strange, but earlier this year I decided to get a part-time job during my studies at Blanche Macdonald. Seeing as I was studying fashion I decided to go after work within a retail establishment. I started my job hunt at Metrotown with a stack of resume’s and went to stores where I felt like I could fit in. I went to about ten different stores where most happily accepted my resumes and said they would keep it on file.

To make a long story short I realized I had put the wrong phone number on my resumes. I probably got a few callbacks, but no one was able to reach me because of my stupidity. I decided to go back to a few of the stores and tell them what had happened. I went back to Browns Shoes to tell them about my mishap and the Manager laughed and told me that he had been trying to reach me. He then gave me an interview and I ended up getting a call back saying that I got the job. I was only a part-time cashier and sales associate, but I felt like my job was important and that the work I was doing was valuable to the company.

I worked at Browns for four months before leaving to pursue an internship. It was not because I didn’t enjoy
  more... my job, it was because my workload at school got heavy and I wanted to try out something other than retail. On my last day working at Browns our district manager and the president of the company visited our store. This was a very rare occasion as the head office is based out of Montreal. I’ve never met someone so high up in a company that appreciates their employees as much as Mr. Brownstien. He took the time out of his busy day to talk to me about my future plans and myself. I then told him that it was my last day on the job, he gave me a hug and thanked me for working at his company and said I was welcome back anytime.

My experience at Browns has made me consider going back there once I am finished school. I do not want to go back to being a sales associate, but I am considering applying in their visual merchandising department and work my way up to become an assistant buyer. I enjoy working for a company that acknowledges all of their employees no matter what level there at and compensates them for their hard work. I also like that they donate 10% of their pre-tax profits to charities. More than this I want to work for a company where employees have the opportunity to make their way up in the company and where hard workers are rewarded. Browns exceeds these career requirements for me and I hope they will welcome me back with open arms.
Browns shoes
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QCApril 15, 2016
une journée chez Browns typique est ce rendre dans mon département faire le travail laisser par mes collèges du soir qui consiste a s'occuper du shipping et du receiving .
Pros
50% de rabais sur les souliers
Cons
courtes pauses
Très bonne entreprise
CONSEILLER CLIENTÈLE BILINGUE ANGLAIS (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 3, 2016
une très bonne ambiance, équipe jeune, positive et dynamique. La clientèle etant plutôt haut de gamme, c'est un service optimal que nous avons fournis.