Browns Shoes

Browns Shoes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unhappy employees
Cashier (Former Employee), ScarboroughMarch 3, 2014
Browns has a good culture but the full time employees worked on commission and was always in competition with each other and always complaining. Made the work atmosphere uncomfortable at times.
organize and give intructions
Key Holder/ keyholder assitant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
a typical dat at work is checking the goal of the quaote of the day check schedule whos is in whos out, breaks, emails, clients, new productes, new employes, training, open and close cash, cleaning
Excellent Canadian Run Company
Sales Associate - Promenade Mall (Former Employee), Toronto and Various Surounding CitiesDecember 6, 2012
Provided the right retail foundation for my career in the industry.
Excellent Canadian Run Company
Provided the right retail foundation for my career in the industry.
Bilingual Retail Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2012
Pros: meeting people
Cons: belittled
Great company to work for. Management was a little weak. Most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers.
Great team work and helping co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), mississaugaOctober 1, 2012
Cons: long hours
I learned how to be on cash pretty fast. I loved working with the customers i liked the part where they had shoes for the whole family. So i would work with childern and adults it as just a great to see how much skills i have learned from there before going back to shool.
A Place I'd Like to Work Again
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2012
I had to do an assignment in class about what company I would like to work for once I have completed school. This assignment has come in perfect timing as I have just begun my post graduation job search. It has helped me to think about how my past experiences can help me to pursue a future career. There is one company that I have become to value over – more... the last year and have wanted to work within ever since I left the company. I know that sounds strange, but earlier this year I decided to get a part-time job during my studies at Blanche Macdonald. Seeing as I was studying fashion I decided to go after work within a retail establishment. I started my job hunt at Metrotown with a stack of resume’s and went to stores where I felt like I could fit in. I went to about ten different stores where most happily accepted my resumes and said they would keep it on file.

To make a long story short I realized I had put the wrong phone number on my resumes. I probably got a few callbacks, but no one was able to reach me because of my stupidity. I decided to go back to a few of the stores and tell them what had happened. I went back to Browns Shoes to tell them about my mishap and the Manager laughed and told me that he had been trying to reach me. He then gave me an interview and I ended up getting a call back saying that I got the job. I was only a part-time cashier and sales associate, but I felt like my job was important and that the work I was doing was valuable to the company.

I worked at Browns for four months before leaving to pursue an internship. It was not because I didn’t enjoy my job, it was because my workload at school got heavy and I wanted to try out something other than retail. On my last day working at Browns our district manager and the president of the company visited our store. This was a very rare occasion as the head office is based out of Montreal. I’ve never met someone so high up in a company that appreciates their employees as much as Mr. Brownstien. He took the time out of his busy day to talk to me about my future plans and myself. I then told him that it was my last day on the job, he gave me a hug and thanked me for working at his company and said I was welcome back anytime.

My experience at Browns has made me consider going back there once I am finished school. I do not want to go back to being a sales associate, but I am considering applying in their visual merchandising department and work my way up to become an assistant buyer. I enjoy working for a company that acknowledges all of their employees no matter what level there at and compensates them for their hard work. I also like that they donate 10% of their pre-tax profits to charities. More than this I want to work for a company where employees have the opportunity to make their way up in the company and where hard workers are rewarded. Browns exceeds these career requirements for me and I hope they will welcome me back with open arms. – less
voici une journée de travail chez browns
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee), Laval, QCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: cours de vente une fois par semaine
Cons: rare possibilité d'évoluer dans la compagnie
Nouveau objectif de vente à atteindre a chaque jours.
Accueillir les clients et vérifier ce qu'ils recherchent, essayer de leur offrir le plus vaste choix possible pour répondre a leur besoins.
Une fois que le client est entrain d'essayer un produit lui crée un 2e besoin ou un 3e pour but de maximiser les ventes et compléter sa demande tout en étant – more... aimable et avoir une conversation intéressante pour but de comprendre mieux ce qu'il recherche et ce qu'il lui manque.
L,aspect le plus agréable: Nous avons un très beau esprit d’équipe en magasin et chaque membre du travail fait partie de la famille.
Nous avons étai entraîner a chaque semaine pour s’améliorer, participer à plusieurs rencontre avec des compagnies pour agrandir nos connaissances.
Nous avons des standards a respecté et sinon des conséquences y suivront. – less