Browns Shoes Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Stockboy and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2017
Depending on where you apply, the job is simple and you can go at your own pace. There's a job to do and by the end of your shift it needs to be done.
Great management and an excellent workplace
Sales and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
It is one of the few places where I enjoyed and believed being part of a team that worked together towards set goals while also keeping the workplace as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible.
Good job overall
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2017
Pros:
- employees are friendly and fun to work with
- good employee discounts
- flexible work times

Cons:
- management can be pushy at times
- some employees form cliques
Family like environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
Managers like to get to know their employees. Helps build a rapport. Understanding for scheduling, and for reasons as to why you could not make a shift.
High paced and fun environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 March 2017
Browns Shoes I a great company to work for who highly respects their employees and treat one another like family.

It is a high paced working environment and we strive to facilitate sales, manage daily, monthly and seasonal quotas.

The hardest part of the job is during peak hours, especially weekends, when you're challenged with numerous customers at the same time while assuring each customer is properly being taken care of and feels of importance while in your care.

I've learned how to effectively communicate with customers and have mastered my sales approaches, almost always up-scaling my sales. This job has developed my confidence communicating with customers and has taught me how to effectively assure customer satisfaction.
Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
In the beginning the job can be seem fun and surrounded by friendly competition among your co-workers. However, after working there for a year and a change of management, the store has become dull and repetitive. The change in management at some stores can be very demotivating.
family company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
Futuristic company.Good events in all sessions and very comfortable to the interior,Highly skilled staff for heavy work, and an excellent and dynamic group of supervisors.
Flexible schedules for employee comfort....thx
Pros
good working environment..
Good work environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2017
One of the best job Ive had. It is a very good company as a worker or customer, I loved my years working there. My co-workers were amazing and the job itself very good!
What I learned
room for advancement
customer focused
competitive salary
customer focused.
Pros
Commission
Poor Management -- Employees Treated like numbers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
Had an amazing manager for 2 years and then he got promoted and we got a whole new management team. The new manager did not take the time to get to know his staff. Instead he just treated us like numbers. Only thing keeping a lot of people at the location from quitting is the fact that we have a close relationship with our coworkers outside of the store.
I have learned amazing customer service (from the old manager)
I have also learned how to stand on my feet for 12 hour shifts
The most enjoyable part of the job is the discounts. However, the pay could be a lot better. If you are sales you get commission and a base pay, however, if you are cash you only get a base pay. One would expect that a cashier would maybe get a bit more per hour than a sales person, however, this is not the case with this company. Cashiers get paid the same amount as the sales people and they do not get commission. -- When asking upper management about a raise opportunity, immediately shut down and told to get a raise you have to be exceptional at your job. Bottom line is if upper management likes you, you get a raise every year, if not then maybe you get one every other year.
Pros
50% off Shoes
Cons
Poor management
Was a learning experience
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
I loved all of my coworkers although we did have a lot of turnarounds with the company (new management, new team)
I loved building the customer client profile. Had customers whom would love to come back to me.
I learned about commission based work, and I got to grow with the company itself.
Pros
Nice customers, most employees, easy work
Cons
Slow business, management changes too much.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
An average shift consists of greeting customers and providing quality fashion advice. I really grew as a person while working at Browns; I used to be really shy and kept to myself.
Brown's being a customer service based job (like many other jobs) helped me come out of my shell and I still continue to have a pleasant time working there.
I'd say the most enjoyable part is having customers leave with a big smile on their face; this alone lets me know I've done my job correctly.
Simple place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2016
It was a simple place to work. I learned basic selling techniques. The position did not involve task variation. Coworkers were pleasant.
Browns shoes
sales (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 June 2016
A classic retail job that managing is very unstable and does not seem to be caring about their employees. They have nice shoes but that's as far as it goes
Browns shoes
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC15 April 2016
une journée chez Browns typique est ce rendre dans mon département faire le travail laisser par mes collèges du soir qui consiste a s'occuper du shipping et du receiving .
Pros
50% de rabais sur les souliers
Cons
courtes pauses
Fast paced and competitive work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 April 2016
Typical work day involved helping customers on a one to one basis and providing constructive feedback as well as valuable knowledge of the product. Also performed typical cash duties as well as general store maintenance. I learned how to work as part of a team, as well as deal with high pressure situations. These skills are very valuable when working with a team on a collaborative project with a tight deadline. Management was helpful and organized. Co-workers were competitive but friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple customers at a time, but over time I became comfortable with this and became very skilled at handling these types of seemingly overwhelming situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was truly satisfied with the service I provided and came back time and time again for my service.
Pros
Commission based environment
Cons
Long hours and physical work(Ladder climbing, stock shifting)
Très bonne entreprise
CONSEILLER CLIENTÈLE BILINGUE ANGLAIS (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 March 2016
une très bonne ambiance, équipe jeune, positive et dynamique. La clientèle etant plutôt haut de gamme, c'est un service optimal que nous avons fournis.
Organized, multitaking, team player,dynamic
Store representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC17 February 2016
I have been working for Browns for about ten years now. Working for this great company I have been given much experience with customers, computers and many responsibilities as well.

I was given for many years the responsibility to open and close the office on many occasions. Working closely with all browns stores in aiding them with customer orders. Preparation for our seasonal sales and Inventory. Sending out supplies and binders to each store with specific details on how to proceed with sale and inventory. Organizing orders and verifying store and warehouse inventory.
Pros
I have gained much experience with working at Browns
Good environment when it comes to communicating with customers
SALES ASSOCIATE/STOCK (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 December 2015
- A typical day at Browns Shoes is to meet you're daily goals. To provide customer service to customers in a professional matter. Help maintain the store while working as team.
- Working at Browns Shoes I learned how to manage time, have patience, improved my communication skills, etc.
- Management is very understanding and reasonable.
- Co-workers are all friendly and respectful.
- Hardest part of the job is when there is low traffic.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with different customers and having conversations with them.
Pros
Reasonable
Cons
Weekly shifts vary on traffic
A good company to work for
stock (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2015
Work is work, you go in, open boxes and shift in new inventory or spend the day cleaning and fixing mistakes found through out the stock room.
Support staff where possible with stock or suggestions when required.
Hours vary from 3 hours to 9-10 depending on how much needs to be done in a particular day.
Ups and downs as normal in a retail setting, but overall job is fine and the people are pleasant, just not enough work these days to live off of so more is required for myself personally.
I would recommend working for Browns, but more in sales than stock if asked.
Pros
Was able to work and do film together for a time.
Cons
Not enough work anymore since opening 3 extra stores in the city