Brother International Corp.

Brother International Corp. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work - benefits, salary and work independantly
Regional Trainer (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: bonus
Training at all levels. Wonderful when you teach someone something. Great team to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting these trainings.
Great people
Senior HR Administrator (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, managers i respected, and a good location.
Cons: white noise
The corporate headquarters was always busy, but I felt that people always took time to help one another while meeting their deadlines. I had professional colleagues who I respected. I learned a lot during the recent acquisitions. I enjoyed the variety of my job. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful and talented people I worked with.
Culture Boasts Long-Time Managers
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 24, 2014
Upper management has been here a long time - 15+ years;
Sales team doing a great job;
I managed the insurance risk for BIC in Americas;
I managed the FX forward contracts;
Busy part of year in summer for renewals.
Productive & Respectful company to work in .
Marketing & Product Executive (Current Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: very bad salaries
For me i consider Brother Gulf One of the best multinational companies in respecting their employees. I Have been for a year now with them, I learned with them how you must respect you colleagues & Partners. I learned with them how to meet our objectives and to implement the marketing activities within very strict timeline, Also how organize your daily – more... work life which was a weak point for me before.The Hardest part of the job for me is when there is no work to do and the most enjoyable part of the job when we go for Business trips because i like to meet with new people and i gained a lot of Experience in know the Business culture of a lot of Countries. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Very busy day worked on ever part of HR. I learned how to grow the company and its subsidiaries. My co-workers were very professional.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the company and the healthy growth of company.
This was a great job
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 29, 2013
A typical day at work involved scanning and indexing multiple documents important to the company, specifically within the Credit Department. From this job, I learned to dress in corporate attire, and I also learned how to work quickly and efficiently, especially on day where there was a lot of documents to be scanned. I also learned how to use various – more... databases in order to index the documents correctly. My coworkers were enjoyable to be around, even on the most stressful of days. It was a very calm and welcoming environment. – less
extremely demanding yet extremely rewarding
manager (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: very competitive pay excellent products.
Cons: extremely political, many people feel overworked and micro managed
I have worked with some great people there.
Typical workdays start early, before office opens. Days become very busy very quickly. Working late is often needed to complete the days work.

The work is not difficult but the environment often makes completion difficult as there is a lack of respect for non upper management employees and their time. Workloads – more... are difficult to manage as there are spontaneous assignments often with short deadlines.

There is room for advancement however advancement can be difficult if management changes. This is a very political environment. – less
technical support
Hardware & Software Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2013
Customer service. Did technical support for printers and fax machines.
A cultural work experience
European Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Ashton-Under-LyneOctober 21, 2013
Pros: only a temporary contract
Cons: poor communication
My work was enjoyable and my colleagues affable; manangement and team leaders where not always approachable as the company employs them diorect from their head offices in Japan and sometimes communication between staff and management suffered for this.
Global driven company.
SWAP (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNSeptember 23, 2013
What I have learned at Brother International Corporation is what it takes to get and keep a job especially since this is I have worked here for over 6 years.
Very nice company
Quality Data Analyst and Administrator (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNMarch 5, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Management does their job without hassling you about yours. Every morning everyone is happy. Absolutely incredible place to work.
Good company to work for. Treats employees well. Technology challenged.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at Brother. Good people. Some good managers. A step behind in technology.
Good Place to work
SAP Functional Analyst /Intern (Former Employee), IlliniosJanuary 28, 2013
Looking for challenging this is the place.Great office, great staff and work life
Great atmosphere
Business Development Manager, Business Machines (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 27, 2012
Pros: excellent management
Cons: extensive travel
Typical Day:
researching new sales and service cetner leads in Latin America/Caribbean. Contacting leads for potential to expand business into territories.

Hardest part of the job:
requires extensive travel

most enjoyable part of the job:
meeting new people from different cultures/backgrounds
OK
Major Education Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 23, 2012
I'd rather not offer my opinions other than my coworkers were great people to work with.
I always enjoy coming into work. The atmosphere is pleasant.
SWAP Supervisor (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: good acompensation and benefits.
I can work with most people as long as there is respect and integrity. We have good work ethics and durability.
Best Home Office Consumer Electronics Producer
SENIOR OUTBOUND SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 2, 2012
Pros: goodcompensation and benefits and good people
Cons: high workflow
High standards, good management. Co workers were nice and helpful, dedicated to the Brother philosophy. HArdest part of the job was workflow which was very high.
Brother is an office that watches over employees' welfare and growth intently. Workplace is very conducive for effective work..
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Makati, PhilippinesSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: management closely coordinated all job-related news/concerns w/ employees, they are also quick to spot and address any problem that an employee may seem to have, there is good balance bet work and fun.
Cons: i had no health card.
People come to work motivated, secured and confident bec. management has: ensured peace and order in the workflow, closely coordinated with employees, made themselves very accessible to employees for any concern and had employees' compensation/ benefits as one of top priorities.

To ensure peace and order in the workplace, management also watches out – more... that each and every employee flows with the vison and policies of the company and that he or she is a contributor and not a distractor to either the company or its employees.

At Brother, employees are also subjected to trainings, seminars and the likes for continued growth.

The most enjoyable/fulfilling part of my job was when I triumphed over challenges we had. Ex was when a big client refused to even ask for a quote. Me and my staff went there, did our bit and that agency ordered Brother printer in bulk.

Hardest and most painful part and of my job was when i was misunderstood.

Next enjoyable of course was i had fun at the workplace bec of the teamwork, camaraderie, company outings n eating out with boss n employees and closeness of management to employees. The atmosphere in the office was simply relaxing, motivating and a bit exciting. – less
temporary job through placement agency
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), MemphisSeptember 23, 2012
the day would consist of receiving goods stored in the warehouse for catalog orders. I've learned the process of catalog orders and how accurately enter them in the system for inventory purposes. The hardest part was when the job ended. The information I learned was the enjoyable part.
Great Enviorment
Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Bartlett TNAugust 17, 2012
Pros: employee gatherings, great pay and benifits
Work would begin at 6am.I would deligate orders to the emploees that i supervised. We would have at least 60% of our orders completed before lunch. If in cases we finished all work before the end of shift we would then help replenish

About Brother International Corp.

Brother International is a Japanese multinational electronics and electrical equipment company headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. – Read more

Brother International Corp. Photos