Distribution Center Associate
Brother Canada, Vancouver
Want to join a customer-focused sales and distribution company that’s been growing consistently for the past several years?
Located in Richmond, British Columbia, Brother International Corporation of Canada is currently looking for a Distribution Center Associate. The Brother name is synonymous with success in the marketing of innovative, award-winning business machines and high-quality sewing machines.
A Distribution Center Associate plays a vitally important role in our customer-focused organization.
Your efficiency and attention to detail in the receiving, preparing, packing and shipping of our orders has a direct impact on the level of our customers’ satisfaction. Your teamwork, team spirit and the ideas you can contribute ensure all operations remain smooth, but also constantly improve.
Are you a passionate, team-oriented individual who has a strong desire to achieve customer satisfaction through the accuracy, efficiency and safety of your work? Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills through our Logistics Career Development Program to enhance the team’s performance and build the group’s pride in the success of our distribution center operations?
We’re looking for great people who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and integrate the competencies and skills required by the Logistics Career Development program
- Perform full core functions of a distribution centre (Order picking, packing, preparing, shipping and receiving)
- Have a proactive and positive approach towards work methodology
- Promote and comply to Health and Safety procedures and guidelines of the Distribution Center
- Receive merchandise, prepare and pack order and confirm receipt in our Inventory Management System (SAP)
- Pick products as per picking labels with a lift truck/order picker and confirm picking
- Verify if information on labels is accurate, seal boxes and prepare shipping documents
- Work collaboratively with others to ensure orders are delivered on time
- Be a proud member of the Brother community
- Adopt a learning and teaching/coaching approach with colleagues
- Look for improvements and share ideas and contributes to fostering a team-based approach
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Experience in a Distribution Centre
- Ability to learn new procedures and techniques
- The ability to read, write, calculate, work with others and evolve in a culture of learning, and development
- A high degree of motivation, resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Alertness, good listening and communications skills
- Computer skills
- English language/oral and written skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Available to work shifts
So please join us in our quest to deliver superior customer service!
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Brother Canada GREAT PEOPLE team
Great people delivering a superior customer experience