Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading four-diamond hotel, restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking a talented, dynamic Assistant Food and Beverage Manager. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Primary responsibility is to provide leadership, direction and supervision to partners in the daily operations of the Outlets, including, but not limited to Perspectives Restaurant, Options Jazz Lounge, IRD, B Café. The Assistant Food and Beverage Manager assist and direct food and beverage partners in providing sensational experiences for our guests.
Reports To: Food and Beverage Outlets Manager
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Accounting and budgeting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in working in Food and Beverage
- Strong Computer knowledge
- Extensive computer knowledge and computer applications
- Wine and Food pairing experience
- Human Resources experiences
- Ability to motivate and train partners
- Ability to work cohesively with all outlet areas & co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals and large groups
- Retail purchasing and inventory experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule
- Act as Duty Manager as required.
1. Ensure the smooth daily operations of the Outlets
- Booking reservations
- Inventory of products
- Cleanliness of all areas
- Linen control
- Guest satisfaction always met or exceeded
- Conduct daily inspections of all areas to ensure quality and standards being met
- Ensure compliance to all Health Department and liquor regulations within the Food and Beverage Division
- Ensure Four Diamond service and product standards are being met, or exceeded
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are practiced
- Assist in the process of hiring partners
- Motivation of partners to perform at their highest abilities
- Performance Evaluation and Disciplinary procedures
- Address any Brookstreet Partner’s ideas and/or concerns in a timely, effective manner
- Provide support and leadership to Food and Beverage outlets partners
- Monitor and maintain variable costs vs budget on daily basis
- Maintain guidelines of budget
- Quality (connection)
5. Develop and plan F&B concepts
- Assist ownership or management with concepts and ideas to keep Brookstreet F&B ahead of its competition and on the cutting edge of the hotel industry.
- Approve and implement new menus, special events and new service standards with the involvement of team members.
Email your resume or visit us at our Open Casting Call every Friday between 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa K2K 2W2.