Located in Abbotsford, Brookside is a progressive premium global confectionery company offering the finest chocolate covered fruit products. Acquired by The Hershey Company, we are growing rapidly and are actively seeking to add high quality employees to our team. We are accepting applications for the full time position of Purchasing Coordinator.
The Purchasing Coordinator will support material planning and purchasing for the facility. They will also provide back up to the Plant Planner.
This position will:
- Price and purchase supplies for internal departments including Quality Assurance, Production and Maintenance.
- Negotiate and price supplier contracts for general factory supplies and services.
- Create requisitions, verify purchase orders, confirm orders and review invoices with suppliers.
- Create external and internal reports as required.
- Track and confirm receiving of materials, including raw materials, packaging, and general factory supplies.
- Own the strategic sourcing process for general factory supplies and as directed by senior management.
- Coordinate the inter-company transfer for raw materials and packaging.
The requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business with courses in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 year in supply chain area with exposure to production planning/scheduling and materials purchasing.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Strong PC skills including the use of MS Office products (particularly Excel), as well as proficiency in using SAP or a similar ERP package.
We offer competitive compensation and team oriented work environment. All employees must have strong English comprehension, both written and oral. All employees will be required to submit to both Criminal Record and Medical Assessments. We welcome applications from all candidates qualified and permitted to work in Canada.
If you are interested in joining a hard working, fun loving team who take great pride in creating some of the most delicious Fruit and Confectionary delights, please submit your resume.