Brookside -- now a part of THE HERSHEY COMPANY is a progressive premium global confectionery company offering the finest chocolate covered fruit and nut products.
We are accepting applications for the full time position of MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician shares the responsibility for the timely and quality repair and preventative maintenance of plant machinery and equipment to minimize downtime, maintain the life of the equipment, and ensure safe and efficient operations.
- 3-5 years experience (in an industrial/food processing environment, an asset)
- Class 5 Power Engineering Certificate (boiler ticket) an asset
- Journeyman license/ticket
- Electrical and industrial mechanics background
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Ability to multi-task and work in a highly organized fashion with attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including afternoons, graves and weekends
Brookside offers a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth, including a competitive compensation package with wages and benefits and as part of The Hershey Company, exposure to world class, global organization.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume, including wage expectations. All employees are required to submit to a Medical-Health Assessment/Work Clearance and Criminal Background Check. We welcome applications from all those eligible to work in Canada. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.