BROOKFIELD RESIDENTIAL Employee Reviews

Used to be great
Admin. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
I loved this company at first.. then it went down hill. Management too busy handing out new titles to each other while the hard working "grunt" employees go un noticed and under appreciated. They constantly ask you to "improve process" but if you share your opinion it's ignored or looked down on or you are over stepping... Unless of course you have one of those fancy titles.
Overtime encouraged but not paid.
Cost of living goes up..your pay doesn't!
Pros
Nice office. Support staff nice to work with.
Cons
MANAGEMENT, Pay
Sadly gone down hill
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
New Management has ruined this company as a great place to work. Non management staff are overworked and very under appreciated. High stress work loads, unpaid overtime, quite a few disgruntled employees and a lack of respect for the opinions of the staff that are actually doing the work.
Culture has Diminished
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
The culture at brookfield used to be very positive, however has declined to to new management. They have promoted from within but not promoting managers who are experienced enough.
Official response from BROOKFIELD RESIDENTIAL
12 December 2016

While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your feedback. We strive to promote from within wherever possible, and set up new leaders and managers for success. We are addressing the issue you have highlighted by broadening and deepening the support we provide to newly promoted (and future) leaders, effective January 2017. We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

A Very Busy New Home Construction Business
Sales Administrator - Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Working with the Management and Staff of Brookfield Residential has been another great opportunity to see how a large 'machine' works. The majority of our homes were entry level / first time homeowners or downsizers - our product was clean, well built and offered the customer a very good value for their dollar. The Sales Administration Department was a very busy spot - dealing with 8 different Sales Centres and Sales Teams. We processed between 5 - 8 agreements per week making sure of the accuracy of the agreement and paperwork required. 2015 we closed 400+ Units in Calgary with an overall acceptance rating of 89%. Great People to work with and learn from.
Pros
Breakfast Club on every floor
Cons
Very Busy in Sales Admin
Official response from BROOKFIELD RESIDENTIAL
12 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your contributions to Brookfield Residential! We do have incredibly talented team members, who are generous with their time and expertise. We had over 50 mentors in our formal mentorship program last year! We wish you the best in the next step of your career!

Great company and people
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2016
Great company and people room for advancement great perks some un expected turn over lately overall still a good place to work
Pros
Lots of perks
Great Company
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2016
-A typical day at work for me is greeting customers, handling a lot of administrative work, filing, creating marketing materials.
-From this company I learnt a lot about professionalism. I also learnt how to work with people who are higher up than me and how to communicate with a wide spectrum of people as well.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with all kinds of people.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2015
Brookfield Residential is a good place to work. The people are nice, the location is easy to commute to, just not enough parking.
Great Company to work for
Property Administrator / Relief Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2014
Worked for over 60 different sites managed by the company, had a variety of different work in each office, Enjoyed working there but had to leave as I started my own business.

Great people to work for.
Pros
Big Company lots of chance of advancement.
Cons
Not that I recall
N/a
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 April 2014
It was a very busy condo in downtown Toronto with little time to breath
Great working enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2014
Very community driven, when the southern Alberta floods happened June 2013, donated the time of 5 work crews to go in and start the demolition of flooded basements.

The People are great to work with, made going to work an enjoyable task every morning.
Fun and busy place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2013
Good residents, good management, good team with superintendents
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Very busy
Excellent company with inspiring executives who are the best in the industry.
Market Research Coordinator, Land Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 November 2011
Working for Brookfield Residential was a remarkable experience. I truly believe there is a lot of potential to grow with the company since they have three different divisions and are in several cities in North America. The compensation and benefits are somewhat comparable to the oil and gas sector and the emphasis to work and life balance is outstanding.
Highly recommend this company.
Pros
one friday off a month plus two extra flex days, total of 14 flex days a year, great benefits, work hard and play hard phylosophy