Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Homes, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employers of Choice, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Homes is a well-known and respected home builder in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States. Brookfield Homes Alberta is a member of Brookfield Residential (formerly Carma Developers), which is a North American land developer and homebuilder that is active in ten principal markets with more than 100,000 lots controlled. Brookfield Homes Alberta has been building homes for over 20 years and is currently active with both multi-family and single family developments in Alberta.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Just imagine the endless possibilities that will lead you to being your best. Choose from dozens of career paths, work with extraordinary people, and make an impact on others through your work and your community. Learn more about our many opportunities by visiting www.Brookfieldrp.com.
Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Pre-Occupancy Technician in our Edmonton Housing Division. This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
The Pre-Occupancy Technician’s primary responsibility is to assist the Site Manager and construction team in completing housing units to Brookfield’s high standard of quality and workmanship. The position’s objective is to satisfy the time and cost commitments to complete the units and still maximize customer satisfaction.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Our Pre-Occupancy Technician is a part of a team that oversees the construction of housing units that are built according to Brookfield’s high quality standards and workmanship. Reporting to the Site Manager, our Pre-Occupancy Technician is responsible for performing the following specific tasks:
- Perform comprehensive inspections on the interior and exterior of home to ensure home is completed according to the approved plans, specifications, building codes and relevant warranty programs. Ensure home meets Brookfield Home’s high standards and is completed for customer at occupancy date.
- Communicate deficiencies to appropriate trade partners for rectification in a professional business like manner and ensure deficiencies are completed.
- Ensure all checklists, and required paperwork is documented and filed. Provide feedback of recurring plan and trade issues to site management.
- Miscellaneous carpentry as needed.
- Set up heat and hoarding as required.
- Supervise sub-trades and staff who may be assigned under your direction.
- Ensure all building materials are used prudently. Ensure Brookfield Home’s employees and trade partners clean up after themselves and the site is immaculately clean at all times. Excess materials are moved to the next site for use and the assistant/superintendent is notified of material count.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 years of construction experience.
- Detail oriented with organizational abilities and computer skills.
- Effective communication skills: ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle required: must be able to travel to job sites located outside of public transit routes.
- Blueprint Reading, Construction Fundamentals, and Building Solutions (PHBIA) considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- You have a reputation for delivering strong customer service.
- You have previous experience in the construction industry specifically in residential new home construction.
- You possess strong knowledge of the local trades industry.
- You are passionate about continuous learning and utilizing all new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Your uncompromising belief in teamwork allows you to effectively collaborate with others while supporting the goals of the business.
- You are able to effectively analyze situations and information.
- You possess a demonstrated attention to detail and high quality workmanship; accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved and showing concern for all aspects of the job.
- Your planning and organizing skills enable you to multi task and meet or exceed all deadlines.
- You have a keen interest in building a career in the construction industry.
Brookfield Residential continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. We nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com