Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Residential, formerly Carma Developers, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employer’s of Choice, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join our team.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Accountant. This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment. Visit our website at www.broookfieldrp.com to learn more about our communities, history, values (Passion, Integrity, and Community) and our career opportunities.
As part of the Edmonton Land Division, our Intermediate Accountant is responsible for the preparation, monitoring, and communication of the day-to-day operational accounting for the Edmonton Land Division. Reporting to the Lead Accountant, the Intermediate Accountant will play a key role in reporting and preliminary analysis of financial results, as well as provide assistance in continually examining efficiency, reporting, and internal controls.
- Preparing quarterly and year-end working papers including full balance sheet reconciliation, ledger and sub-ledger journal entries, supporting continuity and reconciliation schedules, and preliminary variance analysis
- Maintaining inventory and job cost systems, reviewing bank reconciliations, facilitating job cost meetings
- Assisting the Lead Accountant in preparation and analysis of monthly cash flow and operating income forecast, quarterly borrowing base forecast, as well as annual business plan
- Ensuring compliance with Limits of Authority Policy, SOX controls, and providing information to the audit process
- Managing accounting for Residents Associations including review of accounts payable, payroll, GST remittance, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Providing ad-hoc reports as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Pursuing an accounting designation or equivalent education
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting department of a medium to large corporation
- Proven experience in financial reporting and analysis, supplemented by working paper preparation
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and perform at a high level of accuracy
- Experience in real estate or manufacturing would be an asset
- You have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ensure mutual understanding of current subject
- You exhibit strong analytical skills by exploring alternate solutions and questioning status quo
- You are comfortable making decision in situations that fall outside established guidelines
- You are results-oriented and adapt to achieve required outcomes
- You demonstrate solid leadership skills by working to improve and reinforce performance of others and helping them to be their best
Brookfield Residential continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. We nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are passionate about creating Edmonton's best communities and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1
To see the complete posting please visit our website at www.Brookfieldrp.com and click on careers